making infotainment screen go blank

Hi I hope someone can help please. There is a setting that makes the admunsen screen go blank after 10 seconds which is great, I find having it on is distracting unless using satnav. Problem is the car doesn't store the setting, so when I next use it I have to go through and reset it... annoying!

Any ideas welcome!

This was the first bugbear I had when I first got my preFL 2016 model.  Setting can't be permanently stored unfortunately. You have to tick the setting on every time you start the car, so I jusst gave up and got used to having the clock on the screen.

15 hours ago, robertb said:

I feel your pain, mine is exactly the same and I think we'll have to wait for a firmware update.

You'llprobably be waiting a very long time for a firmware update - and if you have a MIB1 as it's obsolete Hell will probably freeze over first.

So instead of just clicking the setting each time you start the car, you're going to dim the screen so you can't see it when you actually want to?

Edited by spinifex

On 10/02/2019 at 09:17, PetrolDave said:

You'llprobably be waiting a very long time for a firmware update - and if you have a MIB1 as it's obsolete Hell will probably freeze over first.

I believe Hell froze over a couple of weeks ago

https://news.sky.com/story/hell-freezes-over-as-deadly-polar-vortex-grips-us-11623865

1 hour ago, PetrolDave said:

When the infotainment is "turned off" the screen shows an analogue clock.

Provided you have enabled/ticked the " show clock in standby " option in the screen settings menu of your infotainment unit. On my Amundsen MIB2 unit it is the option at the very bottom of the menu list.

851035850_screensettings.thumb.jpeg.6d8cd03700866252e232a30ab83f96a2.jpeg

Clock on screen is ok, there are 3 options - fairly discrete. As for dimming when the infotainment is on, tbh I generally only listen to one radio station and the pratnav gets only the very occasional glance if I even bother. Time will tell once I have some night driven miles done.

Thanks to all of you for your input, much appreciated.

I also wanted to turn if off to start with, but now find it not too bad, I've just turned the brightness down some. 

It's distracting when there's moose around and a bright screen just out of eyesight. 

- Bret