Citigo Spare Wheel

Martskoda

Will a standard spare wheel fit in the boot regardless of whether it 14/15/16 inch tyre? or do you need space saver wheel if bigger than 14 inch? Does anyone know part numbers for genuine Skoda parts please! Thanks!

I bought a brand new black 16" Skoda Auriga design wheel with Continental tyre for my Citigo Sport on ebay. You will need a new polystyrene insert for the jack and tools. The one you need is small enough to fit inside the wheel. There's a different part number for the jack because the one for cars with repair kits is slight longer but you can just cut the new foam slightly to make it fit.

Check 7zap.com for the Skoda part numbers.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/06/2019 at 16:05, sportq said:

I bought a brand new black 16" Skoda Auriga design wheel with Continental tyre for my Citigo Sport on ebay. You will need a new polystyrene insert for the jack and tools. The one you need is small enough to fit inside the wheel. There's a different part number for the jack because the one for cars with repair kits is slight longer but you can just cut the new foam slightly to make it fit.

Check 7zap.com for the Skoda part numbers.

Pete

Thanks Pete!

So I have now bought a spare wheel/ tool kit for a Seat Mii (ZGBBOM011SE) which in the advert said was compatible with the Citigo/Up as well, although when I asked if it was they couldn’t confirm if it actually was! Anyway it’s a 165/70 R14 85T tyre and the car (my Girlfriends Citigo) has 165/70R14 81T tyres on it. Is this okay?! Same size etc. Just different speed rating?! 

Now rather confusingly my Citigo has 175/65 R14 82T tyres on it but the spare is a 165/70R14 81T! Can someone offer some advice on this please! I have also seen an advert for a main dealer in Sheffield advertising a spare wheel kit with the 175 /65 tyre so why would you have a 165 if you could have the same tyre as the others?! Am confused! 🤔

12 hours ago, Martskoda said:

165/70 R14 85T tyre and the car (my Girlfriends Citigo) has 165/70R14 81T tyres on it. Is this okay?! Same size etc. Just different speed rating?

No, the 81 and 85 are load ratings, the T (118mph) is the speed rating. It's entirely acceptable to replace load rating 81 with 85, but not always the other way around.

I have a 2014 Greentech 60 fitted with 175/65-14 but a 165/70 spare. As far as I know the car had that spare from new and I am sure is what you get if you ordered a spare with the from new.

My wife's has 165/70/14 fitted so I bought a 165/70/14 from a vw up as a spare that was actually the factory option and although it is the same size it has a 50mph restriction sticker affixed , go figure heh

9 hours ago, Fabiasi said:

My wife's has 165/70/14 fitted so I bought a 165/70/14 from a vw up as a spare that was actually the factory option and although it is the same size it has a 50mph restriction sticker affixed , go figure heh

It would have the sticker as the car it came with may have had larger wheels/tyres fitted. Take the sticker off but be aware the spare will have slightly different grip etc as it has likely never been used.

• Like 1

Thanks for all your the advice! Forgot to say got the tyre/ tool kit from Vospers Seat in Plymouth if anyone looking for a spare.