Thinking of buying a new Octavia vRS

Hi,

I am thinking about upgrading to a slightly larger car and an Octavia looks to fit my requirements. I have also been looking at the Mazda 6 and Honda Civic but neither interest me as much as an Octavia.

I was hoping people would share their experiences on their purchases and give me some pointers for my purchase.

Thanks.

Hi I am new VRS owner, p/x LR Discovery Sport , (which had issues), with many dealers having deals , lots to choose from ether new or nearly new/ ex demos ETC, a VRS 2.0 TSI H/B in my local Skoda dealer £30k, lots on Autotrader around £20k for 17/18 plate, at main dealers,  FYI the Octavia MK IV due out 2020, no diesel version! Hence now 190 TSI is available. But not in VRS version, 

After a drive in a Fabia VRS was pretty impressed, but now driven my new VRs feels more planted to the road!  Sport mode is best for Track days!

Well, if you want a petrol one, you'll need to order it from available stock or which have already been ordered by dealerships, they are not taking any new / customised  orders.

On 30/05/2019 at 09:51, Wet Kipper said:

Well, if you want a petrol one, you'll need to order it from available stock or which have already been ordered by dealerships, they are not taking any new / customised  orders.

Strangely, dealers are either slow to pick this up or Skoda haven’t communicated it to dealers or it’s not actually true. Despite it saying so on the skoda website, at least one dealer I spoke to this week said they had received no information of that sort in their recent bulletin from Skoda and another two confirmed they were still taking factory orders.

37 minutes ago, Octaviarse said:

Strangely, dealers are either slow to pick this up or Skoda haven’t communicated it to dealers or it’s not actually true. Despite it saying so on the skoda website, at least one dealer I spoke to this week said they had received no information of that sort in their recent bulletin from Skoda and another two confirmed they were still taking factory orders.

This Screen shot is from the latest Octavia Brochure 

Some engines are from dealer stock only

Screenshot 2019-05-31 at 12.39.02.png

So the only petrol engine option is 245bhp? What happened to the 230?

I'm toying with the idea of changing mine, but it's probably 6-9 months, early as too much -ve equity in it still. Best time to buy one though as sticks are cleared for the new model.