I need Bolero Update :-)

Just now, Spitfire60 said:

Hi pab567!

Did you know if there are any update for my version of bolero?

Can i get smartlink (CarPlay) with an update?

(Sorry for my english I'm from France^^)

Oups,

REFERENCE :5Q0035819B

H30

Medias code: 3141.0.0.1

Does anyone know the latest version for Bolero? I'm on 0435 and when I type my VIN into the portal it says no update available. I bought the car new and ordered the enhanced Canton audio system ,would this screw up their wonderful portal, ie does it think I've got basic audio and therefore no update available?

As ever I've been round the dealer-Skoda-dealer loop several times and they don't have a clue re this stuff.

Edited by chelon

@Panditoto @wouters @Joao_Pereira @BlackRam @DaDoDaDo check your PM

@chelon generic is OK but you must do it from teh Service Menu (long press MENU button). Firmware updates are NOT available via Skoda Update Portal.

@Spitfire60 unfortunately SmartLink cannot be activated for this version - you need to have it replaced. Pls PM me for details.

2 hours ago, pab567 said:

@Panditoto @wouters @Joao_Pereira @BlackRam @DaDoDaDo check your PM

@chelon generic is OK but you must do it from teh Service Menu (long press MENU button). Firmware updates are NOT available via Skoda Update Portal.

@Spitfire60 unfortunately SmartLink cannot be activated for this version - you need to have it replaced. Pls PM me for details.

Thanks, long press, I didn't hear about that one, do you just follow same process after that? Also I'm wondering why they're not available via the portal, if you don't get them there then where?

1 minute ago, pab567 said:

Same process.

Why not available? Ask SKODA...

From where? That's one of my little secrets ;)

Ha ha ok I do have the fw dl on flash card but it wouldn't run, I'll try the long press. Skoda? Neither the dealers nor head office have a clue re this stuff as far as I can see. Why doesn't it appear on the portal?

As I wrote on February 27th:

1. Do you really need an update? Keep in mind there is ALWAYS a risk of bricking the unit (especially MIB1).

2. Format SD card or USB pendrive under FAT32.

3. Unzip software file to SD card or USB pendrive you prepared, Make sure it is unzipped to root folder - all the folders and metainfo file must be placed directly in the root.

4. Start update via service menu (long press MENU button).

2 minutes ago, pab567 said:

As I wrote on February 27th:

1. Do you really need an update? Keep in mind there is ALWAYS a risk of bricking the unit (especially MIB1).

2. Format SD card or USB pendrive under FAT32.

3. Unzip software file to SD card or USB pendrive you prepared, Make sure it is unzipped to root folder - all the folders and metainfo file must be placed directly in the root.

4. Start update via service menu (long press MENU button).

The issues I have are:-

First few seconds of MP3s on flash card are silent (same card works fine in different car, different sw version)

Bluetooth disconnects from time to time

Radio Apps on my phone will continue to play on the car stereo even after the app has been closed (not sure if issue with phone or the car)

Just hoping an update could help these issues?

On 03/04/2020 at 22:41, pab567 said:

No idea... but in such case for sure it's worth to give it a try...

I'm keen to update but now got second thoughts after your warning that the unit could be "bricked"!

Any idea why this happens, if battery is fully charged should it happen? Also if it does happen is only fix to replace it?