Brown Trouser Moment !

Bloody hell ! This morning on a road I have driven on every day since the car was new it did a full on emergency stop. Nothing in front. Nothing on sensor.

If looks could kill the one the lady gave me behind would mean I would be deadder than a dead thing !

This happened to anyone else with no obvious triggers ? 

I was very lucky the car behind managed to stop......

But officer ! The car stopped all by itself ... Yeah right ...

• Like 1

Glad to read that both yourself, the car and the happy lady are safe. 

Was it raining? Were you approaching a bend? Were you approaching road signs/barriers? What about high grass verges or similar? 

Edited by penguin17
  • Like 1

That’s a bit worrying. 

I’ve never had it happen with nothing obvious around, but a few times when there has been a car in the distance which is turning left, and I know it will be long gone by the time I get there, it has braked quite hard and I’ve had to stamp on the throttle. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Glad to read that both yourself, the car and the happy lady are safe. 

Was it raining? Were you approaching a bend? Were you approaching road signs/barriers? What about high grass verges or similar? 

None of the above the motor must have been in the exact spot over 1k times every morning 😞

7 minutes ago, Roottootemoot said:

If it happened with a TESLA it would go viral on the Social Networks and Media,

with anything from the VW Group it is a driver safety aid glitz and to be accepted.  Some driver safety aids are bl00dy dangerous when not really that reliable.

Well this is the first time in nearly 4 years but once one time too many if you get hit up the backside by an artic.... I've had the odd activation in situations like Daveo says but you can predict them and feather the throttle so it's not a prob.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, penguin17 said:

Why do I get the feeling this will lead to a new car 🤔

If that happened then the Mrs would also make sure I needed to replace another part of my anatomy that I'm particularly fond of !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nick_H said:

If that happened then the Mrs would also make sure I needed to replace another part of my anatomy that I'm particularly fond of !

If it's any help. I just bought Mrs P a Fabia 3, lovely little car.  This was because I love her very much and also because I can remind her of this any time I'm being scolded for making an impulsive purchase :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

If it's any help. I just bought Mrs P a Fabia 3, lovely little car.  This was because I love her very much and also because I can remind her of this any time I'm being scolded for making an impulsive purchase :D

Yeah the Mrs has a 10 year old i10 thats still going strong so it's her turn next. Trouble is it's her that buys me my cars 😆

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Nick_H said:

Yeah the Mrs has a 10 year old i10 thats still going strong so it's her turn next. Trouble is it's her that buys me my cars 😆

She’s a keeper 

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, MiniEggs said:

How big doe the thing have to be to set off the sensor ? Could it simply be a large leaf off a tree ? I assume you would have seen a small rodent scurry across the road etc ? Was it at night ?

Concrete Jungle. Ever seen the film Assault on Precinct 13 ? Def not a wee Mousy ! This morning !

1 hour ago, wrecked-looking-guy said:

Is there a bird rammed into your grill?
No, not the George Foreman one....

I simply dare not answer this !! ...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nick_H said:

Bloody hell ! This morning on a road I have driven on every day since the car was new it did a full on emergency stop. Nothing in front. Nothing on sensor.

If looks could kill the one the lady gave me behind would mean I would be deadder than a dead thing !

This happened to anyone else with no obvious triggers ? 

I was very lucky the car behind managed to stop......

But officer ! The car stopped all by itself ... Yeah right ...

This is why I hate that bloody radar, thinks it's smarter than a human brain. Happened once to me on the M1 in my 2016 Superb when some clear poly sheeting was blown across the carriageway and full on emergency braking ensued. Fortunately no vehicle close behind me but very scary when the car thinks your about to have an accident (no I didn't soil my undies).:whew:

1 hour ago, Whenwillilearn said:

I think the dealer will respond this is an isolated case they have not heard of prior and I hope it is. 

This may well be another clever skoda feature i will be switching off.  

Yup exactly how they responded 🙂

Hi all

similar experience for me this evening. The front assist triggered unexpectedly at ~ 40 km/h. Hopefully nobody behind. 

I think the front assist camera has been fooled by 3 white triangles painted on the road just on the front slope of a speed bump (a quite high one, I have to say). Otherwhise, I can’t see any other logical explanation... 🙁🙄🤔

I have the opposite problem (if thats what I can call it)........I get the big red warning on the dash but it doesn't seem to "help" me brake anymore (I'm not unhappy...just curious)

I had this yesterday on a roundabout coming off the M27. Nothing in front of me, but a lorry to my left. Car just suddenly applied the breaks and the red warning sign came on. Also the red warning symbol came on the day before but the brakes weren't applied. Luckily no car behind me!

As I was then driving passed the dealer popped in and has been booked in, in a couple of weeks of time. Didn't seem the slightest bit concerned and just advised to disable for the time being!

• Like 1