Comfort flash question (OBD-11 vs VCDS)

Today, playing with OBD-11, I went to change the comfort flash from 3 to 5 as per the VCDS thread, but I was presented with a screen that said the values were 0-3. Not wanting to break anything by trying to put 5 in, I left it alone.

Is OBD-11 wrong and will it take 5? Or is the VCDS thread wrong which states "2-5"?

I did enable corning fogs and when I tested them, I noticed that my fogs came on when reversing. I thought I'd broken something, but aparently, that's normal and its always done it!! I've never noticed before...  :)

Nick

15 minutes ago, NikTheGeek said:

Is OBD-11 wrong and will it take 5? Or is the VCDS thread wrong which states "2-5"?

VCDS can certainly change it from 2 - 5

37 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

What do you mean when you say about a "Soft Reset" of the lights please?

In the CAR menu on the infotainment, there is an option to reset each section. That’s what I believe to be a soft reset anyway. It’s what I did when doing any light adaptations. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can confirm you can program up to 5 flashes, but I find 5 to be too many, so I've coded mine to 4.

99% of the time, they work with 4 flashes, but occasionally, they revert to the factory 3 flashes all on their own.

A shutdown/restart of the car usually resets it back to my programmed 4 flashes though.
No idea how/why this occurs, but it's so infrequent I don't worry about it any more.

Stupid question on the cornering lights/reverse lights subject.

My SE Sport had them already configured, but my SE Tech doesn't. 

Changed the settings in OBD11, but no dice. Was it hardware specific, or do I just need to reset my lights in the infotainment (I have pauper spec halogens) :( 

10 hours ago, gRoberts said:

Stupid question on the cornering lights/reverse lights subject.

My SE Sport had them already configured, but my SE Tech doesn't. 

Changed the settings in OBD11, but no dice. Was it hardware specific, or do I just need to reset my lights in the infotainment (I have pauper spec halogens) :( 

Scrap that, I went back in and noticed the Static AFS Settings weren't setup. Now they're working properly.