Cream Leather

Bowdie

Recently looked at changing our Karoq for a Kodiaq so the we can take our 3 young grandkids out together. Long story short, no ISOFIX on the back row which seems pretty stupid! Reason for the post is that in conversation, the sales guy reckoned we could expect about £1000 less trade-in for the Karoq because it has cream leather because no-one wants it. Not sure about the last statement as I know quite a few members have specified cream. They certainly didn't mention any reduction in the trade-in value when we placed the order

1 hour ago, Bowdie said:

Recently looked at changing our Karoq for a Kodiaq so the we can take our 3 young grandkids out together. Long story short, no ISOFIX on the back row which seems pretty stupid! Reason for the post is that in conversation, the sales guy reckoned we could expect about £1000 less trade-in for the Karoq because it has cream leather because no-one wants it. Not sure about the last statement as I know quite a few members have specified cream. They certainly didn't mention any reduction in the trade-in value when we placed the order

You could order isofix when placing your order

I'm not aware of any 7-seater SUV where the small, foldable third row seats are equipped with ISOFIX.

At least on the Kodiaq you can add (as a factory cost option) ISOFIX points on the front passenger seat, for £45.

It just means that your partner, or whoever would normally sit next to the driver, will need to sit in the back. Might not be such a bad thing :D 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Bowdie said:

we could expect about £1000 less trade-in for the Karoq because it has cream leather

Cream leather in a velvet red SUV - also with a high spec, DSG and 4x4?  That's just horrible.    Give it to me already and just save yourself the embarrassment.

Seriously though, I'd tell that sales ****er to FRO.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, silver1011 said:

At least on the Kodiaq you can add (as a factory cost option) ISOFIX points on the front passenger seat, for £45.

Karoq also allows to have a third ISOFIX point on the front passenger seat.

So, in theory 2 adults with 3 young kids should fit without problems for short journeys.

13 hours ago, Bowdie said:

This guys thinking more about his commission on the resale of your Karoq. You can bet your Karoq won't be a £1,000 cheaper than the Karoq next to it on the forcourt. The few I have seen for sale have no difference in price at all. If anything, there would be a premium on the beige leather trim because with certain coloured cars the Karoq looks more of a premium model.

Edited by Livrishind
  • Like 1

I learnt a few years ago, to always reverse a salesman's comments and make it look like a negative

eg  " .... cream leather doesn't sell "  answer with "so why do you still have these black leather ones unsold, doesn't anyone want those either"

eg " although you have asked for petrol, we have delivery miles diesel available"  answer with "only an idiot would have ordered that, probably why you haven't sold it even at the huge discount you are offering"

eg " we have one in grey "  answer with "I want to have pride in my car, after a nice bold colour, not look like a cost cutting accountant specified it"

soon puts Mr Smug guy in his place.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, skoda1982 said:

Having Velvet red should add more value:biggrin: as its £900 

Saw a Kodiaq in Velvet Red in the local showroom and when chatting to my regular salesman I said it looked nice under the lights he commented that outside on a dull day it looked no better than the solid Corrida Red. He went on to explain how expensive it was on a new car and that in his honest opinion a waste of money, so perhaps not going to get more than £200-£300 over a solid colour at trade in.:sweat:

17 hours ago, silver1011 said:

I'm not aware of any 7-seater SUV where the small, foldable third row seats are equipped with ISOFIX.

I stand corrected.

The Audi Q7 is available with 6 ISOFIX-equipped seats.

A little pricier than your average Karoq / Kodiaq though.

23 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Saw a Kodiaq in Velvet Red in the local showroom and when chatting to my regular salesman I said it looked nice under the lights he commented that outside on a dull day it looked no better than the solid Corrida Red. He went on to explain how expensive it was on a new car and that in his honest opinion a waste of money, so perhaps not going to get more than £200-£300 over a solid colour at trade in.:sweat:

Before buying mine, I had a similar conversation at the Skoda dealership. He said something like it depended on the cost of the car and  how long you keep it, the cost of certain more expensive colours is "lost" in the overall cost and depreciation. And if you settle for a colour you are not really keen on, keep the car for years, and having to look at it every day......

3 hours ago, TheRobinK said:

You'll still have a further €16,000 left over to buy something really stupid, like a Harley - or as the PCP Deposit contribution on a Q7 so you can have 6 more Isofix points -  or maybe a vasectomy if you think you need more than 6 Isofix points...   :notme:

Not sure why Audi stopped at 6, may as well have fitted them to the drivers seat too, my 8 year old could then drop me off and pick me up from the pub!