New Octavia Collection.

There should be £30 worth of fuel, so depending on local prices between 25-33%.

Mats are options on some models, so maybe worth enquiring about it in advance and order some over the phone. I'm considering ordering some rubber ones' for the winter period and keeping the ones' that may or may not be coming with mine for summer/autumn time.

When I picked mine up the display said the remaining range was 7 miles! There’s a petrol station next door to the dealer so my first drive in the car was around 200 yards.

1 hour ago, DC79 said:

When I picked mine up the display said the remaining range was 7 miles! There’s a petrol station next door to the dealer so my first drive in the car was around 200 yards.

I'd be taking that up with the dealer, according to the brochure it should have about £30 worth in the tank. 

20 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

I'd be taking that up with the dealer, according to the brochure it should have about £30 worth in the tank. 

I was going to wait until 1st September 2017 to get the latest (at the time) 67 plate reg, however the salesman rang to say the dealership would knock £500 off the agreed price if I had it registered in August and as this car was a long term keeper I accepted the offer and picked up the car 2 weeks earlier than intended so £30 of fuel in the tank rather seems small change in comparison. Certain that the dealer got a nice bonus at the end of the month for hitting their sales target as a result. We celebrated the early arrival by taking it to Cardiff for the weekend.:party:

I'm going to have an expensive pick up, as I will be putting my old number plate on retention, plus the cost of a full tank of petrol afterwards as they will only put what they're obliged to put in, so that's going to be a another £45-50 on top. :doh:

Be sure to give the car a good look around (including underneath for leaks and in the wheel wells and suspension) for dings, scratches, other transport damage.  Bring his paperwork from the order so he can compare and be sure all the options he ordered are present.  Some people have had cars delivered with various transport pieces still in place, like plastic bump stops in the suspension, that should have been removed.

One issue that I had was the dealer mounted my rear number plate incorrectly.  Australian plates don't fit in the stock mounting points, so most places will drill new holes in the plates to make it fit.  My dealer used self-tapping screws to put new holes in the tailgate.  It was about two years later that I removed the plates to clean and put some pads behind them and found what they had done.  Of course the dealer claimed that is standard practice (despite the fact I can find plenty of cars from their dealership with plates mounted correctly) and that they wouldn't do anything about it.  I know that expecting them to replace the tailgate is a bit much, but an aknowledgement of the problem, apology, maybe a service discount or some free accessories, and a written promise to fix any rust issues that may arise would have been nice.

14 hours ago, tunedude said:

I said to the salesman when I was signing on the dotted line, that the least they could do (seens as I was buying a 30 grand plus car) was to throw a full tank of juice in.

You deluded fool... ;)

• Haha 1

On 19/01/2019 at 13:54, TheWanderer said:

There should be £30 worth of fuel, so depending on local prices between 25-33%.

Mats are options on some models, so maybe worth enquiring about it in advance and order some over the phone. I'm considering ordering some rubber ones' for the winter period and keeping the ones' that may or may not be coming with mine for summer/autumn time.

£30 is more like half a tank!