Virtual cockpit & rear view camera retrofit guides

gere

Hi all,

I'm looking to retrofit a Virtual cockpit (part nr 565 920 790 A) and Rear View Camera (part nr  57B054634 or 57A827566) to my Karoq 1.6 TDI DSG MY19 with Bolero infotainment, as I've seen many successful retrofits in the forum, but here Skoda dealer won't do this retrofit. Unfortunately I took a car already in the dealer, so couldn't do a custom order.

Can anyone help me with some guide on steps you took for steps to swap the old dials with the new VC & camera and coding steps what to use (e.g. using ODIS-E for initial programming and fine tuning with OBDeleven). Maybe suggestions on what to unmount first, how to remove pieces and what to look for.

I've noticed for example that I must set correctly tires circumference with ODIS to avoid troubles with gears errors, or not forgetting to connect the fiber optic cable to infotainment etc...

The car has 4 years warranty and thought maybe not to do a lot of troubles with it to risk all the warranty :-)

Thanks in advance

Edited by gere

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, TheRoq said:

This video shows what’s involved on the Golf.

Not sure it’s something I’d attempt myself.

Indeed, have seen before and I am not ready to risk it yet, got almost 4 years full within warranty.

Will get installed only the rear view camera from official Skoda dealers either in Bulgaria or N. Macedonia, they both guarantee that camera retrofit won't affect the warranty as it's being made in official Skoda services and using genuine parts. They also quoted me ~320 EUR completed installation (parts + man work + taxes), both at same prices even if different countries...

What's wird is that the official Skoda service/dealer in Albania where I bought my Karoq was initially very reluctant about this retrofit, and after my mutiple queries, they quoted me 1000+ EUR which is outrageous!

Seems that for me is better a 400 or 600Km drive to have reasonable pricing on camera retrofit. Perhaps I should do also routine servicing there once a year...

Does any of you have experience with warranty when servicing indifferent countries from where you originally bought your car? Thanks

• 1 year later...

I bought my karoq 1.6 ambiton on Skoda dealer in Albania. I myself retrofited a steerig wheel with flat bottom end pads end they didnt sey me nothing about that. They liked it end wantd to sell me the steerig for about 600 euro, but i bought it in the Czech Rep. For 270 euro 😁, end fretrofited myself. Yes the periodical service of manutentoon ar to expensiv there, but i want to tak my waranty

Its for a superb but i figure the coding is the same:

not sure if you can display maps in the VC with a bolero. 

Edited by Tin82
Typo

There’s a company in Redditch that carry out retro fits and sell the parts to do it 

https://www.vw-retrofit.co.uk/