Buzzing noise when in Sport mode

My vRS produces an annoying buzzy sound from the top right corner of the dashboard when accelerating in Sport mode. No buzzing sound when in the other modes, and I'm reliably informed the sound generator is in the middle of the dashboard. Any clues?

• Like 1

@HOGEPH Ive had this same problem in 2 consecutive VRSesses. Last time I just did what Sasha says above and drive it in individual mode. This time I have DSG and DCC so when I drive in comfort mode and put the DSG into sport mode it makes the stoopid noise. Dealer wanted to remove my dashboard to fix it. Nope not happening! I used my OBDeleven to turn it down to zero and no more problems for me. It would make the buzzing noise at just over 2k RPM, in my old VRS it was nearer 4.5k RPM. 

Screenshot_20190405-172829_OBDeleven.jpg

1 hour ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

It does work, I have my 245 set  in individual, everything sport engine noise off

That was my previous tactic, individual mode was all sport bar the noise. Now Ive got DCC my profile would have been all sport except suspension. Now Ive turned the sound generator off sport mode is the same as my individual mode, giving me a free individual mode again!

• 4 years later...
On 19/04/2019 at 11:13, HOGEPH said:

My vRS produces an annoying buzzy sound from the top right corner of the dashboard when accelerating in Sport mode. No buzzing sound when in the other modes, and I'm reliably informed the sound generator is in the middle of the dashboard. Any clues?

On 19/04/2019 at 14:00, SashaGrace said:

It’s under the windscreen scuttle but the buzz you describe probably is the little fake noise box. Either disconnect it or code it out and see if it improves. If not then there’s another issue.

Hi Sasha, This is my recent post on the same issues and we are having some conversations at the moment on this - If you do have any valuable thoughts, please feel free to share :)

My neighbour bought a facelift Golf 7 GTI on my recommendation and he said it sounds like it has a speaker behind the dash, I told him "the fancy name is structure borne sound". The worst one though is the SQ5 one of my lads backed into his bay a few weeks ago, everyone said what a lovely noise it made but I rather burst their bubble when I pointed out the two rear silencers are made by Bose and are actually speakers... Even worse are the fake tailpipes with speakers you can buy for a Tesla.

Edited by Crasher