Windows opening on own

DRGW

On Monday morning when I went to my Yeti, I noticed it was unlocked and all windows wide open!

it was definitely locked when I left it on Sunday and I keep my keys in a home safe so nothing had pressed the button.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Sure there's no way the remote couldn't have been pressed in your pocket inadvertently on Monday?  It seems the most likely explanation. 

There are so many similar threads for all the various Skoda models over the years right up to the latest models.

There is a thread this week someplace on Brskoda again asking the same thing.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/469461-who-opened-all-my-windows

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/457127-help-all-my-windows-opened-overnight

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/441045-windows-open

Edited by Roottootemoot

Happened to me twice overnight when the car was parked on the drive with keys on a table well away from the car. No chance of inadvertently operating the windows.

Colin

This last came up in January last year, and will again, surely! 

Here's Speedsport's 'cure':

I don't think anyone reported that it didn't work for them.  My first Yeti never had a recurrence, and the second hasn't had the problem.  Yet. 

OK not the same problem, but quite often the wing mirrors fail to "park" when the key fob is kept pressed. Re-set the windows and it works fine, but later on they fail to work off the keyfob again...

Main Skoda dealer is aware of this as are Skoda themselves so I was told. Dealer stated that in every case it has been down to user rather than a fault etc.

Today my car was parked at work and I was elsewhere in Bristol and had my car keys with me. My Yeti windows were wide open again. Thankfully my car was in a secure yard at work. Not sure if the key fob has a 35+ mile range! 😂

Fords have this feature as well.  My old 55 plate ford focus had the facility to open/close windows using the key fob, think my Fabia had it also.  I've never had a problem with phantom opening though, probably partly because I was aware of the feature and so I'm careful not to inadvertently press the buttons, and partly because I keep my keys in a roomy jacket pocket on their own rather than squashed into a jeans pocket. 

Incidentally the range of the transmitter in the fob is impressive, before leaving for home this week I would stand inside my office and watch as I opened the windows to air out the car parked in the company car park, I'd say 30+ meters.  Ok, it would auto relock, then the alarm would go off because the windows were still open and the breeze set off the motion sensor, but I didn't care. a) The alarm going off wouldn't bother people as it was at the far end of the car park and most people had already gone home, b) secure car park so no-one going to knick it, c) It removed the superheated air from inside the car and allowed it to cool down, so when I got to it I could open the door without my eyebrows getting blowtorched off.

20 hours ago, Stubod said:

OK not the same problem, but quite often the wing mirrors fail to "park" when the key fob is kept pressed. Re-set the windows and it works fine, but later on they fail to work off the keyfob again...

I had a recurrence of that problem recently.  Cured in the usual way by resetting the windows.  I did think at the time that it might have been triggered by trying to lock the car using the fob when one of the doors wasn't properly closed - that was the only out-of-the-ordinary thing that I can recall having happened prior to the problem manifesting itself.  It's all too easy to miss the car trying to tell you that the doors didn't lock properly - you tend to just press the button and walk away (well, I do, anyway).

21 hours ago, DRGW said:

Main Skoda dealer is aware of this as are Skoda themselves so I was told. Dealer stated that in every case it has been down to user rather than a fault etc.

Today my car was parked at work and I was elsewhere in Bristol and had my car keys with me. My Yeti windows were wide open again. Thankfully my car was in a secure yard at work. Not sure if the key fob has a 35+ mile range! 😂

Try The Cure, then tell us if it happens again.  [I'm not being narky, just interested!]

By resetting the windows, do to mean to open them in turn and close them again?

The dealer said that the operation to open windows from the key fob can be deactivated which will also cure the issue but as I was some 35+ miles from my car when it happened again, I’m not sure if this would work for me.

3 minutes ago, DRGW said:

The dealer said that the operation to open windows from the key fob can be deactivated which will also cure the issue but as I was some 35+ miles from my car when it happened again, I’m not sure if this would work for me.

Its worth a go though, if only to eliminate it from a possibility 

21 minutes ago, DRGW said:

Find what window has lost the one touch operation, close it and release the switch then lift switch again for about 5 seconds.

• Like 1

On 28/07/2019 at 10:45, Brijo said:

With 20/20 hindsight, my suggested link to The Cure was not straightforward.  Here it is, direct:

I've never had to use the "gentle pressure outwards on the glass near the top" technique.  Every time I've needed to reset a window I've done it the way Urrell described, with 100% success.