Used 272 L&K within pence of Sportline+ what gives?

• Administrators

Given I've not driven either of these, remote buying is becoming stressful :D

All the used ones on my shortlist are now hundreds of miles away and a few are fairly uninterested which I'm staggered at. I;m stuck by analysis paralysis. Having not driven either of these options is really hampering me.

I'm narrowing down my list, all centering around the same price point. With mileage and a few months beeing a minor variation.

I enjoy my A and B roads and corners, I see a straight I'll lift off and pootle. Wafting along on the motorway, can't wait for a lorry and ACC, I've got 10audiobook tokens waiting....  I probabbly only need a 4x4 Octy Estate, but you know spec creep and impending sense of doom again, roll on 46 :)

OptionA L&K hatch

OptionB Sportline +

OptionB has a few variants, all used 19 plates <6k

1 blind sport, lane assist, adaptive cruise, heated seats flappy paddles, those black gloss wheels

2 sunroof, adaptive cruise, virtual cockpit, flappy paddles, heated seats

3 canton, rear cam, dcc, blind spot, adaptive cruise tailgate, sunroof

I've read most of the posts and reviews on DCC, the 'paid' reviews rave about it. Bumpy roads, pressing on it kind of makes sense. But then so does a tuning box, peddal gizmo and bilstiens if I was truely bothered, a Meganne Throphey.

Off to see one tonight without canton or dcc so B2.

Given they are all within a grand of each other I am kind of left thinking the L&K might be the best value afterall. There is 500 between these 4 cars....

In your estemed views, what is worth pursuing, i.e. canton seems to be, but I listen to audio books mostly. Dcc yes get it, but possibly costly down the road and hard to 'tune' around. virtucal cockpit yes seen it, looks fab, but it's new, dials work, but man they feel old.

Ultimately I don't know if canton and dcc are worth it, but when priced for the same model without it seems a no brainer to get them, and loose something like the sunroof and virtual cockpit.

Then of course the dealers who say there is no movement, and others who have knocked 5 off to get it in the game... but really those 5 was fake price inflation.

Final question, crowd sourcing, if a screen price is 29k... is this too much for a this year model... it fits the depreciation curve from 40 thru 30 down to 20.

The curve ball is there a couple of 2016 ones for 20k which gives me 10k to play tuning games with, more than enough and this isn't DarthII.

Then; told you it was paralysis, the Cupra Ateca blue slushy machine, can be had for 32 windscreen price. 2 over my red line.

Edited by ColinD

I got my 66plat (sept registered) 7months ago for 20k. It is a sportline with no options. I reckon you could get it down bit lower. 

With the 2016, you are guaranteed an exhaust that has flaps too and it doesn't have a GPF, and has port injection if you are worried about things like carbon buildup. 10k can buy lots of petrol and a tune. I'd say if you don't mind am older car, that's the way. 

Not a fan of the Ateca tbh. Otherwise I agree with you to get Canton and DCC over Virtual cockpit and sunroof. 

2 hours ago, ColinD said:

I enjoy my A and B roads and corners, I see a straight I'll lift off and pootle. Wafting along on the motorway, can't wait for a lorry and ACC, I've got 10audiobook tokens waiting....  I probably only need a 4x4 Octy Estate, but you know spec creep and impending sense of doom again, roll on 46 :)

Then; told you it was paralysis, the Cupra Ateca blue slushy machine, can be had for 32 windscreen price. 2 over my red line.

As you mentioned being nearly 46, surely the Cupra is the only way to go as the knees won't last out? :tongueout:

However even though it has DCC, I'm not sure an SUV is as much fun as a 'car' for winding roads.

Canton is good but needless for Agatha Christie and the Virtual cockpit isn't really that much of a life changer - same as the sunroof.

L&K all the way. Pretty much all the toys as standard, DCC with sport setting for the twisties. Lovely. And yes - I am completely biased :).

One thing you didn't mention is engine size and petrol versus diesel. It can make a big difference in price, though interestingly I got my 190TDI (7 months old, 7k miles) for a grand less than the 150TDI I was previously going to buy (6 months old, 6k miles). I've come to the conclusion that it is simply whichever dealer is more desperate for sales this month that will give you the best deal.

I suspect all four are fantastic, so just bite the bullet and choose one of them! And I don't mean the Cupra:D.

Edit: just saw you said 272 L&K. If you can live with the fuel cost then it's even more of a no-brainer. Pay them a £100 refundable deposit and get down there tomorrow. You know you want to...

If you then decide in a month's time you don't like it, i know a fellow Briskodian 190 L&K owner who could be persuaded to swap it for a 272...

:biggrin:

Edited by BriskodaJeff

L&K ! But like Jeff, I'm biased...    My 68 plate 190 BHP diesel estate came in at £24k a few months ago. Searched long and hard for one with a sunroof and finally found one. It was originally advertised at £27k and it wasn't local (so I placed the deposit and jumped on the train). 

• Like 1

The only thing I prefer on the SportLine is the seats.... BUT then the L&K ventilated seats are a different ball game again and I wouldn’t give mine up for SportLine seats 😂

• Administrators

Argh o e of them isn't as advertised, it's two weeks old and <1k on the clock. B2.

But no budge on price at 28990. Which given the narrow band still feels like a lot,but its brand bloody new, albeit registered already.

Just took it out in normal mode, felt ok chucking it into a roundabout,but that's all I got, although I was getting dizzy.

What I cannot believe is how they have cheaper the passenger seat.

My elegance had both seats electric and crucial my the pan tilt. Swmbo needs this on the passenger side. That is pretty much a deal breaker regardless... 

Is the l&k passenger electric?

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, john999boy said:

Not knowing the specs of the +, but does it have a heated front screen as I know that would prove useful for you?

None of the ones so far had it.

I agree it would be handy, but raw antifreeze mix works, sort of. Heated seats while screen warms up.

New pricing is bonkers too close to 40k for the 1500tax.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ColinD said:

Argh o e of them isn't as advertised, it's two weeks old and <1k on the clock. B2.

But no budge on price at 28990. Which given the narrow band still feels like a lot,but its brand bloody new, albeit registered already.

Just took it out in normal mode, felt ok chucking it into a roundabout,but that's all I got, although I was getting dizzy.

My elegance had both seats electric and crucial my the pan tilt. Swmbo needs this on the passenger side. That is pretty much a deal breaker regardless... 

Even my humble 2017 Vrs245 has front electric heated seats for driver and passenger. Confused the wife when I first bought the car. Had to give her a course on how the controls on the side of her seat worked. She likes the nearly horizontal position with the sunroof open. Claims it's like sunbathing in the back garden.:emoticon-0157-sun:

L&K has electric passenger seat (or at least it does on mine). Heated screen also standard, but for me this is a double-edged sword as it seems to be softer / more easily chipped than my Mk2's non-heated screen. (Happy to be corrected on this, but mine is a mess - and I'm not a tail-gater by any stretch). 

1 hour ago, BriskodaJeff said:

OT (sorry) but @Gizmo did you get the ventilated seats as an option? Or did you retrofit? I thought they only came in with MY 18.

My '16 has them.

Heated screen also has a couple of chips, was like that when I purchased nearly a month ago so time will tell if it's prone to it. 

• Thanks 1

I considered the 280 when I bought mine, 220 but could't really justify the extra £4k.  The rest of the L&K package is brilliant, things I thought about and I could have added but didn't; pano sunroof, reversing camera, ventilated seats.  All a premium that I could do without. The only thing I would really have liked that I couldn't get was the better choice of colours, DG would have been my first choice.

That said as the 220 is no longer available then I would probably end up with a 272, I couldn't drive a tractor with all that noise:worried:

• Haha 1

@ColinD front electric passenger seat is an option for the sportline afaik. Weird but hey ho. Some reviews of the Ateca isn't very complementary on the refinement and ride. I am willing to bet the superb is going to be better. 

Wish you happy hunting. It's the best part :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BriskodaJeff said:

OT (sorry) but @Gizmo did you get the ventilated seats as an option? Or did you retrofit? I thought they only came in with MY 18.

Yes it was an option, mine is a MY16

2 hours ago, ColinD said:

Yes it’s full electric like the drivers seat but without the memory function. 

• Thanks 1

Electric passanger seat was not optional anymore on MY2017. It bcame standards spec. on L&K version. But still without memory function. ;) 

3 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Yes it was an option, mine is a MY16

Yes it’s full electric like the drivers seat but without the memory function. 

That’s most odd as my Dec 2017 L&K (with optioned ventilated seats) does have a memory passenger seat! :nod:

8 minutes ago, john999boy said:

That’s most odd as my Dec 2017 L&K (with optioned ventilated seats) does have a memory passenger seat! :nod:

picture please.

i haven't seen any models with memory electric passenger seat.

unless of course a driver's seat (from the opposite driving side) was retrofitted as the passenger seat.

doesn't make sense either for passenger seat to have memory.

Edited by JR RS

8 hours ago, JR RS said:

picture please.

unless of course a driver's seat (from the opposite driving side) was retrofitted as the passenger seat.

You want a picture of the seat ? Even I can visualise what that would look like lol !

8 hours ago, JR RS said:

picture please.

This came as standard and actually does make a lot of sense.

Previous BMW's (IIRC) had a lesser spec passenger seat though.

1759199140_Driversseat.thumb.jpg.4139c6e5869674f7c728cf4461ee2be3.jpg

799442430_Passengerseat.thumb.jpg.aaafc8a72102e7c3874440d1033c117f.jpg

• Administrators

So the L&K solves the seat problem. SWMBO dispatched to local dealer to try seat just in case.

I'm thinking the 2016.10 L&K one might the one. ok it's seen 45k of miles, unless it's a press car, but heck. In my mind apart from virtual cockpit and the wholly touch radio ( didn't actually like it... where it the volume dial ) it's the same car. Only the new facelift one brings difference, even then it's skin deep.

It's also on 18 cross climates already :D

Thank you @KeteCantek

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, ColinD said:

So the L&K solves the seat problem. SWMBO dispatched to local dealer to try seat just in case.

I'm thinking the 2016.10 L&K one might the one. ok it's seen 45k of miles, unless it's a press car, but heck. In my mind apart from virtual cockpit and the wholly touch radio ( didn't actually like it... where it the volume dial ) it's the same car. Only the new facelift one brings difference, even then it's skin deep.

It's also on 18 cross climates already :D

Thank you @KeteCantek

The 2 infotainment knobs on the 2016 is better ergonomically anyway. The rhs one especially for zooming of maps.