Badge and Emblem replacement (Guide)

SkodaNZ

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great job!

I've just purchased a MK3 Octavia Estate and the previous owner had removed the rear "SKODA" and "OCTAVIA" badges on the boot lid.

Unfotunately as they aren't already there I don't the exact placement for the new badges.

I don't suppose anyone could measure the distance from the left-hand edge of the bootlid to the letter "S" and also the gap underneath the "SKODA" badge. I can then use these measurments to position my new badges.

Thanks in advance if anyone is willing to help!!

• 2 months later...

This might be a stupid question to be reviving this thread for, but are the front and rear badges the same?

Also, thanks so much for taking the time to make such a detailed explanation. So grateful for that. 

• 10 months later...

Im going to change my Skoda lettering on my vrs...

Could i use t-cut to remove the old residue as i haven't got any alcohol

I don't want to get the old letters off and find that t-cut wont remove the old glue

Thanks !

• 5 months later...

Just got two emblems from Superskoda, the three guide pins are very long, so the badge doesn’t even touch the paint work, did anyone else just simply trim these pins down to suit? 

Edited by Towelie

2 hours ago, Towelie said:

Just got two emblems from Superskoda, the three guide pins are very long, so the badge doesn’t even touch the paint work, did anyone else just simply trim these pins down to suit? 

Ignore this post sorted it 👍

7 minutes ago, langers2k said:

Can you share some detail, just on the off-chance someone else has the same issue :)

yeah can do. 

Basically I  didn’t have to trim the little tabs, just heat everything up so it’s nice and warm, peal back the tape and push into place and the location tabs will click into place. Sounds like they lock into the locating points by the noise it makes. 😊

• Like 1

I’ve just recently bought a MK3 Octavia VRS , I’m looking to change all badges to black however it is proving very hard to locate any that aren’t absolutely ridiculous in price , does anyone know the best place to get the words SKODA & OCTAVIA in black from?

also does anyone know if the front and rear Skoda Badge has the same amount of Pins as I have seen some but don’t want to end up removing the badges to find out that the new ones don’t fit 

Also looking to pull this off, but can only find body color-matched emblems for the front (2-pin) and not rear. Any ideas?

Anyone bought from Kopacek (SuperSkoda) since Brexit? Read some grim reviews online so hesitant to buy all the badging I’ll need

On 25/04/2021 at 22:04, Krissw92 said:

I’ve just recently bought a MK3 Octavia VRS , I’m looking to change all badges to black however it is proving very hard to locate any that aren’t absolutely ridiculous in price , does anyone know the best place to get the words SKODA & OCTAVIA in black from?

also does anyone know if the front and rear Skoda Badge has the same amount of Pins as I have seen some but don’t want to end up removing the badges to find out that the new ones don’t fit 

I’m picking up chrome badging from my local dealer this week, bleaching off the chrome and spraying my own. Will drop a line once done.

Also yeah, front and back badges both three pin (which is why I won’t buy those cheaper eBay color-matched badges).

36 minutes ago, Fozzy1 said:

Any luck on the black only 2 part badge/emblem. Some nob nicked my centre piece yesterday now looking for a replacement. I’m left only with the black ring.

Some sad ******s out there, didn’t even realise people were out to nick Skoda badges.

The only 3-pinned black badges I found outside of SuperSkoda are here fella.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-FIT-FOR-Skoda-Set-90-90mm-Front-Rear-Hood-Trunk-Emblem-Badge-Gloss-Black-/313108443964?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Shipped from China and can’t testify to their quality like, but significantly cheaper than €45 a pop

I know Skoda badges who’d have thought...🤦🏼‍♂️ But for £40 a pop maybe it is worth it.

Mine is this and all that’s left is the black ring. Does that mean OEM are 2 separate parts? Can’t work it out. As surely can’t be the colour matched version available on Superskoda can it?? Thanks

90439197-E5EE-432E-BCC9-6B2582722416.jpeg

1 minute ago, Fozzy1 said:

I know Skoda badges who’d have thought...🤦🏼‍♂️ But for £40 a pop maybe it is worth it.

Mine is this and all that’s left is the black ring. Does that mean OEM are 2 separate parts? Can’t work it out. As surely can’t be the colour matched version available on Superskoda can it?? Thanks

90439197-E5EE-432E-BCC9-6B2582722416.jpeg

I’ve got two OEM badges on order from local dealership and race blue/black magic paint, primer and lacquer to pick up Friday. Gonna make my own that will hopefully look exactly like yours.

So from my research it seems you can split them into three (backplate, centre and ring), do what you’re doing and then and glue them back together. This is apparently what the sellers on SuperSkoda do.

Gonna be soaking all the badges/lettering for a week in bleach to strip the chrome before I start, but I’ll post pics once I make progress.

2 minutes ago, Fozzy1 said:

This is what’s left. I’m confused?

you reckon just get rid of the remaining ring and replace with what you mention Mh96? Cheers in advance 

C738528B-7A61-4A00-983A-CB350797F52A.jpeg

How weird - so there was no backing-piece?? Suppose that removes the need to paint match it haha. 

I reckon you get rid of the ring and replace it with a full badge aye. If my little experiment goes well I’ll shout you like

Halfway down the first page of this thread you can see the three individual pieces I was on about: 

Am still so blagged they’ve prised it off, absolute madness.

It’s worth a gamble for how cheap they are on eBay, but my fear is that the non-OEM could well just be one single moulded piece of plastic - bit of a lottery really unless someone on here has bought one

Totally see what you say. I might just replace for the full black ones as you mention already and save some hassle. Thanks for the advice. Let me know how you get on. In time I might spray up. Especially as at the moment I’d only need to do the centre black logo part 😂

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/04/2021 at 22:25, Fozzy1 said:

Oh ok, so you reckon this is just one of these kinda things. Middle emblem Prised off like the 3 part in the thread you mention?

7D355FE0-1BC0-43EC-9FD1-BB2FADEB30D2.jpeg

I ordered these a couple of months ago and the colour match was shocking. It’s not Race Blue. Shame as the price was spot on.