Has anyone actually removed the stop start

On 26/06/2019 at 14:41, Scotty72 said:

This thread went super way off topic pages ago yet the admins are happy to let it continue :) I'm still reading.

Lol. I can't remember it having been previously reported.

3 minutes ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

@john999boy can this thread be binned now? It's wasting internet space

I've a good mind to ban @pistonbroke for making me read this thread! :tongueout:

Actually I couldn't quite manage it all (is there anything really that bad which I didn't see?) but it's a good job I didn't have any sharp objects near me as I might have reached for them.

As for wasting internet space; Briskoda is quite tolerant about most things - and as it's grabbed the attention of 19 followers including making @Scotty72 happy, I'm inclined to leave it at the moment as I don't want to stop people having fun. :thinking:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, john999boy said:

it's a good job I didn't have any sharp objects near me as I might have reached for them.

I’ve been posting in it and it’s been making me want to claw my own eyeballs out for several days now. 

Anyway it’s all sorted now. We’ve agreed that stop start is the best thing ever and is super good at reducing emissions. I think this is exactly what the OP was asking, so glad I was able to help out 👍

• Like 1

16 hours ago, maffyou said:

Anyway it’s all sorted now. We’ve agreed that stop start is the best thing ever and is super good at reducing emissions. I think this is exactly what the OP was asking, 

Forgive me if I'm wrong :tongueout: but didn't the OP ask:

On 02/05/2019 at 11:27, skippy41 said:

I know you can turn the stop start off using a button, but has anyone actually been able to remove it??. or knock it off altogether

Not that I've followed this with a fine tooth comb but I don't believe the OP made another post on this thread. I wonder why :biggrin:

• Haha 1

Sorry if this is too on topic, buuuttt...

A friend of mine has an Audi with DSG gearbox and said the s/s was annoying him at roundabouts. Car would cut out and it made pulling into a gap difficult / dangerous.

As I have Carista + ODB dongle so I said I'd take a look. On his car you could change it from default on when started to default off when started or remember last state.

He asked me to switch it to "remember last state" so if he turns S/S off, it's off until HE turns it back on again. I like that because the button in the car still works and he can turn it back on if he's stuck in traffic and thinks it would help.

When I recently got my Octavia 3 I assumed it would be the same but I ended up doing the voltage hack method. It's a shame there's no setting like on the Audi.

Edited by theandywaite

19 minutes ago, theandywaite said:

Sorry if this is too on topic, buuuttt...

A friend of mine has an Audi with DSG gearbox and said the s/s was annoying him at roundabouts. Car would cut out and it made pulling into a gap difficult / dangerous.

As I have Carista + ODB dongle so I said I'd take a look. On his car you could change it from default on when started to default off when started or remember last state.

He asked me to switch it to "remember last state" so if he turns S/S off, it's off until HE turns it back on again. I like that because the button in the car still works and he can turn it back on if he's stuck in traffic and thinks it would help.

When I recently got my Octavia 3 I assumed it would be the same but I ended up doing the voltage hack method. It's a shame there's no setting like on the Audi.

It sounds like his Audi isn't using the MQB platform - earlier platforms could have the default state of S/S changed to off and/or the state remembered.

To achieve the same effect on the MQB platform (like the Octavia) you need to add the hardware I linked to earlier (or similar)...

It sounds like his Audi isn't using the MQB platform - earlier platforms could have the default state of S/S changed to off and/or the state remembered.

To achieve the same effect on the MQB platform (like the Octavia) you need to add the hardware I linked to earlier (or similar)...

Or as explained earlier in this thread just disconnect the battery sensor, it appears that poster maffyou does not like this method, probably because it`s free and works, anyway, I hope my method helps anyone searching for a way to disable stop/start permanently, again, with a small amount of skill you can insert a switch into the sensors data line and control the sensor within the car, whats not to like.😊

Anyway it’s all sorted now. We’ve agreed that stop start is the best thing ever and is super good at reducing emissions. I think this is exactly what the OP was asking, so glad I was able to help out 👍

Perhaps you have agreed something with someone else in your green world Maffyou but in the actual world we live in it stop/start makes little or no difference to emissions as I have already explained to you, I would ask Maffyou as a car carrying green why you actually decided to purchase a diesel powered car car as against a petrol hybrid or full electric.

Maffyou said,  I think this is exactly what the OP was asking, so glad I was able to help out 👍

OP`s question was     

I know you can turn the stop start off using a button, but has anyone actually been able to remove it??. or knock it off altogether

Maffyou answered  

We’ve agreed that stop start is the best thing ever and is super good at reducing emissions. I think this is exactly what the OP was asking, so glad I was able to help out

🤣🤣 Has Maffyou posted an aswere to a different question or is he/she just a bit mixed up.

Edited by Bobclive2

8 hours ago, Bobclive2 said:

it appears that poster maffyou does not like this method, probably because it`s free and works,

Damn you got me! I hate things that are free and I hate things that work!

I would ask Maffyou as a car carrying green why you actually decided to purchase a diesel powered car car as against a petrol hybrid or full electric.

I’d love to answer that but I have literally no idea what a “car carrying green” is. But I haven’t got a diesel anyway so... 🤷‍♂️

🤣🤣 Has Maffyou posted an aswere to a different question or is he/she just a bit mixed up.

Seriously? Was it a long operation to remove your sense of humour?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

I even like the version they did with Lady Ga Ga she can rock when she wants to.:inlove:

She's a massive Iron Maiden fan, gets to as many concerts as she can and while she can usually get any VIP pass or celebrity pass going she enjoys getting in amongst the fans. She even said in an interview attending an Iron Maiden concert changed her outlook on life and her career.

Image result for lady gaga iron maiden

Image result for lady gaga iron maidenRelated image

Edited by logiclee
  • Like 1

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 22:23, maffyou said:

I’ve been posting in it and it’s been making me want to claw my own eyeballs out for several days now. 

Can't remember on which thread you were asking about the cost of EV's in relation to petrol, diesel and hybrids but a study by The International Council for Clean Transportation back in Feb 2019 carried out a survey with the VW Golf's different variants including the GTE electric/petrol hybrid. In summary it found that over 4 years of ownership despite the initial higher cost to purchase EV's they would work out 5% cheaper to run than a diesel Golf. Third was the petrol only variant and the most expensive of the 4 options was the GTE. Hope this helps with the point you were trying to make on a particular thread. Perhaps a MOD may move this to a more appropriate section.:nod:

• Like 2