Android Auto loses connectivity

Hi

I have been using Android Auto for a couple of years in my 2017 Octavia no problem but the last month or so it loses connection to the phone every 30 seconds or so. I have to pull the cable and reinsert it.

Tried several cables and both a Galaxy S10 and S8, all behave the same.

Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

Edited by pcolbeck

Probably the actual USB port of the car is noisy. I use the following method to clean USB ports.

I use Philips 390CCS contact cleaner, but any good quality cleaner will do.

Spray some contact cleaner into the cap that comes with the spray can.

Dip USB lead plug into fluid, and then insert into USB port a few times. Allow to dry (About 2 minutes.)

I tried Android Auto with my new Ioniq Hybrid, and thought it was terrible. Very buggy and not as good as using Wi-Fi hotspot.

This is on a Samsung Galaxy a20e 

• Thanks 1

AA had reported to UI improvement at v4.4 but I had that and just got update to 4.5 .

But my 4.4 and 4.5 still have the clunky UI, the UI change can think is for US.

Btw I have a Google pixel 3

Edited by Kenrw8

1 hour ago, TheWanderer said:

I hardly ever use it, its interface is too primitive clunky for my liking.

I prefer it over the carplay one, which looks like it was designed by Tomy.

But, each to their own... :)

I used to get problems with my S8 as the USB C port rapidly filled up with compacted dust and stops the cable seating fully. I solved my issue by digging the dust build up out of the port.

Turned out to be a double fault. Two USB cables that charged the phone OK didnt work well. Tried the one that came with the new phone and that was a lot better. Then I gave the prongs that hold the USB cable into the socket a little tweak with a toothpick and now connection is rock solid. The old cables still dont work though so they are getting binned.

Thanks all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 02/08/2019 at 10:15, TheWanderer said:

Any updates for AA on the play store?

There's now an option in Android Auto settings named 'Try the new Android Auto', it seems like an extended beta ahead of a full rollout.

It changes the UI quite substantially, so I'd say it's worth another look. 👍

3 hours ago, dan245 said:

There's now an option in Android Auto settings named 'Try the new Android Auto', it seems like an extended beta ahead of a full rollout.

It changes the UI quite substantially, so I'd say it's worth another look. 👍

It's quite good. I miss the easy swap between apps of the same type (like swapping from Google music to audible) but the audio controls or map instructions appear at the bottom depending on what you are looking at at the time.