DSG clunk - normal or not?

Hi guys! Would you consider such clunking completely normal? And do not forget to guess what the dealership's opinion was.

Superb MK3, 2017, 1.4tsi DSG around 60tkm on the clock. I'm from Lithuania.

It happens when the care is driven for at least 15-20 min. And started to notice when it is really warm and sit in the traffic.

Best regards!

Hi. Mine certainly doesn’t make any sound like that. Is that the 7 speed dry clutch ?

Edited by Nick_H

I believe u have the dry DSG-7.

That clunking on gear change is not normal with a wet DSG-6.

"shouldn't" b normal with the DSG-7 too, but I know that gearbox has been plagued with numerous issues, hence why Skoda is saying "nah, that's normal"

So my short story with dealer.

- Send videos to them, told the circumstances;

- They reply after 3 hours (quick enough) "We here the metalish clunk that should not be there, best technician will look at that next day";

- Next day "technician agrees with the sound, inquiry sent to SKODA";

- When I asked can I drive my car when you wait for the answer (indicated, it is dangerous, might broke down in few miles)

- Response next day "We received answer from SKODA - normal operational sound"...."you can go with your car now"....;

Still waiting from them the written answer and documents regarding that.

What should I do next - sit and wait not a strategy , I do not want to get stranded in motorway with my 3 year old daughter waiting for help...  

• Like 1

There have been 'cattle grid' type noises over the years, and 'clunk noises' etc. 

But normal it is not, because VW Engineers never designed in clunks.

Plenty threads over the years if you do a search on noisy DQ200 DSG's.   Plenty threads in the Fabia Mk2 section, but elsewhere also.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

The only time my DSG has “clunked” or more probably the propshaft, has been a couple of times when I put it in reverse, but that’s it. I’d’ve thought any other occasion ain’t normal, ain’t a “characteristic” and ain’t a “feature”; it’ll be boolocks if a main dealer After-sales Manager, technician/service receptionist et al spouts any of that nonsense.