Upgrade standard style suspension? Too bouncy..

3 hours ago, newbie69 said:

Don't come back with anything other than 380mm on the front or else... :D

Not to wreck your head anymore but my non dcc non sportline diesel is around 380mm on the front!

5 minutes ago, Markbro said:

Not to wreck your head anymore but my non dcc non sportline diesel is around 380mm on the front!

It's ok, I've stopped worrying about several posts back  :D

On 17/05/2019 at 04:28, JR RS said:

+1

that's how it was explained to me here too.

u either have:-

1. Standard suspension (std shocks + std springs)

2. Sports suspension (with sports springs)

3. DCC suspension (dcc shocks)

non-Sportlines will have #1 as the default, unless specc'ed up (based on market or user preference) to DCC.

Sportlines will have #2 as the default, unless specc'ed up (based on market or user preference) to DCC.

L&K will have #3 as default

someone jump on EKTA online and compare the suspension part numbers!!!

lol

Does that means that Std chassi has the same shocks as sportline? Just the springs are different?

1 hour ago, Esseesse200 said:

Sat nice and tidy today. Think the daughters dancing to it haha 

83FD29F0-EEDD-4DAF-A7E8-3DC1AE31E74A.jpeg

Tell me your wife is in the boot as that looks low, I'm getting worried😬

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Markbro said:

Tell me your wife is in the boot as that looks low, I'm getting worried😬

Hahaha nope no one in back mate and no load really. Half tank of optimax diesel and a 3/4 full of pig urine (adblue) it’s not that low tbh. It’s parked on slight slope with handbrake on so looks lower and taken from my 6ft high eye level. Don’t stress mate it’ll look spot on and still carry load. The H&R will surprise you. They did me on my previous Octavia 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Superbbb said:

Does that means that Std chassi has the same shocks as sportline? Just the springs are different?

Don't know for sure - there might b specific Sports shocks and springs for the Sportline......

So while I had the front wheels and wheel arch liner off, cause I was upgrading my xenon bulbs, I took the opportunity to take note of the part number on the springs and shocks.

I have a non-Sportline with DCC.

Would b interesting to see what part numbers the Sportline with and without DCC are......

IMAG3927.thumb.jpg.1e613637e24f9e04ff626b65dc92c268.jpg

IMAG3929.thumb.jpg.876a29dc730e8e6b98a6bf5a1704db4b.jpg

Well springs went on this morning|  Very happy with the overall feel of the car.  I'm only on 17" wheels so the ride isn't much harder but there is a huge difference in the way it goes around a roundabout and bends.  It also feels more solid whilst overtaking and accelerating on undulating rural roads.

Pictures below are before and after in as close to the same position as possible.  It doesn't seem to have dropped much more than 25-30mm based on some of my measurements so it may settle in a bit more over time. 

Must have been over 20 speed ramps so far today and no issues so I need to fully load the car and see what happens!

IMG_20190522_091730.jpg

IMG_20190522_124327.jpg

IMG_20190527_143007.jpg

• Like 3

On 27/05/2019 at 15:03, Markbro said:

Well springs went on this morning|  Very happy with the overall feel of the car.  I'm only on 17" wheels so the ride isn't much harder but there is a huge difference in the way it goes around a roundabout and bends.  It also feels more solid whilst overtaking and accelerating on undulating rural roads.

Pictures below are before and after in as close to the same position as possible.  It doesn't seem to have dropped much more than 25-30mm based on some of my measurements so it may settle in a bit more over time. 

Must have been over 20 speed ramps so far today and no issues so I need to fully load the car and see what happens!

IMG_20190522_091730.jpg

IMG_20190522_124327.jpg

IMG_20190527_143007.jpg

Absolutely spot on mate. Handling is night and day isn’t it. Looks ace.

• Thanks 1

On 27/05/2019 at 16:03, Markbro said:

IMG_20190522_091730.jpg

IMG_20190522_124327.jpg

IMG_20190527_143007.jpg

Nice. You are on Std chassi and std shocks, right? 4wd?

I got std chassi 2.0 tdi 4wd

Is this the right springs? 

• H&R Part Number 28784-6

4 hours ago, Superbbb said:

No I'm 2wd, as far as I recall part no. ends on 9. Esseesse200 has 4wd so might be able to confirm part number.

On 01/06/2019 at 05:08, Superbbb said:

Hi mate yea part number for the 4wd combi is 28784-6. Might be different for the sedan. You didn’t say which body shape you had 

Edited by Esseesse200

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update, 2500km done on springs without any issue,  Fully loaded, 2 adults, 2 teens and 6 yr old, ferry_France_home.  I have mud flaps so the front do occasionally touch on very narrow speed bumps (not a problem though as the car would always have bounced after these). Handling far better and inspires confidence in bends.

IMG_20190617_143317.jpg

2 hours ago, Markbro said:

Just a quick update, 2500km done on springs without any issue,  Fully loaded, 2 adults, 2 teens and 6 yr old, ferry_France_home.  I have mud flaps so the front do occasionally touch on very narrow speed bumps (not a problem though as the car would always have bounced after these). Handling far better and inspires confidence in bends.

IMG_20190617_143317.jpg

And obviously the most important and strictest test is. Any comment from the female members in the car ? 

G

ive had a little growl from mine lol but nothing that a new pair of shoes couldn’t solve. 

• Haha 1

They're all female and don't notice any difference!!

I can tell just by opening the door because the handle is lower, it's also easier to wash the roof :)

I only had one thud over a metal man hole, there is a little less travel than before, but the advantages far outweigh any negative.  Maybe uprated shocks would help.... 

3 hours ago, Markbro said:

They're all female and don't notice any difference!!

I can tell just by opening the door because the handle is lower, it's also easier to wash the roof :)

I only had one thud over a metal man hole, there is a little less travel than before, but the advantages far outweigh any negative.  Maybe uprated shocks would help.... 

Yea the bang over potholes are the only thing that makes me cringe lol. Further upgrade would be the Koni special shocks but would only do that if the originals were bu99ered 

flad you like them tho mate. Always a bit hard to recommend a product based on personal experience 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Markbro said:

IMG_20190617_143317.jpg

U got the Eibachs or H&R springs?