Roof bars - Hatch

I was looking at changing my hatch for an estate now we have a dog.  Just more room to fit everybody and camping gear but looking at silly money to change.

So an option is to get a roof rack for the hatch. As anybody used a roof rack on their hatch?  any pictures, preferred make, issues??

Tried google but can't find any images. Cheers

Edited by pkoconnor

I have used  this company several times and am a happy customer. Pictures on their web site.No intent to post a link here. www.roofbox.co.uk

• Like 1

Make sure you're happy with how the feet mount to the car. The doors close over the brackets and the feet must rest on the roof of the car. Not as neat as some other systems for cars without roof rails. And obviously not as neat as the systems available for the estate. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gregoir said:

I have used  this company several times and am a happy customer. Pictures on their web site.No intent to post a link here. www.roofbox.co.uk

+1 for roofbox.co.uk

I went for the CRUZ Airo T 118cm black aluminium roof bars, they are much cheaper than Thule and the colour works well with my car. The bars were recommended by on this site.

Screenshot_20190310-195624_Gallery.thumb.jpg.de0890c0039e405add9bb27c37ae9111.jpg

15 hours ago, Wangarai said:

+1 for roofbox.co.uk

I went for the CRUZ Airo T 118cm black aluminium roof bars, they are much cheaper than Thule and the colour works well with my car. The bars were recommended by on this site.

Screenshot_20190310-195624_Gallery.thumb.jpg.de0890c0039e405add9bb27c37ae9111.jpg

Cheers thank you for the pic. 

15 hours ago, Wangarai said:

+1 for roofbox.co.uk

18 minutes ago, pkoconnor said:

Cheers thank you for the pic. 

I too have the Cruz Airo - sourced from Roofbox - relatively simple to fit and takes the three bikes 

I did consider adding a tow bar, then using the Thule Easybase - but the cost of a detachable tow-bar put me off!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Would someone be able to look at the screenshot below and tell me if the roof bar (Atera AR5288) is fitted correctly. I found 2 holes/mount points for the 4 sides (FL,FR, RL,RR)  and used the inner mount points for each side but not sure which ones should be used (or does it depend on the length of carrier that goes on it?). 

TIA. 

image.thumb.png.cd62c27fb41787d7579087c7a1c05033.png

image.thumb.png.2b94b2ddac19ab7cbe2346486b727fbb.png

image.thumb.png.59486c6a7caf3d58b594c1f82a0b6c4b.png

On 05/08/2019 at 13:03, alladin1616 said:

Would someone be able to look at the screenshot below and tell me if the roof bar (Atera AR5288) is fitted correctly. I found 2 holes/mount points for the 4 sides (FL,FR, RL,RR)  and used the inner mount points for each side but not sure which ones should be used (or does it depend on the length of carrier that goes on it?). 

TIA. 

image.thumb.png.cd62c27fb41787d7579087c7a1c05033.png

image.thumb.png.2b94b2ddac19ab7cbe2346486b727fbb.png

image.thumb.png.59486c6a7caf3d58b594c1f82a0b6c4b.png

I also have the same question after getting some Thule bars off @tigermad the other week.  They were on her Superb which only had one hole.  When I test fitted them I used the inner holes and they seemed ok?!

39 minutes ago, JohnnyType2 said:

looks like it needs flipped 180 as the foot gradient should match the roof line

Thanks. I did think about it as the bars were not "sitting flush".  The bars had markings (like FL,RL, FR,RR) on them which I followed.  I will check with the sellers (roofbox) if this is how it should be fitted. 

• 3 weeks later...

Can't fault the Skoda roof bars, found some cheap on eBay and worked a charm. I had the same situation as you with a dog etc. but I eventually gave in and went for an estate although the hatch is plenty big enough for multiple dogs!

IMG_0565.jpg

Edited by MTwedVRS

• 2 years later...

Sorry to get on this thread so late but I just fitted some Cruz bars on my Octavia 3 hatch and wasn't sure which hole to fit the bars to.

I tried fitting to the two inner holes but it looked like the rear was sat higher than the front so I left the front bar on the inner hole and moved the rear to the outer hole. Is this done right?