Hunt The Card Sockets...

Gonzini

Hi All

Just trying to find the card sockets SD or USB on the new Fabia SE LS

So there's an SD card slot in the glove compartment which has the SatNav card installed.

Only USB socket i can see is next the the cigarette lighter.

Is that all we get as standard or are there any others hidden?

I know there's an option for 2 USB sockets in the rear but i guess they're charging only and no data.

I guess if i need to charge anything can plug a cigarette socket USB charger in if that's all there is.

Is there a separate manual for the Infotainment system or all in the main user manual? (still waiting for spare key and manuals from dealer....)

9 hours ago, RickW said:

That's all I got on my new Fabia. I could do with another SD card socket .

Yeah same, for the music collection. 2 slots in the glove compartment would be useful. I'm sure i saw a pic with 2 USB in the centre console next to the cigarette lighter socket.

Also seems there's a head unit which has an SD slot on the front, not my unit though.

I'm glad it plays FLACs & wavs.

Do you know if there's a separate manual for the Infotainment? I'm still waiting for the spare key and the manuals......

Cheers

I would expect that if your system has NAV, and only 1 SD slot, then it's the kind where the system downloads from the Nav SD card, and then you can take it out and put a "music filled" one instead, but someone might be along soon and correct me

the system I had before in my older Octavia (Amundsen +) was like that

the system in my new Octavia has 2 slots and the Nav card has to stay in one of them for it to work

the system in my wife's '66 Fabia has only one SD slot, but doesn't have NAV.

hopefully when you get the manual you can get clarity. Alternatively post a photo of your headunit and someone might confirm

11 hours ago, Wet Kipper said:

I would expect that if your system has NAV, and only 1 SD slot, then it's the kind where the system downloads from the Nav SD card, and then you can take it out and put a "music filled" one instead, but someone might be along soon and correct me

the system I had before in my older Octavia (Amundsen +) was like that

the system in my new Octavia has 2 slots and the Nav card has to stay in one of them for it to work

the system in my wife's '66 Fabia has only one SD slot, but doesn't have NAV.

hopefully when you get the manual you can get clarity. Alternatively post a photo of your headunit and someone might confirm

Mine looks like pic below. I guess i could try ejecting the Nav SD card and see if it still works.

Its not so bad as I've got a 64GB USB low profile thumb drive in the front slot for music which works fine.

Got the manual and 2nd key today, i had been looking through the PDF version but a printed manual is a bit easier sometimes.

They seem to of stopped giving out the service history log books, guy said they stopped that a while back. Might have to get a generic one for them to stamp.

I guess its all on the database these days... 

maxresdefault.jpg

11 hours ago, gumdrop said:

The Amundsen is in the Manual.

I'll try and have a read up over the weekend. There's quite a lot of stuff to learn about this car, I'm not used to the level of tech on board.

On 14/09/2019 at 08:20, gumdrop said:

Scroll down the L/H column for Infotainment, click on it and it will take you to the R/H column Infotainment pages. Easy?

I'll have a look, not had much time other than quick flicks through the paper manual as things come up.

One thing, does a quick press of the start button turn the ignition on? I was wondering how you turn the ignition on without turning over.

18 hours ago, Gonzini said:

I'll have a look, not had much time other than quick flicks through the paper manual as things come up.

One thing, does a quick press of the start button turn the ignition on? I was wondering how you turn the ignition on without turning over.

Keep your foot of the clutch

1 hour ago, MKOK said:

Keep your foot of the clutch

I tried it this morning, just pressing the start button without depressing the clutch gets the ignition up. Kinda how you would think it would work really.

Next need to work out how to get the front wipers in the maintenance position as you can't lift them up when parked.

I read you have to switch the ignition on then off then hold the wiper stalk down or something. Not sure if that applies to the keyless ignition, i guess so.

14 hours ago, AGFalco said:

Turn Ignition On then Off, then push the wiper stalk to the flick position.

The wipers will then go to the service position.

Thanks AG Falco

Ok thanks, I'll give it try.

I guess once your done, make sure wipers are back on the windscreen and they park up after turning ignition back on again.

8 hours ago, MKOK said:

I haven’t looked at my wipers yet

They are in front of your windscreen. 😉

8 hours ago, Gonzini said:

I guess once your done, make sure wipers are back on the windscreen and they park up after turning ignition back on again.

It is both ignition on and then use the wiper stalk. Unless you left the wipers on when you turned the ignition off.

So if you put the wipers in the service position to hold down a windscreen cover, when it is cold, the blades don't move just by turning the ignition on.

You need to push the wiper stalk to flick or intermittent /on for them to return to their normal resting place.

Thanks AG Falco

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AGFalco said:

They are in front of your windscreen. 😉

It is both ignition on and then use the wiper stalk. Unless you left the wipers on when you turned the ignition off.

So if you put the wipers in the service position to hold down a windscreen cover, when it is cold, the blades don't move just by turning the ignition on.

You need to push the wiper stalk to flick or intermittent /on for them to return to their normal resting place.

Thanks AG Falco

OK that's great info, thanks.

• 3 years later...

After some reading up and a bit of stubborn determination i can confirm that (on my fabia at least) if you take out the glove box you will find the 2nd SD card slot. Made me happy, i moved the nav card into the hidden slot 2, put the glove box back in and tomorrow I'm off to get a 128gb SD card to fill with music 😁

IMG_20230414_183502.jpg

ETA: nice going discovering it though

Wait and see if it works first, and it might be different trim levels get different programing and different years got different hardware and software (wotever those are) - I'd ask pab57.

Edited by nta16
ETA:

I've already tested it, i put the nav card in slot 2 and checked it worked before putting the glove box back in and leaving that card in slot 2 leaving slot 1 free. Navigation is reading fine so all good so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1