Kodiaq vRS

YellowAges

Yeaaa...Ireland isn't the worst then, even though we usually think we are.  Starting price of €62,300 for the 5 Seater VRS and €63,300 for the 7 seater.  

For €75,000 - do the Norway ones get two working exhaust pipes..?   :tongueout:

This was my test car, I must be honest. I was never a fan of black paint, but this all black looks so good. And stealth on road. I am not a fan of Kodiaq rear lights and that RS red reflector acros. But besides that car looks so dope!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Croat said:

This was my test car, I must be honest. I was never a fan of black paint, but this all black looks so good. And stealth on road. I am not a fan of Kodiaq rear lights and that RS red reflector acros. But besides that car looks so dope!

I was initially going to order mine in black but (in my opinion) it's a big old beast and needs something to break the uniformity up.  A chrome grill would have helped but in the end I opted for the Velvet Red paintwork.

• 2 weeks later...

So out of curiosity (& since the dealer asked if I wanted to) I'm in the middle of 24 hours with an RS.  Coming from a TSI Sportline observations so far :

- Progressive Steering : I'm a fan... I'm presuming the RS specific tuning helps in this regard but it is one thing I miss on the Kodiaq from the Octavia RS.

- DCC : Much better ride in Sport than in the Sportline.  More composed & def. not as jiggly (that's the technical term for it I am sure).  Not sure if it's down to more weight over the nose, RS specific tuning or the tyres (Pirelli Scorpion on the RS/Conti's on my Sportline) or in fact a combination of all 3?

- DSG Sport Mode :  Again, perhaps a diesel vs. petrol argument but in the RS it's actually usable just driving around.  I guess lower revs & much more torque help this.

- Sound Enhancer :  Bit of a laugh.  Perhaps a bit tiring over time but since our other car is a V8 XC90 with a custom exhaust I don't mind a bit of noise.

- Virtual Dash : I do like it.  Didn't expect to think that much of it but I like the way the radar cruise set speed is shown.  Little things like that.

- 500NM : Much like.

Current NZ Prices 

Sportline TSI : NZ$ 64,490

Sportline TDI : NZ$ 67,490

RS TDI : NZ$ 71,990

The only options avail on the RS are the panoramic roof & tow bar.  They have thrown everything else at them as standard.

Maybe they're not selling but the Biguan BiTDi R-Line is currently on sale in NZ for NZ$ 69,990 (normally NZ$ 76,990).

Now if only they'd give us the 162KW Sportline & a 206KW RS...

Got to try the beast today although this is a show room car. Pretty impressed and the torque is very fun when the lights turn green. The sound generator is a bit silly but I imagined it being a V6 TDI :tongueout:

And yes, the only correct color for the RS:

973643849_Bilde17_04.2019091445.thumb.jpg.74da85dbae94141202584c943d90d79d.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

'Asking prices' of Ex Demonstrators in the UK under £35,000 and not being snapped up.

Brand New being advertised at under £39,000.

So yet another model with a ridiculous RRP from Skoda UK. 

Edited by Skoffski
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, linni said:

New wheels for MY20? And new paintwork?

I just ordered a cookie for my RS, will arrive next week:

https://en.bsr.se/tuning-kits/t/4225/skoda-kodiaq-20bitdi-240hp-2017-2019-cuaa

Just Sportline Vega rim swap, black diamond cut refinish. Still waiting to see what the new 'Ignite' rims look like

29 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

'Asking prices' of Ex Demonstrators in the UK under £35,000 and not being snapped up.

Yup, I hear the RS in NZ isn't selling at their expected numbers. In NZ our RS is a fair amount cheaper spec-for-spec (NZ £36,300 v UK £49,390), but it's still not enough.

6 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Ordered my MY20 RS yesterday. Will look like this, pretty excited!

ED7A6DAB-5F42-4920-977E-CAAAEBF6A8A4.jpeg

1 hour ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Just Sportline Vega rim swap, black diamond cut refinish. Still waiting to see what the new 'Ignite' rims look like.

As nice as those alloys are, due to the vRS already looking very similar to the regular SportLine, putting the same wheels on it makes the vRS even less compelling for me.

The SportLine and vRS are already too similar. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

As nice as those alloys are, due to the vRS already looking very similar to the regular SportLine, putting the same wheels on it makes the vRS even less compelling for me.

That's very fair. Just don't like the Xtreme alloys. Hope the new ones look good as I'll get them to swap the rims.

• Like 2

The vRS needs 21 inch with a low ET to get that wide stance. 

My Velvet Red Sportline will get 9x21 ET30 and maybe a 50-60mm drop. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, silver1011 said:

The poster who put that pic up is in New Zealand - are those wheels specific to that country or do all Kodiaqs come with the same "core" bits?

6 hours ago, Skoffski said:

Point taken but does anyone pay RRP?

I got my VRS through a broker here for just over £35k and that was with velvet red paint, heated windscreen and heated steering wheel as options.......I've saved the best part of 20% on showroom price.

I bought my first car through Jamjar (remember them?!) and have used either AutoeBid, DriveTheDeal or CarWow ever since - in this day and age you'd have to be mad to pay sticker price......but I guess millions do?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SkodaVRS1963 said:

The poster who put that pic up is in New Zealand - are those wheels specific to that country or do all Kodiaqs come with the same "core" bits?

No, was a quick photoshop. As far as I’m aware the factory only builds the RS with the Xtremes

On 05/05/2019 at 21:34, ZacDaMan72 said:

That's very fair. Just don't like the Xtreme alloys. Hope the new ones look good as I'll get them to swap the rims.

If you like the Sportline wheels I'll swap... 

3 hours ago, vRSNZ said:

If you like the Sportline wheels I'll swap... 

The dealer is swapping the Xtreme for Vegas then redoing the diamond cut finish to make it black on the inside instead of the anthracite. What I was saying is that if the Ignite rims look good I'll get them to change the order for those rims.

• 10 months later...
On 10/04/2019 at 17:20, linni said:

I disabled Sound enhacer with VCDS.

Actually, you can tune it. Factory default  volume level is 100% and you can fiddle it anywhere your ears like it.

can only decrease volume, or is it possible to amplify it too ? wanting the exhaust actuator louder, but not the in-cabin speaker noise 

I haven`t tried to increase the volume.

To get it louder, switch to Sports mode.

But speakers? I have no fake sound from speakers and probably you don not have it too.You don`t need to send some fake signals to speakers if you have such a booster under the bumper.

Just now, linni said:

I haven`t tried to increase the volume.

To get it louder, switch to Sports mode.

But speakers? I have no fake sound from speakers and probably you don not have it too.You don`t need to send some fake signals to speakers if you have such a booster under the bumper.

i'd like it louder than Sports mode allows  :)