245 DSG real world mpg

Morning all,

Currently thinking of leasing a 245 DSG Challenge spec when my current lease ends in September, and coming from VRS TDI, am curious to know what sort of figures people are getting in the real world.

Obviously there will be a hit compared to the 50ish I get now, my daily commute is 50 miles, mostly motorway however that motorway is the A1 around Newcastle and anyone local will know how congested it gets so no real chance to cruise in 6th.

Reading up online and checking honest john seems to show a roundabout figure of low 30`s, so would be interested to hear from current owners.

Cheers

Dave

I have a 245 Manual ( Registered 01/03/19 ) It's been to London twice and I can into the early 40's mpg at motorway speeds 70/75 mph.  If you  sit around the 80 + mph it drops into the mid 30's 

I have less than 2k miles on the clock but should improve with milage.

According to Fuelly I've done 3488 miles at an average of 27.1 mpg.

Most of my journeys are less than 2 miles though, the best tank was 32.8 which included a trip down to High Wycombe at the end of January. That included 2 hours crawling in snow because other drivers don't know how to handle the white stuff :@

1 hour ago, SimonD316 said:

According to Fuelly I've done 3488 miles at an average of 27.1 mpg.

Most of my journeys are less than 2 miles though, the best tank was 32.8 which included a trip down to High Wycombe at the end of January. That included 2 hours crawling in snow because other drivers don't know how to handle the white stuff :@

Sounds similar to me, we're both DSG right?

Lots of shorter journeys round town for family stuff with mine but the odd longer journey to push MPG to high 30s low 40s (with my wife driving). Personally got 39 as my highest avg driving like an absolute granny on a longer run. Usually low 30s late 20s for me.. mid 30s is me driving normally on a longer journey. Car is showing 28 and a bit MPG longterm.

Since my car isn't a commuter its still on sub 2k miles I'm guessing I can expect these MPG figures to improve? (I personally doubt it) :) 

8k per year on my lease not an issue currently, a months non UK holiday last month definitely helped or hasn't. lol

Edited by Scotty72

37 minutes ago, Scotty72 said:

Sounds similar to me, we're both DSG right?

Lots of shorter journeys round town for family stuff with mine but the odd longer journey to push MPG to high 30s low 40s (with my wife driving). Personally got 39 as my highest avg driving like an absolute granny on a longer run. Usually low 30s late 20s for me.. mid 30s is me driving normally on a longer journey. Car is showing 28 and a bit MPG longterm.

Since my car isn't a commuter its still on sub 2k miles I'm guessing I can expect these MPG figures to improve? (I personally doubt it) :) 

8k per year on my lease not an issue currently, a months non UK holiday last month definitely helped or hasn't. lol

Yup, both DSG B)

33mpg over 12000 miles. My best trip was 45mpg. Pottering to work and back 38mpg. All indicated. This is manual I would expect DSG to be slightly worse? 

Edited by Swirly182

My average mpg since I bought the car as new is in the signature. Approx 42.000km.

Best mpg was 5.5l/100km, 51,3mpg, on a longer journey on a 80-100km/h speed limit country road.

This car is usually used on the highway, 140-150km/h, so the average comes mostly from this type of commuting.

REAL B) 245DSG, 67 reg. 20,000 miles. Long term trip says 38 mpg but I’m getting 43-45 mpg on my daily 100 mile commute on the A19 into York. I’ve had upto 49 mpg a couple of times.

Should also mention - I’m running 235/35R19 PS4S all round which I’m pretty sure are a little less eco than factory tyres

Edited by mumphie

13 hours ago, mumphie said:

Should also mention - I’m running 235/35R19 PS4S all round which I’m pretty sure are a little less eco than factory tyres

They sure do make a dent in fuel economy

• Like 1

Had to do a trip to/from SW London yesterday with the family. Non motorway but Dual Carridgeway, about 1/3 at 50 limits about 40miles each way. I was impressed using Normal mode with DSG Drive for cruising and Sport for the slower city stuff I got 37.4mpg ave.. this is really good for me. I was also using cruise too some of the time where I could.

Sport just means the car reacts on/off the throttle more like I want it too without the massive pause/delay.