_NEW_ Skoda Connect App

yosser65

Well I got excited when i got the emails about the 'outage' of the Skoda Connect app as it was undergoing maintenance and would bring us a NEW updated 'experience'.

I eagerly awaited it arrival - then another email it was delayed a little - some tweaks or some such - eventually got it! Oh email with a link so I can update easily - great get this little beauty installed, can't wait.

Well it's installed and its just a **** - nothing new, little changed (except 'reskinned') - I thought oh maybe a feature like remote lock/unlock, horn sound, windows close - SOMETHING - nope just as bloody useless.

Anyone else TOTALLY underwhelmed at this. - so disappointed with this app and 'features' no idea why this even exists (remote installing nav points- thats about it).

• Like 2

Just logged onto the website to see if anything 'extra' - and nothing - I notice it expires in June for me - and they want 44GBP to renew my infotainment 'licence' - I think they'll know where to stick that!

HEY SKODA - are you reading and paying the slightest bit of attention to any of this. You can charge when you add 'value' but basic stuff not even being handled -  for 'SHAME'.

• Like 3

We have the remote lock/unlock in the app, not yet tried. Have read somewhere that must be activated in service partner.

Find your car-tab, there is options to horn sound and blinking.

When having the auxiliary heater, the Connect is easiest way to get it on. Our car is in the parking garage and too far for the remote.

Edited by Grumpy Finn

I don't have the remote lock/unlock function. Skoda support told me that "

Function Lock/Unlock is for vehicle produce after calendar week 51 2018, but some cars produced before can use it too."  Mine is produced at the end of 2017. They also told me that "maybe there will be an update, but not known and also the date is not known.".

Can't you see the Doors/Windows status, the consumptions, the diagnosis part? Maybe the account is not paired correctly. I would address it to the dealer/service.

LE: I do now see the Lock and Unlock buttons!! Did they apper now or did I not see them?

LE2: They again dissapeard. Whatever.

Edited by Gabi4

5 minutes ago, Gabi4 said:

Can't you see the Doors/Windows status, the consumptions, the diagnosis part? Maybe the account is not paired correctly. I would address it to the dealer/service.

LE: I do now see the Lock and Unlock buttons!! Did they apper now or did I not see them?!

I think you only get that if you have Care Connect, I may be wrong though.

9 hours ago, don_kiddik said:

I think you only get that if you have Care Connect, I may be wrong though.

Exactly. 

Yet, 75 euro a year is really great price for such a useful function. I cannot imagine better ways to spend money. 

3 hours ago, pa_ko said:

Exactly. 

Yet, 75 euro a year is really great price for such a useful function. I cannot imagine better ways to spend money. 

There is two ways to pay for these:

1. it is included (hidden) in the price of the car, when everyone will pay, the users and the non users. You can think that you get something for free, but...

2. You get one year free, so you can test it and decide later.

- If it is useful for you, you pay for it and you are satisfied.

- If it is not for you, you dont't pay for it and you are satisfied.

Simply clever?

Edited by Grumpy Finn

3 hours ago, westie38 said:

What utter pants this upgrade is - now, every time I log on to the app the measurements have defaulted to metric. Can't Skoda get anything right?

Don't have that problem. Changed to miles, rebooted, open the app, setting was in miles.

Maybe that, I never logout or login, I'll just close and open the app.

15 hours ago, Gabi4 said:

@Grumpy Finn, did you requested the Service center to activate it? When was your Karoq built?

I did a visit for another reason and asked the possibility to make the activation. A separate service person came with a laptop and it was made in couple of minutes.

Our Karoq was built 15 Dec 2018, this open/close is possible for my2019b cars (since Nov 2019).

Did your car have teh extra £300 package for the Application when purchased... or?

I thought the remote lock, status etc... were only available if you bought the extra package at the beginning..

1 hour ago, SimonAudi said:

Did your car have teh extra £300 package for the Application when purchased... or?

I thought the remote lock, status etc... were only available if you bought the extra package at the beginning..

The car has 1y Care Connect and 1y Infotainment Online with no extra cost.

The model is localized Finnish Style.

Edited by Grumpy Finn

1 hour ago, Grumpy Finn said:

The car has 1y Care Connect and 1y Infotainment Online with no extra cost.

The model is localized Finnish Style.

Is the 1 year care connect and infotainment online a specific offer you obtained, or is that normal? In the UK I see the Skoda Connect 3 year add on is 400 GBP

28 minutes ago, kerbero5 said:

Is the 1 year care connect and infotainment online a specific offer you obtained, or is that normal? In the UK I see the Skoda Connect 3 year add on is 400 GBP

It is normal here, both has the first year free of charge, then year by year. Don't know the prices, first paying is Jan 2020.

• Like 1