First Citigo!

BrummieBrad

Hi, recently joined the forum, and wanted the opinion of some current Citigo owners on some options I've selected.

I'm looking into purchasing an SE L 75ps 5dr as my first car with the following options: Privacy Glass, Multifunction Trip computer, Variable boot floor, Saftey pack, DAB and Climate Control.

Do you think I should remove any of these options, to save on cost/ can live without or find another way around it i.e. DAB radio phone apps instead? 

Thanks! 

Definitely stick with climate control,we love ours.

We don't need a variable boot floor and manage fine without one. If you want one get it as it's cheaper than fitting it after you buy the car.

I wouldn't have privacy glass but it's a personal choice. 

Get DAB if you're into music and clear radio signals. We didn't get it and now regret it.

Trip computer is a nice touch but not massively important, we didn't get that,although I really find it helpful on the Fabia where we do more miles.

Safety pack? Yes go for it,it's not that expensive and after all it helps make the car safer.

You'll like the heated seats on a cold day which are standard on the SE L.

We got one in crystal blue which suits the car very well in my opinion.

I love my MFD, glad it has it but it’s personal preference really. I’m all for technology so auto lights/wipers and city safe were all things I wanted but “did not need” Citysafe has never been active while I’ve driven the car and I was getting warnings saying Citysafe not active for a while when I’d first received the car. 

17 minutes ago, Jonny118118 said:

I love my MFD, glad it has it but it’s personal preference really. I’m all for technology so auto lights/wipers and city safe were all things I wanted but “did not need” Citysafe has never been active while I’ve driven the car and I was getting warnings saying Citysafe not active for a while when I’d first received the car. 

Wanted the MFD purely because I've been used to a digital speed readout on a mini I've been driving and wanted a digital readout as well as analogue. Didn't realise you get auto lights and wipers with the CitySafe pack which is an added bonus! Same here I'm all for the tech, but let's see how much of it I use, and had to go for top spec! 

Personally I wouldn't bother with the 75ps but get a 60. You will not notice any difference in performance unless you take the revs up really high.

Hi Brad and welcome,

I have SE-L with 75HP engine with extras as climate control air-con, maxi-dot trip computer, floor mats, variable boot floor, spare wheel and privacy glass.I added some important extras after getting a new car and that was mud flaps, centre arm rest, rear wheel housing mudguards (from vw Up!) and carpet in the boot.I would recommend that you could save some cash on engine as 60 and 75 have the same torque of 95 N.m.So there is not much difference between them on the road!Also SE-L come with lower suspension an 15”alloy wheels as standard witch make driving comfort a bit harder.On my experience I love maxi dot and climate control.Variable boot floor is good if you need more load space and it will make nice flat floor with rear seats down.If I could choose again than I will stay with those extras I have but with standard suspension and 14 alloys.If you need more power with almost identical car than is worth to check on VW Up! Tsi versions.

7 minutes ago, BrummieBrad said:

I've put a deposit down on my Citigo today, hoping for mid-March delivery! Was going to go for 60ps but they did the same price for 75ps, got a great deal.

Roll on March!  Thanks for all the advice! 

That a factory order? If so that’s a very good lead time!! 

Just now, Jonny118118 said:

That a factory order? If so that’s a very good lead time!! 

That's the lead time they're looking at at the moment but have said it could be later, in no huge rush but hopefully, all goes to plan! 

1 minute ago, BrummieBrad said:

That's the lead time they're looking at at the moment but have said it could be later, in no huge rush but hopefully, all goes to plan! 

Wow! Skoda’s fast! I ordered an Ibiza mid October and it’s only just been built today. Delivery 1st March for the new 19 plates.

2 minutes ago, Jonny118118 said:

Wow! Skoda’s fast! I ordered an Ibiza mid October and it’s only just been built today. Delivery 1st March for the new 19 plates.

That's one hell of a long wait! I'd be having major itchy feet right now! 

3 hours ago, OndrejMensik said:

Hi Brad and welcome,

I have SE-L with 75HP engine with extras as climate control air-con, maxi-dot trip computer, floor mats, variable boot floor, spare wheel and privacy glass.I added some important extras after getting a new car and that was mud flaps, centre arm rest, rear wheel housing mudguards (from vw Up!) and carpet in the boot.I would recommend that you could save some cash on engine as 60 and 75 have the same torque of 95 N.m.So there is not much difference between them on the road!Also SE-L come with lower suspension an 15”alloy wheels as standard witch make driving comfort a bit harder.On my experience I love maxi dot and climate control.Variable boot floor is good if you need more load space and it will make nice flat floor with rear seats down.If I could choose again than I will stay with those extras I have but with standard suspension and 14 alloys.If you need more power with almost identical car than is worth to check on VW Up! Tsi versions.

Do you have an image of the digital speed readout on the maxi-dot trip computer at all? Thanks!

5 minutes ago, BrummieBrad said:

Do you have an image of the digital speed readout on the maxi-dot trip computer at all? Thanks!

Here’s a picture of mine from a while back: 

F35D2189-9D4C-40B5-95F8-AF0989913895.thumb.jpeg.acf134e536cbed7db12148184279d5d0.jpeg

1 hour ago, oxonboxn said:

Strange coincidence...I ordered an Ibiza early October and specified March delivery...and they said "that SHOULD be possible".

What build week did they specify for you? I was originally given week 3 for build and week 5/6 for delivery. Now it’s turned out to be week 5 built with delivery week 7/8 - pick it up on the new 19 plate week 9. 

8 minutes ago, Jonny118118 said:

Here’s a picture of mine from a while back: 

F35D2189-9D4C-40B5-95F8-AF0989913895.thumb.jpeg.acf134e536cbed7db12148184279d5d0.jpeg

What build week did they specify for you? I was originally given week 3 for build and week 5/6 for delivery. Now it’s turned out to be week 5 built with delivery week 7/8 - pick it up on the new 19 plate week 9. 

Thanks! So glad I've speeced this love having a digital speed readout. Has it got a set of buttons on the right-hand side or do you change it on the actual binnacle button?

2 minutes ago, BrummieBrad said:

Thanks! So glad I've speeced this love having a digital speed readout. Has it got a set of buttons on the right-hand side or do you change it on the actual binnacle button?

It’s on the right stalk. 

Coolant temp

engine temp

speedo

range

miles

consumption 

just to name afew of the different “modes”

Edited by Jonny118118

• 2 months later...

Just an update! Had my Citigo just over a week now and I’m so happy with it apart from a few marks caused by two dealers but hopefully all will be sorted! 

Feels like a much more expensive car with all the options I added still the only thing I think it lacks is a full size touch screen but other than that tiny detail I love the car! Hopefully it’s 3 years of happy driving! 

• Like 1

I've found the privacy glass a worthwhile option.  It keeps the car cooler and so negates using the air con in early/late summer.

The spare wheel is a 'must have' on account of the 'can of sludge' won't repair the puncture if the tyre is split or has sidewall damage.  Cheapest via the dealer at source.

Variable floor is useful if like me, you always have the rear seats down to make the boot bigger - to accommodate a brace of Border terriers.  It's a cheap option from the factory ~£65, ~£120 if buying the parts separate; or you can buy the brackets and screws (~£20) and cut out a piece of plywood with a jigsaw for ~£5. (60 minutes to fit)

Mudflaps at ~£50 for front and rear (via your favourite auction website) save the bodywork from excess dirt.  Fronts are easy (20 mins), rears require removal of the wheel to drill a few holes via a template (60 mins)

Wind deflectors on the front doors allow a partially open window without getting drenched with rainwater. Also good for demisting (~£30 and 15 minutes to fit).

Upgrading the headlamp bulbs are useful if you regularly drive in areas where there are no streetlights (~£30 and 10 mins)

Replacing the interior light unit with one from a Golf is a handsome modification as it has individual reading lights as well as the door activated 'festoon' bulb (~£30 and 45 mins).

Finally, the sill and boot protectors are useful to avoid scratches from the aforementioned terriers @ ~£30/set or sub £10 if you buy the material and cut out yourself (45 mins).  Don't forget to specify 3 or 5 door model.

If you're useful with DIY and have a spare Saturday afternoon you can save a few hundred quid over dealer prices for these sensible mods.

Cheers...from Marown, IoM.

• Like 1