Another one bites the dust!

well, after 3 Octavia vRS's (mk1,2,3) I have taken the plunge and put a deposit on a new Seat Leon Cupra R ST, I have have had 11 years of trouble free motoring but feel I have gone as far as I can with the current vRS offerings! if only Skoda offered a 4wd version with 300+ BHP I may have been tempted but can't be doing with the face lifted looks. I will miss my trust Skoda but needs must!

Mark.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, marko said:

well, after 3 Octavia vRS's (mk1,2,3) I have taken the plunge and put a deposit on a new Seat Leon Cupra R ST, I have have had 11 years of trouble free motoring but feel I have gone as far as I can with the current vRS offerings! if only Skoda offered a 4wd version with 300+ BHP I may have been tempted but can't be doing with the face lifted looks. I will miss my trust Skoda but needs must!

Mark.

Nice, congrats! The R is limited in numbers isn't it? I keep looking at Leon Cupra 4 drive estates to replace my nearly 6 year old VRS. The facelift Leon Cupra is a good looking car and that drivetrain is the one we all want but probably won't ever end up in an Octavia VRS. Update the thread when you get it, keen to see it and read your thoughts B)

Edited by ahenners
  • Thanks 1

Couldnt you buy Superb 280? At least car from the class above in terms of comfort, quietness, materials etc... And it costs the same. Its just harder to park.

2 hours ago, marko said:

Mark.

You pretty much sum up my exact mindset when I jumped to the Cupra.

...and of course, that testdrive... I was not ready to like it so much.

I warmed up to the Cupra more on a 1h test drive than to the Octavia in the entire ownership.

Edited by Jaco2k
  • Thanks 1

Car looks fab!! 😎

With all good wishes for the Kerbophobia you're going to catch with those alloys.

Gaz

Edited by 132

On 07/07/2019 at 22:27, toni8b said:

Cupra R will loose value like crazy. Golf R would be more sensible choice.

Who told you that? The Cupra is booked with slightly less depreciation than the R 45 - 48% compared to 42 -46% so is up there with the best. 

On 10/07/2019 at 16:15, teescom09 said:

Who told you that? The Cupra is booked with slightly less depreciation than the R 45 - 48% compared to 42 -46% so is up there with the best. 

Nobody particular, I just look at the used car ads. Much cheaper to get few years old Curpa than Golf R.

picking the Cupra up today, very excited! last run in the faithful Octy, someone will have a cracking Octy when they buy my old one, probably one of the quietest too with all the deadening I fitted!!

• Like 2

I agree the Cupra R ST with the ABT pack is a great car.

Apart from the fact that the Golf R Estate looks rather ugly IMO, you have to add a lot of options to get it to the Cupra spec so there is still a significant price difference.

I also rather think that the R model,especially with the ABT pack,will hold its value reasonably well.

On 12/07/2019 at 05:46, marko said:

picking the Cupra up today, very excited! last run in the faithful Octy, someone will have a cracking Octy when they buy my old one, probably one of the quietest too with all the deadening I fitted!!

The best days in life are ‘new car pick up days’!!

Have fun!  The Cupra looks fantastic BTW. 

2 minutes ago, dunc69 said:

The best days in life are ‘new car pick up days’!!

Have fun!  The Cupra looks fantastic BTW. 

well the best day didn't happen yesterday! they were unable to register it as the whole VW/Audi system was down they use to register new cars!

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Mr_James_88 said:

Argh how devastating! 

I hope you get a free tank of v-Power out of them for the anti climax 👍

well it was all detailed, tank of fuel and covered up ready for unveiling but not now! unless I get a cal this morning it'll most likely be next week now..

• Like 1

On 12/07/2019 at 01:20, toni8b said:

Nobody particular, I just look at the used car ads. Much cheaper to get few years old Curpa than Golf R.

That would only be because the R your comparing is more expensive in the first place. Like for like the Cupra  depreciates less, although both are decent. If you were really bothered about depreciation most Skoda's are down there with the not so good. 

16 minutes ago, Jaco2k said:

Already have, I'm Marko70 on there, Marko was already taken! just browsing t the moment but I'm interested in anything audio related as I will be upgrading the sound system at some point!

3 hours ago, marko said:

Already have, I'm Marko70 on there, Marko was already taken! just browsing t the moment but I'm interested in anything audio related as I will be upgrading the sound system at some point!

You have Beats audio? If so... Sorry to hear ;)

...I have the Seat sound system and there is NOTHING I want to change about it.

7 minutes ago, Jaco2k said:

You have Beats audio? If so... Sorry to hear ;)

...I have the Seat sound system and there is NOTHING I want to change about it.

no, standard stereo, at least it has a CD player unlike the Skoda!

Wait a sec - so you get a Cupra R and it only comes with the standard stereo? Pffffff ....I guess you need to replace speakers and add subwoofer.

In the other forum there are some people who have retrofitted the Seat sound system.

Don't bother with Beats cause it is rubbish and it is worse - Beats system was a cost-cutting solution, so no point retrofitting that.

Also, more complicated, since it has a separated amp for the subwoofer.

1 minute ago, Jaco2k said:

Wait a sec - so you get a Cupra R and it only comes with the standard stereo? Pffffff ....I guess you need to replace speakers and add subwoofer.

In the other forum there are some people who have retrofitted the Seat sound system.

Don't bother with Beats cause it is rubbish and it is worse - Beats system was a cost-cutting solution, so no point retrofitting that.

Also, more complicated, since it has a separated amp for the subwoofer.

TBH I don't know what it comes with, I'm certain it's not the Beats as it has no sub, don't really care for any OEM stereo so always upgrade with quality old school equipment!

if you fancy a nosey at what I did in my Octavia have a look here! https://talkaudio.co.uk/octavia-vrs230-install-t281248.html

3c926ee123f7aaae6592ce554aa29bf170e6f8a3.jpg

52f4bbff5eacce99109736d9c85a815709392ec1.jpg

bf019ca35bbfaba40f42b64eee76cff36c47bb2f.jpg

• Like 1