3 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Seem to remember you bragging about ragging your 1 litre buzz box to 100kph in under 10 seconds so either you were lying about not abusing it or you were joking about how impressed you were with it's incredible performance. Repeatedly testing a cars 0-100kph time will shag dampers and wheel bearings. 2,000 miles per month is alot. My car has done under 22,000 miles in 20 months with not a single fault and the components on my Vrs have been thoroughly pushed to the limit and beyond.:thinking:

Chap you have issues,I don't brag ,try to show off , exercise my machismo or otherwise be an arse ,I do my best to lead a very Zen existence,excluding of course the whole BREXIT ******ology,"ragging" my little buzzbox on the few occasions I have done isn't going to hurt it,2000 miles's a month is appreciable,but there's still only 25000 mile's on it and it was bought to be used not as a f@#ing ornament,no let's recap just in case anybody else tries to defend/excuse the crap component quality.

A boot lock

2 front calipers and pads

2 front shocks

2 front wheelbrarings.

And let's just point out that it has been treated the exact same as all my previous cars on the exact same journeys.

5 minutes ago, 181ce said:

Chap you have issues,I don't brag ,try to show off , exercise my machismo or otherwise be an arse ,I do my best to lead a very Zen existence,excluding of course the whole BREXIT ******ology,"ragging" my little buzzbox on the few occasions I have done isn't going to hurt it,2000 miles's a month is appreciable,but there's still only 25000 mile's on it and it was bought to be used not as a f@#ing ornament,no let's recap just in case anybody else tries to defend/excuse the crap component quality.

A boot lock

2 front calipers and pads

2 front shocks

2 front wheelbrarings.

And let's just point out that it has been treated the exact same as all my previous cars on the exact same journeys.

Just to clarify what average mpg/litres per km is the car doing?. Is it at least 45mpg/16km per litre?:blink:

34 minutes ago, cambuscat said:

A friend needed a window switch on his 4 year old Boxter. Porsche dealer gave him VW part number to buy as same part but far cheaper from VW. Would be very surprised if things like wheel bearings were different across all VW brands. 

Indeed,

Autocar once purchased a selection of components from Audi, VW, Seat and Skoda. Compared the part number on the items, the place of manufacture and if they could be traced back to the factory.

Conclusion was if you have an Audi buy your parts from a Skoda dealership as they will be exactly the same, built and boxed on the same line just cheaper.

Edited by logiclee
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

Go on then...blind me with the science of how you worked that out... :dry:

Same as some folks who manage to wear out pads in 10,000miles and discs after 20,000miles. Bad driving full stop. Lesson over.:bow:

38 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

ust to clarify what average mpg/litres per km is the car doing?. Is it at least 45mpg/16km per litre?:blink:

Happy to clarify,everyday messing about/commuting same hilly b-roads etc etc 5.8l/100km ,somewhere in the 50mpg neighborhood,again to repeat I'm dissapointed the car still remains a super efficient kitchen appliance,and pleasant to be in etc etc none of those attributes have changed.

Edited by 181ce
Can't do maths
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Same as some folks who manage to wear out pads in 10,000miles and discs after 20,000miles. Bad driving full stop. Lesson over.:bow:

AHH there's the answer,I got 19000km outta both sets of front tyres 38000km out of the backs it must be me then.

16 minutes ago, 181ce said:

AHH there's the answer,I got 19000km outta both sets of front tyres 38000km out of the backs it must be me then.

Wife has a 148bhp Karoq and the tyres will last 58,000km if I swap them at 29,000km. They are factory Michelin Primacy which last well.:blush

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

Wife has a 148bhp Karoq and the tyres will last 58,000km if I swap them at 29,000km. They are factory Michelin Primacy which last well.:blush

Does it ever leave the town centre or spend it's life cruising motorways or is your missus called "miss daisy" ,you obviously don't live on twisty hilly b-roads.

1 minute ago, 181ce said:

Does it ever leave the town centre or spend it's life cruising motorways or is your missus called "miss daisy" ,you obviously don't live on twisty hilly b-roads.

She commutes 52 miles (83km) a day on a mixture of A and B roads some very twisty and hilly. More Michelle Mouton than Jennifer Aniston. Can't believe you have worn out 6 tyres in 24,000miles and still average 59mpg, doesn't make any sense.:thinking:

50mpg ,I replace tyres at 2mm,4xbridgestone o.e turranzas if memory serves,2xhankook ventus .

4x hankooks on it now,AHH the lack of tire noise.......

3 minutes ago, 181ce said:

50mpg ,I replace tyres at 2mm,4xbridgestone o.e turranzas if memory serves,2xhankook ventus .

4x hankooks on it now,AHH the lack of tire noise.......

Karoq has 24,000km so far with 5mm left on the fronts and 6mm left on the rears. Michelin always last forever and very quiet as a bonus.:biggrin:

3 minutes ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

You haven't answered my question

Well I have never worn out a brake disc, damper, snapped a spring. Must be either very good driver after 36 years on the road or very lucky. Only ever had 2 punctures in 432,000miles driven.:blush

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Well I have never worn out a brake disc, damper, snapped a spring. Must be either very good driver after 36 years on the road or very lucky. Only ever had 2 punctures in 432,000miles driven.:blush

You haven't answered my question.

Absolute b******s wasn't it...

So 'good' drivers don't 'wear out' parts...I see

:giggle::giggle: :rofl::rofl:

Seriously man? What utter s****e!

Only Managed to get 12,000 out or the fronts on an Octavia blackline 2.0l diesel but managed over 26,000 in a Yeti with the same engine.

Havent read all the thread, but my 2016 VRS had the oil cooler replaced at 700 miles and is currently on 13k. Its had 5 coolant flushes since October 2018 due to oil in the coolant with the last flush using a tool Skoda Technical advised the dealership to use (Borrowed from another local dealer) and hopefully this final flush has removed all the oil, but I am keeping my eye on it. The car has been in Skoda garages for 60 days since December, all covered under warranty and a Mobex car supplied. No excuse for this amount of time for a 3 year old car to be in the workshop, warranty or not.

I like the car and enjoy driving it, but if the depreciation on the car wasn't £4k in this time (We buy any car valuations) I would of sold it.

Just to add I had a mk1 VRS for 10 years with only major issue was a gearbox replacement.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, teescom09 said:

A lot of parts are NOT shared! That's the problem. Most of trim and mechanical parts are made in Czech. 

There is a world of difference between Audi parts and Skoda parts. I had an A6 along side my VRs and absolutely everything on the Audi was many times better. Your in cuckoo land if you think not. Powertrain parts are the main shared items. That is why Skodas are cheaper, the sum of the parts are far cheaper, much the same as Skodas always were. The Dacia of VW group! 

I had an Audi,

Sure the dash was different, but there were plenty of common parts with the same part numbers.

i was sat in an RS6 and it just didn’t feel special at all.

Audi did  take the full lcd dash from VW too, so VW not Audi tech. 

I think it’s you that might be trying to convince yourself that an Audi is worth the extortionate prices they charge.

Jag and Merc are cheaper than a similarly specified Audi.

I am not pretending Skoda are amazing, but to suggest Audi are better because they use better parts made in better countries is funny.

Most of the engines come from

Cz bar probably the high end Sports models.

Edited by cheezemonkhai

10 hours ago, Sad555 said:

Only Managed to get 12,000 out or the fronts on an Octavia blackline 2.0l diesel but managed over 26,000 in a Yeti with the same engine.

I'm not surprised by this, I had a Blackline, loved the car/power but couldn't stop the thing wheel spinning in 2nd/3rd with the slightest bit of moist on the road! the VAQ diff on the 230 I have now has made all the difference to traction, having said that if you try it will still spin wheels at 70mph+. need 4x4 next me thinks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marko said:

I'm not surprised by this, I had a Blackline, loved the car/power but couldn't stop the thing wheel spinning in 2nd/3rd with the slightest bit of moist on the road! the VAQ diff on the 230 I have now has made all the difference to traction, having said that if you try it will still spin wheels at 70mph+. need 4x4 next me thinks!

Agree mine lights up the traction control light at 77mph in 3rd with a damp road surface. Wonder if a BMW 635CSI could manage that?:tongueout:

35 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Agree mine lights up the traction control light at 77mph in 3rd with a damp road surface. Wonder if a BMW 635CSI could manage that?:tongueout:

Not in 3rd, probably in 4th though 

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

I don't have the 635 anymore, got an E34 M5, wouldn't fancy spinning that at 70.. Believe it or not the 230 is faster than the M5! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, marko said:

I don't have the 635 anymore, got an E34 M5, wouldn't fancy spinning that at 70.. Believe it or not the 230 is faster than the M5! 

Not a surprise to me as I worked out that 77mph is 5,200rpm in 3rd in my manual Vrs245 which means I am deploying between 330-336bhp (5,000-5,250rpm from my dyno stage 2).60-100mph in 3rd takes just 6 seconds which is way quicker than most 2.0diesel BMW, Audi, Merc or Jag rep mobiles that think they can out accelerate a humble Skoda.:D

8 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

which is way quicker than most 2.0diesel BMW, Audi, Merc or Jag rep mobiles that think they can out accelerate a humble Skoda.:D

Although being RWD they won't have the traction issues we suffer from with FWD.

20 hours ago, cheezemonkhai said:

I had an Audi,

Sure the dash was different, but there were plenty of common parts with the same part numbers.

i was sat in an RS6 and it just didn’t feel special at all.

Audi did  take the full lcd dash from VW too, so VW not Audi tech. 

I think it’s you that might be trying to convince yourself that an Audi is worth the extortionate prices they charge.

Jag and Merc are cheaper than a similarly specified Audi.

I am not pretending Skoda are amazing, but to suggest Audi are better because they use better parts made in better countries is funny.

Most of the engines come from

Cz bar probably the high end Sports models.

Oh my giddy aunt. Hilarious