Amundsen MIB1 to Columbus MIB1 Problem

Hello,

I've changed my display Amundsen MIB1 to Columbus MIB1 but  the screen is divided.

I've heared that I must update my software and will be okay, but it's not. (This solution worked for others who has made change like me) 

Any solutions how to solve that problem? 

Cheers

received_486455565430551.jpeg

Yes replace the screen for a MIB1 Amundsen screen, or retrofit a full MIB1 Columbus setup, or retrofit a full MIB2 Columbus or Amundsen setup. This cannot have worked for anyone changing only the screen on a MIB1 setup.

MIB1 Amundsen has half the resolution of a MIB1 Columbus, so what you see is expected; the output display is half that of a Columbus. Later MIB2 Amundsen had the same resolution as Columbus but on a slightly smaller screen, so it's fine using a Columbus screen to replace Amundsen for MIB2. 

Edited by ahenners
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ahenners said:

Yes replace the screen for a MIB1 Amundsen screen, or retrofit a full MIB1 Columbus setup, or retrofit a full MIB2 Columbus or Amundsen setup. This cannot have worked for anyone changing only the screen on a MIB1 setup.

MIB1 Amundsen has half the resolution of a MIB1 Columbus, so what you see is expected; the output display is half that of a Columbus. Later MIB2 Amundsen had the same resolution as Columbus but on a slightly smaller screen, so it's fine using a Columbus screen to replace Amundsen for MIB2. 

Amundsen MIB1 has 800x480 - same like Columbus MIB1. Always when you've made change like mine this screen is divided, but when you do the update after that all working perfectly - that's checked solution. I'm thinking about to do a downgrade my software and update again. 

You need a Columbus main unit, you may as well go MIB2 though for the extra functionality. I went from a Amundsen MIB1  to Columbus MIB2 with a pre-coded unit like this one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Skoda-OEM-Part-Columbus-Navigation-MIB-2-with-DAB-no-SIM/293053328291

Edited by Dave77

36 minutes ago, jezykowaty said:

Amundsen MIB1 has 800x480 - same like Columbus MIB1. Always when you've made change like mine this screen is divided, but when you do the update after that all working perfectly - that's checked solution. I'm thinking about to do a downgrade my software and update again. 

If you know the answer, why are you asking the question? :blink:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jezykowaty said:

It isn't the same resolution for MIB1.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ahenners said:

It isn't the same resolution for MIB1.

Well, what's resolution is in Columbus? 

1 hour ago, Rustynuts said:

If you know the answer, why are you asking the question? :blink:

I'm asking because that solution don't help me

10 minutes ago, jezykowaty said:

I'm asking because that solution don't help me

Becauase the solution you're looking at is not correct for you. Hardware differences between MIB1 and MIB2 mean you can't use a software upgrade to change the hardware.

2 hours ago, jezykowaty said:

Well, what's resolution is in Columbus? 

Columbus is 800 X 480 for MIB 1 and MIB 2. Amundsen MIB 1 and Bolero MIB 1 are 400 X 240.

Amundsen MIB 2 is 800 X 480 same as Columbus.

See thread here:

Edited by ahenners
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Well at least you have the screen now, retrofit Amundsen or Columbus MIB2 and enjoy extra features as well as the bigger screen :D

Yeah, but all this confusion it's because I've broken my Amundsen... Well now I must to buy MIB2 😛

• 7 months later...

Hello, i have the same problem, i have amundsen MiB1 and i buy columbus mib1 lcd, but resolution is smaller, now i buy unit mib2 amundsen with smartlink and i need pair it with this columbus mib1 lcd and my car. But i dont know if my canton unit will work with this mib2 amundsen.