Problem Rear view camera display

Helooo

I have a little problem and i didn't find a solution!if someone can help me..i would appreciate a lot..

Two months ago i installed a rear view camera on my octavia III  ..everthing was ok..but the problem is the black display on the little white car?i can't see very good due to this black font!!!

I will attach pictures to understand the problem(I pic. is mine)

I saw a lot videos on youtube with instlled cameras and all with incolor font...

I tried to find from coding in VCDS..in menu navigation..but nothing...to be from old version of firmwre navi???

If someone have an ideea or the solution i will thank him forever!!

20190326_215810.jpg

20190326_220252.jpg

Yeah the firmware needs updating.

Quote from Trust2k below on this issue:

"The difference you see in the image at the old software version of the rear base of the park distance control is black and transparent with the new software version to also see the complete range of the camera .

The navigation system Amundsen (SW <435) and the Radio Bolero (SW <0435), does not work due to software by hiding the parking aid correctly. While the right settings panel hides itself autonomously, the left side is not hidden on the monitor."

If it's a Bolero unit then the latest firmware can be found in the link in the comment on this youtube video : www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGclkJaGUrw&t=

Thinking of installing camera myself, do you have a saloon/hatchback if so any tips on removing the boot and rear window trim and routing the wire down the C pillar. 

Also here's a video I found on what to expect during the firmware update, done at your own risk.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWXJI8V9OEc&feature=youtu.be

Today i resolved the problem!!! The problem of black view was from old firmware version..i updated the system firmware at 0490 version and now everthing it's ok!!!

Thanks a lot again to Aki78 who was a great person and helped me!!!

received_2341847579393269.jpeg

received_374789496581967.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi, I have a very similar issue.

I just installed the reversing camera from aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000230897829.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.291d299fXIJHwU

However, whenever I select reverse gear I get the image displayed in your second picture and the box on the left with various buttons never disappears! I was hoping I would get a display the same as your first picture but the buttons block some of the image :sadsmile:
Is this also likely to be a firmware issue or do I need the long coding via odbEleven?

The camera I have used is meant to be a plug and play, but I find it frustrating that the menu items never disappear once I am in reverse gear.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks, 

On 28/03/2019 at 19:17, radukkk said:

Today i resolved the problem!!! The problem of black view was from old firmware version..i updated the system firmware at 0490 version and now everthing it's ok!!!

Thanks a lot again to Aki78 who was a great person and helped me!!!

received_2341847579393269.jpeg

Looks like I managed to fix the issue by playing around with the picture settings, i.e. brightness, contrast etc, (perhaps initial setup registration) then went for a drive and now the menu doesn't stay up permanently. 
The other thing I did was clean my amundsen head unit as described in other threads as I had been having issues where it wouldn't register my touch or it would think I was touching the screen when I wasn't/

• 8 months later...
On 28/03/2019 at 19:17, radukkk said:

@DakinHB which picture setting you changed to hide all those annoying buttons and panels in the above image? I like to have a clear picture without any option on it? Thanks.

5 hours ago, Vahids said:

@DakinHB which picture setting you changed to hide all those annoying buttons and panels in the above image? I like to have a clear picture without any option on it? Thanks.

Waiting with bated breath for a reply to this...

Edit:  well I was, but I’ve just been out to my car to ‘have a play’ with the picture settings, because mine was the same as the OP’s first pic.

But for some unknown reason, I got the full width picture, no black patch!   Now why’s that, I’ve never seen it before.

However, if you’ve seen my posts on other reversing camera threads, you’ll know my camera doesn’t always work, sometimes it’s a blank screen with the white car to the left.   

My car was registered in March 18 - I bought it this year - and I assume it’s not had any Amundsen updates, so that’s something I will explore, hopefully it might solve both annoyances. 🤫

Edited by Baxlin

@Baxlin

I think all the setting buttons disappear once the car starts moving. The other thing I have noticed is if I'm stationary and I place my hand near the screen the buttons reappear. Not sure if there's a sensor or its detected your stationary and so may want to change the settings .

I think you can hide the car image by pressing the [ button, and just tap the screen to get it back again? 

Thanks.  👍

Yes, I’d noticed on the radio screen that various extra buttons/controls appear if your finger ‘hovers’ near the screen.  I’ve not tried it on the camera screen though, as I’m usually too busy reversing...

There’s so much I still don’t know about the car, even though I’ve avidly RTFM’d!