Boot Mat / Liner

granty09

3 minutes ago, don_kiddik said:

I blagged mine from the dealer, along with mud flaps, rubber mats, rear bumper protector, sill guards and full tank of petrol !

I think it's probably a bit too late to try that one

• Like 1

You need to be careful if you buy a fitted one.  The length of the boot from lip to seat back is different with Varioflex seats compared with normal back seats.  I think the boot floor is longer with the Varioflex.  Whether you have a spare wheel is also a consideration.  I bought a liner from Roofbox but it didn't fit despite asking them which was the right type before purchase.  They were very good about taking it back an refunding the money.

In the end, I bought a cheaper boot mat from Halfords which fits very well.  

This is the one that I bought https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-accessories/car-mats-boot-liners/mottez-boot-mat-medium--75x100cm

I have an SEL with a space saver spare wheel.

5 minutes ago, Teds said:

You need to be careful if you buy a fitted one.  The length of the boot from lip to seat back is different with Varioflex seats compared with normal back seats.  I think the boot floor is longer with the Varioflex.  Whether you have a spare wheel is also a consideration.  I bought a liner from Roofbox but it didn't fit despite asking them which was the right type before purchase.  They were very good about taking it back an refunding the money.

In the end, I bought a cheaper boot mat from Halfords which fits very well.  

This is the one that I bought https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-accessories/car-mats-boot-liners/mottez-boot-mat-medium--75x100cm

I have an SEL with a space saver spare wheel.

Thanks for this info

• 1 month later...

I bought  a  custom Skoda boot liner for my previous Octavia estate. A poor plastic product that split in places and  the edges flopped and it generally looked tatty. Not cheap either.

For the Karoq due to the uncertainty of a good fit with Varioflex seats I bought a length of ribbed rubber sheet from Screwfix. It took a while to fit  using cardboard as a template,  but I am very pleased with it.  Its reversible so can  have ribbed or plain surface uppermost.

It cost half of the Skoda one and enough left over to make another if needed but I doubt if that will ever be necessary

I can totally recommend https://www.hatchbag.co.uk/ 

Good product fits well - will outlast the car and the dog I think - I have the raised boot floor version as I have a spare wheel - and I also fitted the boot tray (skoda approved one) - works really really well and can be 'split down' when the seats are folded etc. Just wish they had official seat covers now.

Thanks all, I decided on the Carbox Boot Liner and the fit is to the mm, absolutely great! I've given the Mrs a project over the next few weeks to make me a cover to go along the back of the back seats, she's agreed :laugh:Middle seat leather arm rest very vulnerable from potentially sharp objects in the boot!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, granty09 said:

:laugh:Middle seat leather arm rest very vulnerable from potentially sharp objects in the boot!

Indeed, poor design that middle seat / arm-rest business..........

1 minute ago, Berisford said:

Indeed, poor design that middle seat / arm-rest business..........

Love the car, its great but I've found a couple of personal annoyances! Middle seat / arm rest being the main. As mentioned earlier, vulnerable from sharp objects in the back, and the middle seat belt clickers (don't know the technical term) when folding the seats up dig into the leather leaving big indentations, even when pulled out they manage to find themselves back in resting on the leather. The middle seat bungee cord is also too short to reach the driver seat headrest from my driving position. 

On 11/04/2019 at 19:25, granty09 said:

Love the car, its great but I've found a couple of personal annoyances! Middle seat / arm rest being the main. As mentioned earlier, vulnerable from sharp objects in the back, and the middle seat belt clickers (don't know the technical term) when folding the seats up dig into the leather leaving big indentations, even when pulled out they manage to find themselves back in resting on the leather. The middle seat bungee cord is also too short to reach the driver seat headrest from my driving position. 

Have to agree with you on the bungee cords.  Poor design in my opinion.

This is my solution . Cheap chrome hooks stored under seat on magnets when not in use.

20190407_194741.jpg

20190407_195058.jpg

11 minutes ago, clivecoo said:

Have to agree with you on the bungee cords.  Poor design in my opinion.

This is my solution . Cheap chrome hooks stored under seat on magnets when not in use.

20190407_194741.jpg

20190407_195058.jpg

That's a great idea! I think I'll be doing that tomorrow :thumbup: