Any high mileage TSI engines out there ??

Pipes

Apparently is always an issue.

Get them to show you what they are looking at, and to print that off, then you can always check and double check.

The 7 Speed Twin Dry Clutch DSG are DQ200's, they are fitted to vehicles with a max of 250Nm.

Those that work 5 days or 6 a week in a Main Dealership should have all the answers at their finger tips or on the end of a phone.

How come they can work so long with a brand and not know all about them, maybe because front of house requires no particular qualifications or any interest in cars / engines etc.

Next week they might be selling Washing Machines or working in Call Centres or Fast Food Outlets.

• 5 years later...

106k on 1.5 TSI Octavia. Engine is noisier than usual and feels slightly lumpy in 3rd and 4th gear (might just be coil pack). Car isn’t nice any longer for long hours of work - it’s a taxi. I think I’ll change it to a Toyota. 

my recent 2018 Superb3 Estate purchase is a 126,000 mile 1.4TSi ACT DSG example which in my first month or so of ownership has been flawless (apart from a minor window issues fixed with WD40 and the goold old SOS error at random intervals).

Yes I'm aware of  all the horror stories around the DQ200 but all I can say is I'm very happy with how mines behaving. Very smooth and unnoticeable gear changes.

As for the engine again it suits me. Some people say you need to thrash them around town but not something I've noticed.

And if you want to take fuel consumption as an indicator  then my personal long term average (I reset when I bought) is about 5 mpg better than when I collected her.

image.png.acbc5858f3fffdb64cb148607bea4123.png

Majority of that has been using ACC and yes I am the sort of person that also uses ACC in 30 mph zones dricving locally ;o)

Actually the last little run (mostly M6 ) I changed the ACC into Eco Mode, quite happy with that bump

image.png.f21e77d4c375cc944fdfc7be08203369.png