Mileage

14 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

You could have pulled over 3 miles earlier and then taken the photo, details count. Seriously though not bad for a sporty diesel.:thumbup:

Just for you :tongueout: …….

dept67889.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

yeah, the engine warning light!

I know the issue and will try and sort it this weekend assuming the connector I got of Ebay is correct.

The EGR valve has a connection to the left of it and the 4 pin connector has two broken wires. Aim to cut the old one off and solder a new one on, so fingers crossed this will fix it! Since they broke the engine shuts down in a lumpy way, my mates high end diagnostic and my £30 fault reader say the same thing and according the websites I have looked at it suggests the engine does not know what the EGR valve is doing.

2 hours ago, MrPomeroy said:

yeah, the engine warning light!

I know the issue and will try and sort it this weekend assuming the connector I got of Ebay is correct.

The EGR valve has a connection to the left of it and the 4 pin connector has two broken wires. Aim to cut the old one off and solder a new one on, so fingers crossed this will fix it! Since they broke the engine shuts down in a lumpy way, my mates high end diagnostic and my £30 fault reader say the same thing and according the websites I have looked at it suggests the engine does not know what the EGR valve is doing.

You mean the ASV of course.

Fixed one of the faults but cannot get the engine management light to stay off.

Most annoying!

Replaced the connector but still have the 2180 code on my OBDII reader. Can reset and clear it but I noticed after a few second the code comes back, though light stays off (until engine is restarted) but the turbo spools up a little more once code comes back. Code refers to throttle actuator position error. Had this replace about 1.5 years ago. The dodgy connector was also soldered by the garage that did it too as I had to cut the joints off...

going back in tomorrow to same place to see if they can find the fault....

IMG_4986.JPG

Had it diagnosed and fixed eventually.

Had wiring breaks, one if which I fixed but apparently there were more in the loom.

Had to also have a new throttle body (last one was 16 months ago for same error) as I was told the fault burnt the last one out.

Wondering now if I should change the car given its age and mileage. If the wiring loom is getting brittle there may be myriad problems of the same type that are hard to diagnose and get at...

IMG_5102.JPG

23 minutes ago, MrPomeroy said:

Had it diagnosed and fixed eventually.

Had wiring breaks, one if which I fixed but apparently there were more in the loom.

Had to also have a new throttle body (last one was 16 months ago for same error) as I was told the fault burnt the last one out.

Wondering now if I should change the car given its age and mileage. If the wiring loom is getting brittle there may be myriad problems of the same type that are hard to diagnose and get at...

IMG_5102.JPG

Damned if you do damned if you don't the age old problem of when to pass the potential problem child on to someone else.:blink:

• 2 weeks later...

got it through and MOT for £300 quid which accounted for tw new tyres, new hand brake cables, front CV gaitor and a front ARB link, so not too bad.

Aim to keep her for another year so should be around 280K miles at that point.

See how electrics hold up, may keep her for another year if I can, really love the car, drivers so well despite the ago.

Will do full service on weekend which will help with the additional upcoming miles.

• Like 2