Superb mk 2 alloy centre caps

Hi there 

looking to replace alloy centre caps on 2015 superb combi

the present ones have become corroded and look quite shabby 

any advice or help on where to buy cheap would be great thanks 

How are the old ones taken off a Superb alloy?

I've heard some say to take off the wheel and knock them out from behind. I've also heard that you can put a screw into the centre of the old cap and then pull them out using pliers/vice grips?

3 hours ago, silver1011 said:

Non-genuine but just as good...

Maybe even better then!  I swear every Skoda I see that is 3+ years old seems to have delaminating  centre caps. This is one case where aftermarket could make sense.

12 hours ago, silver1011 said:

These look good. 

I've got a m2 Superb Elegance on standard 18" rims. Just double checking, I think the 56mm diameter fits these... Am I correct? 

Cheers 

Nick 

22 minutes ago, drefaldwyn said:

I prised mine off quite easily using a small screwdriver.

drefaldwyn.

I wouldn't trust myself to not chip the laquer or paint.

Mine were quite a tight fit when I had the wheels off and pushed them off from the back.

On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 20:06, silver1011 said:

I have tried four times to purchase them but when I get to confirm and pay the box just flickers and then nothing.

Don't know if anyone else has ordered them. I was using PayPal, my usual way if I buy anything online. I have sent an email to the guy. He is from Glasgow.

Edited by Danny 57

12 hours ago, silver1011 said:

There are plenty of other sellers, I filtered on the UK.

If you're happy to wait a week or two you can get the same items from China for less than a fiver, for four, delivered.

Thank you for that Silver1011. Ironically I had one last try late last night on my Ipad and it went trough.

• Like 1

Quick word of warning.

This type of cheap replacements look fine and seem to last OK, but some do not grip as firmly as the originals and can fall out. I lost 2 of the first set I bought within a couple of days of fitting them.

I wrapped a bit of double sided tape round their replacements, and they have lasted 10 months so far

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BJM said:

Quick word of warning.

This type of cheap replacements look fine and seem to last OK, but some do not grip as firmly as the originals and can fall out. I lost 2 of the first set I bought within a couple of days of fitting them.

I wrapped a bit of double sided tape round their replacements, and they have lasted 10 months so far

Thank you for the heads up on that.:thumbup:

Thanks to all

went to eBay site and sourced spurious ones that seem to have good feedback from seller

to be delivered by the end of the month

ill let you know when they arrive

thanks for all the advice

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

just to update you

purchased spurious caps from eBay, a guy in Sofia Bulgaria , arrived this morning 

they looked fine fine maybe a little scratched but when I tried to fit them they are marginally large and won’t fit, and if forced y

the chrome is going to pop off!!

back to the drawing board!!

thanks 

99FEF372-4D14-4BDC-948A-22375C6B2238.jpeg

BB5D652B-A0A0-4C95-9AA6-B2C89A7BE638.jpeg

• Sad 2

So I contacted seller and to be fair to him  he has offered a full refund if I return caps or a half refund and keep caps on the basis the cost of return may exceed the value of the products 

so I’m still on the lookout, the product number is  5 JA 601 151 , if anyone can help 

thanks in advance 

The ebay ones are hit and miss, I even bought a set from the wheel refurbers and they fell out too. I did strike it lucky with an ebay purchase but the seller is not trading at the moment. Ebay search genuine skoda centre caps, if they are not genuine report them as fake and you should get your money back....there are some for £4.99 for 4 from China, where mine came from,it seems that it is usual chinese practice is for OEM manufacturers to make a few on the side....

Roy

• 2 weeks later...

I bought and just fitted the ones that @silver1011 posted a link to above.  (i.e.  4X SKODA ALLOY WHEEL CENTRE CAPS BLACK/CHROME 56mm )

So - I used the "self drilling screw and pull out with a pliers" approach and that worked great. Simples! Yes, it wrecks the old caps but hell - that's why they are being replaced.

I can confirm that they fit just fine. Nice and snug. They seem pretty much the same as the originals. They match the design, unlike the ones that @Shero1969 tried out.

NOTE: when I took them out of their bags, I was disappointed - they appeared scratched and badly finished. Then I looked more closely and they are actually supplied with a plastic protective film which you need to peel off. They are damn pretty underneath!

• Like 1

On 13/03/2019 at 21:40, Shero1969 said:

So I contacted seller and to be fair to him  he has offered a full refund if I return caps or a half refund and keep caps on the basis the cost of return may exceed the value of the products 

so I’m still on the lookout, the product number is  5 JA 601 151 , if anyone can help 

thanks in advance 

Never mind "being fair to him" remind him of the fact that as they are not fit for purpose it is up to him to fu c the return postage and you are not so poor that you need the refund and would just as soon give them "appropriate " feedback.

• Like 1