The Official Brexit Thread - The Transition Period.

john999boy

Just to prove I am not anti-European every car I have bought new/used since 1988 (except a Toyota MR2 GT in 1992 worst car I have owned) has been built in a European car factory keeping our friends across the water in a job and therefore helping families feed and clothe their children (I do care really). I just hate Japanese cars particularly CVT Hybrids.:angry:

13 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Just to prove I am not anti-European every car I have bought new/used since 1988 (except a Toyota MR2 GT in 1992 worst car I have owned) has been built in a European car factory keeping our friends across the water in a job and therefore helping families feed and clothe their children (I do care really). I just hate Japanese cars particularly CVT Hybrids.:angry:

That doesn't prove you're not anti- European at all. All it shows is you've bought cars made in the EU and gloating that you think you gave someone who works in a factory somewhere  a job when you really didn't. We all know you dislike the EU so don't pretend otherwise.
Those Japanese cars were still built and sold even though you 'hate' them.
Just like VW's, Audis, BMW's, Mercs, Porches, FIAT's, SEAT's and Citroens will continue to be made and sold.

Well I replaced the Italian tyres on my car with ones from France and my favourite Jacket was made in Milan and my best shoes are also Italian. My favourite local restaurant is run by a lovely chap from Sicily. Our TV is Japanese however, as is our Microwave, they are very reliable.:nod:

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

Well I replaced the Italian tyres on my car with ones from France and my favourite Jacket was made in Milan and my best shoes are also Italian. My favourite local restaurant is run by a lovely chap from Sicily. Our TV is Japanese however, as is our Microwave, they are very reliable.:nod:

What's really astounding is that you post this stuff with no hint of irony. It's almost as if you believe your own BS. Staggering.

Time to come clean LEE01 I have been sent here to Briskoda by my Boss (God) because he feels there were too many miserable people on here. Yes I am an Angel this is why I chose SHY as my user name. It's not easy being nice all the time particularly when some people I try to help still dislike me. So when I overstep the mark and become too human God will punish me by handing me a ban to teach me a lesson using the moderators such as john999boy or the gadgetman (bless them both). My mission is to bring joy and happiness to this website even though the message is not getting through to some folk on here but I will persist. Off to Heaven for some training and R & R next month and will be giving Briskoda website a break for 2 weeks so hope you all miss me and look forward to my return in early July. Happy Holidays everyone and keep smiling, you know you want to.:hi:

14 hours ago, Lee01 said:

Yes. You'll have to be more specific...........

You appear to believe that £22.5bn had been taken out of the UK economy, which is not the case.

The £22.5bn figure quoted is the difference between what UK tourists spend aboard and what overseas tourists spend in the UK and those figures don't appear to have changed much.

Tourism Revenues in the United Kingdom decreased to 1460 GBP Million in January from 1680 GBP Million in December of 2018. Tourism Revenues in the United Kingdom averaged 1026.71 GBP Million from 1980 until 2019, reaching an all time high of 3014 GBP Million in August of 2017 and a record low of 126 GBP Million in February of 1981.

United Kingdom Tourism Revenues

Also in the last year there was a 2% increase in Britons travelling abroad for their holidays at a time when we are being told the economy is in a mess and no one has any money.

The article in the Independent does not include UK citizens taking their holidays in the UK.

This chart is from the ONS.

image.png.c84240fd78e5a1e9cf87c99fb85313c5.png

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, moley said:

You appear to believe that £22.5bn had been taken out of the UK economy, which is not the case.

The £22.5bn figure quoted is the difference between what UK tourists spend aboard and what overseas tourists spend in the UK and those figures don't appear to have changed much.

Tourism Revenues in the United Kingdom decreased to 1460 GBP Million in January from 1680 GBP Million in December of 2018. Tourism Revenues in the United Kingdom averaged 1026.71 GBP Million from 1980 until 2019, reaching an all time high of 3014 GBP Million in August of 2017 and a record low of 126 GBP Million in February of 1981.

United Kingdom Tourism Revenues

Also in the last year there was a 2% increase in Britons travelling abroad for their holidays at a time when we are being told the economy is in a mess and no one has any money.

The article in the Independent does not include UK citizens taking their holidays in the UK.

This chart is from the ONS.

image.png.c84240fd78e5a1e9cf87c99fb85313c5.png

Rubbished in terms of value compared to France, is it just the weather or more than that ?   Perhaps need to seize some of the royal properties and turn them in to tourist site like the French did a couple of hundred years ago.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_France   Recent result should be even better with the stronger Euro though less Brits are able to afford going to Europe of course and now doing stay-cations as what is they are reduced to affording, or go to Turkey etc.    

Tourism in France directly contributed 77.7 billion euros to gross domestic product, 30% of which comes from international visitors and 70% from domestic tourism spending. The total contribution of travel and tourism represents 9.7% of GDP and supports 2.9 million jobs (10.9% of employment) in the country.[1] Tourism contributes significantly to the balance of payments.

52 minutes ago, lol-lol said:

Rubbished in terms of value compared to France, is it just the weather or more than that ?   Perhaps need to seize some of the royal properties and turn them in to tourist site like the French did a couple of hundred years ago.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_France   Recent result should be even better with the stronger Euro though less Brits are able to afford going to Europe of course and now doing stay-cations as what is they are reduced to affording, or go to Turkey etc.    

Tourism in France directly contributed 77.7 billion euros to gross domestic product, 30% of which comes from international visitors and 70% from domestic tourism spending. The total contribution of travel and tourism represents 9.7% of GDP and supports 2.9 million jobs (10.9% of employment) in the country.[1] Tourism contributes significantly to the balance of payments.

The relevance to Brexit and UK tourism is what or is it a willy waving contest? If the later mind you don’t dribble over your fingers. 

• Like 1

France is fandabydozzy as on Continental Europe, a big and beautiful diverse country & in the Euro Zone in the Schengen area. 

Wonder or drive in or out of it at will. 

People from the UK and other parts of the EU like Ireland or the Channel Isles sail or fly in and out of France and might be tourists and might be transiting only going to other countries.

@lol-lol

Seeing as the UK is 4 countries and not just 1 do you have the figures for Tourism and the contribution to the GDP of Scotland?

EDIT.

Tourists might enter the UK / British Isles via England, Wales or Northern Ireland to then get to Scotland. Or vice versa.

Screenshot 2019-05-26 at 13.31.56.png

Screenshot 2019-05-26 at 13.32.31.png

Edited by Skoffski

BREXIT got less than a third of the votes..

Remain party votes Labour plus Liberal plus Greens got almost half the votes.

Wasted votes for Change, SNP and UKIP took about 10%, similar to total vote for Cons ...................................  

Results so far

Edited by lol-lol
  • Haha 2

Pro-Remain parties did well on people putting an X in their box, the Lib / Dem ditherers, SNP (divided party)  & Plaid Cymru.

@lol-lol

SNP will have taken near 40% of the votes in Scotland and have 3 seats out of 6 where they had 2 before.

Screenshot 2019-05-27 at 07.25.34.png

Edited by Skoffski

30 minutes ago, Sad555 said:

Brexit party .......didn’t they do well!......as expected!

One in nine potential voters got out to vote for them ie a third of a third.  

3 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

Pro-Remain parties did well on people putting an X in their box, the Lib / Dem ditherers, SNP (divided party)  & Plaid Cymru.

@lol-lol

SNP will have taken near 40% of the votes in Scotland and have 3 seats out of 6 where they had 2 before.

Scotland is a small population, about the same as Birmingham.  We just want to know when/if they are leaving the GB/UK and doing the smart thing and staying in the EU, them and NI are the ones of the 4 countries with a clear majority for staying or going so just go and do it by the 31st of October before implosion.  

• Haha 1

Yes less than 10% of the UK population.

Separate country with it's own government and votes to Remain in the Referendum.

You can just put an X on the paper in front of you, and a lot put that beside the SNP. 

That is a Pro-Remain Party that wants to leave the UK and remain in the EU.

Edited by Skoffski

3 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

Yes less than 10% of the UK population.

Separate country with it's own government and votes to Remain in the Referendum.

You can just put an X on the paper in front of you, and a lot put that beside the SNP. 

That is a Pro-Remain Party that wants to leave the UK and remain in the EU.

Get on with it.

• Haha 1

@lol-lol    Get on with what, the UK Government leaving the EU, or allowing the Scottish Government to hold a 2nd Independence Referendum?

Do you just make up figures.

Is Birmingham's official population over 1 million, not that the UK Government really knows.

& Scotland' Population over 5 million, not that any Government really knows.  Just know how many might pay Council Tax or on the Electoral Roll.

Edited by Skoffski

Just now, Skoffski said:

@lol-lol

Do you just make up figures.

Is Birmingham's official population over 1 million, not that the UK Government really knows.

& Scotland' Population over 5 million, not that any Government really knows.  Just know how many might pay Council Tax or on the Electoral Roll.

Birm met area pop 4.5M.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

'Recount' required!   So how many voters in Birmingham compared to Scotland.

We get 7 seats allocated in the West Midlands, of which Brum is the central city, compared to Scotland's 6 seats.

That is the form of PR which democrats would like to see but maybe we should have a single constituency across the UK. 

Edited by lol-lol

1 hour ago, lol-lol said:

Remain party votes Labour plus Liberal plus Greens got almost half the votes.

Since when has labour been a remain party? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moley said:

Since when has labour been a remain party? 

80% of the members voted to remain at Conference. Corbyn isn't listening to them.