Virtual cockpit - change default view?

Is there anyone here with stock VC or even retrofitted one that has view button? Are you able to uncheck one of the screen and save the settings after ignition off? It’s driving me crazy :) 
Why have the option if it’s not working. 
in the morning or 10 min later all screens are checked back. Uffff. 
maybe there is a settings somewhere with OBD?

1 hour ago, ccosmin said:

Is there anyone here with stock VC or even retrofitted one that has view button? Are you able to uncheck one of the screen and save the settings after ignition off? 

Yes. 

No option to uncheck views.

I have just bought the OBD eleven but not even tried to plug it in yet ...

Anyone know what Display_Save_CP does? Might be one to have a look at?

I think that you can change the colour appearance with Display farbabgleich, which seems to offer you the chance to enter RGB values into it.

Edited by TheWanderer

Was thinking of component protection. Afraid to change it :)

The color is changed with the ambient lighting. That option does nothing. Tried it already. 

There is is option to uncheck views if you long press the view button. It just does not stay put for long. 

On 07/08/2019 at 06:47, ccosmin said:

Is there anyone here with stock VC or even retrofitted one that has view button? Are you able to uncheck one of the screen and save the settings after ignition off? 

I had another look and to my surprise, I can uncheck views. But they come back next time I get in the car same as you. 

I intend to have a play with obd but so far have had zero luck with that (reversing mirror dip no worky) and its on my low priority list now.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

I recently retrofitted a VC, I managed to change the skin of the speedos to a vRS skin, but the welcome and leaving screen remains with the regular octavia and regular Skoda logo without the vRS start screen.

what is the issue? Can it be coded somehow?

38943805-8380-4AA1-A864-9035F7D70986.thumb.jpeg.af5cf2524353d0e971c731e34d2dbee5.jpegC37B481D-A733-4B42-890E-9A117B6B2793.thumb.jpeg.fe355c8a69b5e2d59b050d46ee1e3ff8.jpeg

Edited by Sava159

As per above. I had one of the first VC on a factory order and I put a video on YouTube showing how it worked. Got challenged all the time on 'why normal car not VRS you liar'. It shows a normal octavia when you shut down as standard🤣

• 7 months later...

Hey!

Sorry to bring this back to life but has a solution been found to the original problem?

My VC reverts back to the "standard" view every time I restart the car. Gets annoying having to reselect my desired view every time. 

Not sure if this is relevant but I have a 3Q gateway on the car.

Edited by razyel

Only solution I found was to turn off the personalisation option. Always have the center dial view (or whatever last used layout was) as my default now.