New mats, but only need drivers one.

Does anyone know a supplier who will sell just the drivers floor mat?  My heel has gone through mine and I dont want to buy another whole set.  I've emailed a couple of places but they only have sets.   I would like a fitted one for my Octavia that attaches to the pegs in the floor.

I 'd be happy with a carpet one but rubber would probably last better.

• Like 1

Search for

"carsio tailored black carpet car mats for skoda octavia 2013 onwards - 4 piece set with clips" 

On Amazon I bought them as a winter set, £10.95 and fit perfect.

Means the proper ones get a good clean and put away till summer.

52 minutes ago, cheezemonkhai said:

Are you kidding . Head brick wall.

i had to buy a set as dealer and other places were saying you couldn’t buy just one.

most frustrating if the case that you can. Saying that, it was only about 35 for the set of 4

Always go to TPS for parts, much more flexible than dealers as all they do is parts and they are usually a few ££ less. Alternatively BRISKODA parts are good too ;)

I have a lease car thus I need to keep the car in fairly good condition for when the lease is up.

When I take my dog out for a walk, the chalk stone from the car park where I tend to walk her makes a mess of the floor mats so I've bought a cheap set from eBay to use now and throw them away when the lease is up and I refit the original mats.

The eBay mats were only £20.89 for all four. Unbelievable I know, but I'd say the eBay mats are actually better quality than the Skoda originals. eBay floor mats

16 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Always go to TPS for parts, much more flexible than dealers as all they do is parts and they are usually a few ££ less. Alternatively BRISKODA parts are good too ;)

TPS is owned by VW and all retail prices are the same as VW dealers so you must have been given a discount at the time.TPS was set up as a trade operation and all the stock is owned by VW

10 minutes ago, Leon66 said:

TPS is owned by VW and all retail prices are the same as VW dealers so you must have been given a discount at the time.TPS was set up as a trade operation and all the stock is owned by VW

My local TPS is always cheaper than the VW dealer when I ring up. Either that TPS likes me or the VW dealer is marking stock up.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Basillboy said:

Does anyone know a supplier who will sell just the drivers floor mat?  My heel has gone through mine and I dont want to buy another whole set.  I've emailed a couple of places but they only have sets.   I would like a fitted one for my Octavia that attaches to the pegs in the floor.

I 'd be happy with a carpet one but rubber would probably last better.

This can be ordered from the skoda parts system section 8 carpet mat section if a dealer can be bothered full set is ordered via the accessories system. 

25 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

My local TPS is always cheaper than the VW dealer when I ring up. Either that TPS likes me or the VW dealer is marking stock up.

All of the vw network including skoda seat and audi work to one pricing policy and any common parts eg oil filters carry the same part number and the same price.The only price difference is if a dealer gives a discount to the customer 

1 hour ago, Leon66 said:

Parts and accessories carry a 2 year warranty 

That will be an interesting "discussion":

"I bought this mat from you 12 months ago - here's the receipt - and as it's worn through I'd like a free replacement".

I can't see that ending with the customer getting a replacement mat without paying for it, there is bound to be some reason excuse such as "it's a wear & tear item", or "you've been wearing builders boots" or ...

Me a cynic? No, just old so I've seen & heard most of the excuses several times over B)

Edited by PetrolDave
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

That will be an interesting "discussion":

"I bought this mat from you 12 months ago - here's the receipt - and as it's worn through I'd like a free replacement".

I can't see that ending with the customer getting a replacement mat without paying for it, there is bound to be some reason excuse such as "it's a wear & tear item", or "you've been wearing builders boots" or ...

Me a cynic? No, just old so I've seen & heard most of the excuses several times over B)

To be fair to my local Vauxhall dealer I did that with a set of insignia mats and they swapped without question.

These days fitted mats tend not to have any heal reinforcement which is crazy. 

As others have said, VRS mats are definately available seperately from the dealers