VW dieselgate is in no way related to any diesel charges

cheezemonkhai

So just spoken to VW finance and been told that there is absolutely no link between VW emissions cheating and any devaluation in VW diesel or any NOx diesel emissions charges.

Getting this position confirmed in writing, but what a load of carp.

Anyone else been told this and has anyone had any success in legal action against either VW/Skoda finance or the dealership?

I admit my case is a little bit weird due to the emissions standards documents I was shown during the sales process and follow up letters I have from Skoda CS/Finance.

For me, that excuse has sealed the deal for me never buying anything VW group again. If that’s how they treat repeat customers, combined with falling quality, higher prices and poor warranty for common faults, then they deserve everything they get.

Am I being unreasonable in expecting the to slightly give two, without legal action? Thoughts welcome.

• Confused 1

I don’t actually expect a large company to say anything else, but the response combined with everything else speaks volumes.

Just like all those not recalls and definitely not a design flaw problems that the cars don’t have.

Out of interest, does anyone know the very last day a euro5 car could be sold?

I can still remember Watchdog programs on the TV with complaints about Ford Mondeos that would constantly pull left. Ford didn't even bother to deny the problem just declared it a 'feature' of the cars.

Bless the internet: 22yr ago - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/doubts-raised-over-mondeo-steering-1275384.html

1 hour ago, Aspman said:

I can still remember Watchdog programs on the TV with complaints about Ford Mondeos that would constantly pull left. Ford didn't even bother to deny the problem just declared it a 'feature' of the cars.

Bless the internet: 22yr ago - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/doubts-raised-over-mondeo-steering-1275384.html

My dad got a brand new, first gen mondeo that did that... never knew it was a common fault, he got rid of it because of it though.. well that and i was travel sick, for the first time in my 12yrs to that point on earth, in the back and the smell never quite left...

Edit: wait, no, his pulled randomly while driving... not necessarily during braking..

Sister got a brand new accent in 2004 that also did that... 4trips to the dealer and she binned it for a corolla...

Edit: (the constant pulling, not during braking)

Edited by mac11irl

No employee is going to put something in writing having the potential to expose ‘the boss’ to legal action of any sort.

To expect one to, is just as unreasonable/unrealistic.

How public perception is ‘managed’ , ultimately determines the company’s prospects.

I didn’t ask for it in writing, I was having a conversation and they decided they could put it in writing that they were in no way liable.

it was a conversation around the sale of a vehicle that was EU5 as EU6.

the comment “of in no way connected to diesel-gate” as their only point after I asked them what they would do was what was disgusting. 

This is basically the stick your fingers in your ears attitude to customer service, so I will vote with my wallet for future cars.

VW Group were caught 'Selling' & First Registering Euro 5 Emissions vehicles after they legally could, & they punted vehicles they deny had Defeat Devices after they were exposed and they were not to Sell or First Register them,

and also Euro 6 that they knew had 'irregular / implausible C02 g/km figures and that were not to be sold or First Registered until investigated.

They did suspend deliveries, and do buy backs etc.  but the press were confusing matters, but if you search threads here from late 2015 and early 2016 you will find links to 

articles, if they still exist.

'Derogation' Rules and applications were not really mentioned in 2015/16 but by 2017/18/19 have been so useful for manufacturers flogging 'end of line' and not WLTP approved vehicles in the EU / Europe.

Screenshot 2019-02-26 at 10.40.24.png

Screenshot 2019-02-26 at 10.40.51.png

Edited by Skoffski

Owners that had a Euro 5 TDI in for the Voluntary Service Action / Fix might well have had difficulty selling privately, 

but have VW Group TDI's actually been devalued when trading in or selling because of the Emissions Scandal that has affected sales / leasing of many other manufacturers diesel engine cars.

?

Anyone know how it is going in the UK with 'Class Actions' against VW, 

& who is getting hassle from the Solicitors firms that seem to think they can pressure people that signed up to their little Class Action schemes or scams.

As I drive past the Arnold Clark Volvo showroom in Inverness (daily) I am struck by the fact that they always seem to have at least a couple of Yeti's on their forecourt. They also seem to turn them over reasonably quickly.

By contrast the Arnold Clark Skoda dealership a few hundred yards along has had no 2nd hand Yeti's for a very long time.

Does this suggest that Yeti owners are jumping ship to other franchises? I wonder. Anyone else noticed anything like this?

Bill :)

4 hours ago, Skoffski said:

It just means people change cars and with Arnold Clark being the biggest independent car dealership group there can be any brand in any forecourt and there is a bum for every seat.

Maybe up there, but very few South of Birmingham. 

Maybe because their reputation proceeds them? 

• Confused 1

How many there are south of Birmingham has nothing to do with how big the Motor Group is or their turnover and value.

ie The size of the Group. They have names above dealerships & motor groups they own that are not saying 'Arnold Clark'.

Birmingham is rather far south in the UK, even in England.

Questions always need asked on who gives out awards, and are the recipients actually worthy.

Arnold Clark named Dealer Group of the Year at AM Awards 2019.mhtml

Arnold Clark wins two 2017 AM Awards.mhtml

EDIT.

No idea now where in Europes Biggest Independents.

Cars sold, Dealerships owned, so cars sold new and used and profits made might be the big thing. 

Screenshot 2019-02-27 at 13.48.32.png

Edited by Skoffski
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe more scandal to break with VW Group over 1.5 TSI engines and engine management they introduced to get through WLTP / RDE.

Was it to pass tests and not to have vehicles that perform as owners / drivers need to in the real world.

Safely and reliably.

From a 1.5TSI thread on this forum, posted today.

Screenshot 2019-03-22 at 1.11.56 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-03-22 at 1.12.18 PM.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...