Kodiaq vRS

YellowAges

11 minutes ago, BGB said:

See I dont know if you are joking or not now, if not sir... well, let me explain:

When they say 17 inch brakes it means that the smallest alloy you get on this car is 17 inches. The brake disc itself is actually 330mm. 

So my 2.0 TSI Kodiaq 340 mm front discs are bigger then :)

• Like 1

For those, who might ask, why on earth is one of the exhausts in snow?, I`m gonna answer:

"It`s in the economy mode, only half of the cylinders are working."

72879623_2019-03-03(2).thumb.png.3d3520c7df35018f257c47c21cbe39dd.png

Edited by linni
typo
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Honestly might just pass on the RS and replace with the newly unveiled SQ5 TDI w/ 340PS and 700Nm

You may have a problem there... if Autocar are to be believed.

"...is launching its second SQ5 with the same 349bhp 3.0-litre turbocharged petrol V6 you’ll find in the current S4 and S5, with a diesel version (for European customers only) to follow."

i.e. the recently unveiled 340PS one is petrol, and a diesel one isn't going to be available in NZ.

Edited by WiggosSideburns

16 minutes ago, WiggosSideburns said:

You may have a problem there... if Autocar are to be believed.

"...is launching its second SQ5 with the same 349bhp 3.0-litre turbocharged petrol V6 you’ll find in the current S4 and S5, with a diesel version (for European customers only) to follow."

i.e. the recently unveiled 340PS one is petrol, and a diesel one isn't going to be available in NZ.

The SQ5 TDI 255kW which is 340hp?? The whole HP/BHP/PS thing is confusing to me. What Autocar UK is saying is rubbish, as I know that Audi Australia and the distributor for Audi in NZ are working to bring the SQ5 TDI over to antipodean shores.

Edited by ZacDaMan72

6 minutes ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

The SQ5 TDI 255kW which is 340hp??

Where are you getting that from? Every article I've seen concerning the new SQ5 says that it is only available with a petrol engine to start with.

PS = metric horsepower. 1PS = 0.986hp. (edit: and bhp = hp... it's just how different people say/write it).

4 minutes ago, WiggosSideburns said:

Where are you getting that from? Every article I've seen concerning the new SQ5 says that it is only available with a petrol engine to start with.

PS = metric horsepower. 1PS = 0.986hp. (edit: and bhp = hp... it's just how different people say/write it).

The SQ5 launched ages ago with the S4's 3.0 TFSI, but the new SQ5 TDI just got revealed the other day. 

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/audi-sq5-tdi-2020-confirmed-for-australia-73214

https://www.motor1.com/news/306267/2019-audi-sq5-tdi-revealed/

4 minutes ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

The SQ5 launched ages ago with the S4's 3.0 TFSI

Not in Europe - only ever available as a TDi over here.

Conversely, the new SQ5 is petrol only at launch, with a TDi to come later... whether that's the same TDi the articles you posted are referring to is another matter, but I would guess probably. Anyway, doesn't really matter - I'm not about to spend £52k + options on one so I'm not all that bothered!

(edit - Mk1 TSi never available in UK at least, don't know about the rest of Europe)

@WiggosSideburns

As far as VW Group are a client of Haymarket Media Group and Autocar / What Car etc and Lord Michael Hesiltine might or might not be a share holder of VW Group, 

they often print tripe.

The VW Board and senior management can change their minds as often as arrest warrants are issued on VW Employees and past employees.

There are plants around the world including China that are going to keep churning out TDI's and TSI's.

The thing with WLTP / The World Wide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test is it is not being accepted World Wide as meaning very much.

VW Group will flog diesels anyplace they can while they keep producing them.

Edited by Skoffski

SQ 5 will get 350 PS petrol and 340 PS diesel engine with electric turbo.

But SQ 5 in not an option.

Prices for diesel will start from 67 750 euros and you will get basically nothing for this. Even climate control has only one zone.

So if you want some whistles the price will go easily over 75 000 euros.

New Zealand is not in the Eurozone or the EU or even Europe.  Well we know that obviously.

the UK is not in the Eurozone and might not be in the EU but is in Europe.   So things come out in the wash come time,  comes out exhausts as well regardless of what a WLTP Certificate might say with ICE vehicles.

5 minutes ago, WiggosSideburns said:

Not in Europe - only ever available as a TDi over here.

Conversely, the new SQ5 is petrol only at launch, with a TDi to come later... whether that's the same TDi the articles you posted are referring to is another matter, but I would guess probably. Anyway, doesn't really matter - I'm not about to spend £52k + options on one so I'm not all that bothered!

(edit - Mk1 TSi never available in UK at least, don't know about the rest of Europe)

You're confused between the B8 SQ5 and B9. I've only been talking about the B9. We only got the B8 SQ5 TDI here too, before the TFSI grey imports came. 

5 minutes ago, linni said:

SQ 5 will get 350 PS petrol and 340 PS diesel engine with electric turbo.

But SQ 5 in not an option.

Prices for diesel will start from 67 750 euros and you will get basically nothing for this. Even climate control has only one zone.

So if you want some whistles the price will go easily over 75 000 euros.

Base price for you is similar to NZ, but we get most things standard like 3 zone climate, MMI Navigation Plus + Virtual Cockpit, full electric memory nappa leather seats, air suspension, full driver assist etc. 

I would probably just do leasing on it instead of purchasing as I've done with the Skoda and VW though. 

3 minutes ago, linni said:

maybe next time Audi.

For now RS and BSR remap from Sweden (292 PS, 591 Nm) will be enough.

Standard equipment in Europe for Audi's seem to be **** poor - I looked at the Audi DE website and you have to pay for auto hold on most of their line up! What a joke!!!

Let me know how the tune goes. Im driving it this week, so will be interesting to see how you find the tune. 

2 minutes ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Let me know how the tune goes. Im driving it this week, so will be interesting to see how you find the tune. 

I will receive the car on Friday.

Will give a little run in first. Will remap somewhere in June. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

You're confused between the B8 SQ5 and B9. I've only been talking about the B9. We only got the B8 SQ5 TDI here too, before the TFSI grey imports came.

Although the A4 and Q5 is based on the "same" platform they do not share the production code. The Q5 is called 8R (old) and FY (new) :)

3 minutes ago, BGB said:

Although the A4 and Q5 is based on the "same" platform they do not share the production code. The Q5 is called 8R (old) and FY (new) :)

Thought internerally the ‘B8’ Q5 is the 8R and the ‘B9’ is 80A? I personally just found it easier to reference B8 and B9 as it’s more recognisable. 

2 hours ago, linni said:

For those, who might ask, why on earth is one of the exhausts in snow?, I`m gonna answer:

"It`s in the economy mode, only half of the cylinders are working."

72879623_2019-03-03(2).thumb.png.3d3520c7df35018f257c47c21cbe39dd.png

You wouldn't think it would take too much effort or extra cost to route one tailpipe over to the other side of the car and keep the 'one-sided exhaust haters' happy :D

No doubt Skoda hoped nobody would notice, or care.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, linni said:

Another possibilty is to install electric pipe heating and smoke emulator.

First we had seat heating, then steering wheel heating, now arm rest heating...in the future, heated fake exhausts :D

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I took the new Kodiaq RS (black badge) for a test drive yesterday to make my review. Had it for only 3 hours, but it was so good. Here's my POV video driving.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1