Let's bring www.pimpmyskoda.co.uk back to life

Dear community members, 

Today, as I was trying to review some useful information on www.pimpmyskoda.co.uk regarding some upgrades RobClubley did to his Octavia vRS, to my unfortunate surprise, the site was no longer available...

I said to myself that there must be some connection error, but it turned out that it wasn't.

I sent Rob a message asking him if he knew what the problem was with his site. He replied that his web hosting contract ended, and he decided not to renew it, as there was a cost to keep it and that he hadn't been maintaining it since he sold his car (and moved on to Project Rusty).

Since I find his site extremely useful for our community, helping me many times solving the problems I had with my car (and I bet it helped many, many other members), I asked Rob if there is any possibility to share all that knowledge.

Rob then replied that if someone had web hosting space, he could provide the website files.

So, with his permission, I'm writing this post asking the community to lend a helping hand to revive his website.

If someone has some web hosting space, and is willing to host his files, please reply.

Cheers, 

Dragoș

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RobClubley said:

I'll need to do some work on the site, fix some links, pics etc but I can sort out the files for someone to upload elsewhere.

It's only about 300Mb I think.

Rob, I can set you up with admin privilege to a subdomain so you can control your own stuff if you prefer it?

To "Devil69" - "RobClubley" or You can make a Torrent with the whole web site archive and upload to many Torrent Trackers or upload archive file to Free Hosting Servers, there are so many..

Edited by tuningmania

• 3 weeks later...

@RobClubley If you're willing, I'm a developer by trade both web development and NodeJS etc, I will redesign your site, with all content, and host it for you? I loved it personally, it was a great deal of inspiration!

No cost of course. Just point your name servers to my host, and I'll leave you with the control of course.

Edited by sakta
  • Thanks 1

The original domain appears to have been reregistered as soon as it expired. I have registered pimpmyskoda.com, and the original files Rob provided will be up and running within 48 hours,  I'll make up a new design and will be replacing it within a week. See you guys soon! 

Edited by sakta
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 21:46, sakta said:

The original domain appears to have been reregistered as soon as it expired. I have registered pimpmyskoda.com, and the original files Rob provided will be up and running within 48 hours,  I'll make up a new design and will be replacing it within a week. See you guys soon! 

thanks a lot for sorting this. I don't know if you are aware but some of the pictures are still not working. For example removing door card?

Thought I will let you know

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/03/2019 at 16:10, hussair5 said:

thanks a lot for sorting this. I don't know if you are aware but some of the pictures are still not working. For example removing door card?

Thought I will let you know

Thanks, been busy recently but when I plan on changing the design/layout soon hopefully.