Japan beat Ireland

moley

It was one of the best games I have seen for a long time. At times Ireland looked baffled as to how to deal with Japan. It's a long time since I have seen Ireland so out of shape. The atmosphere and passion from the fans in the stadium must have been breathtaking.

• Like 1

Best 2 games so far both covered here, I really enjoyed both performances. Japan and Wales showed real spirit, grit and determination. They must have had this team talk ..

Edited by VRS_White_Hatch
wrong link used !!
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Japan 28 Scotland 21. Japan played 4 won 4. Advance to the last eight for the first time watched by an estimated 50 million home audience. Sounded a cracking game as I had to listen at work unfortunately. Although Sad for Scottish fans this result is great for the Tournament with Japan now facing South Africa in the quarter finals.:thumbup:

2 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Kiwi's v Springboks FINAL.;)

Hmm Ireland were possibly thinking they would be in a NZ V Ire final he he ;) I'm a Wales supporter, France could be an interesting challenge!

Yeah, well sometimes we paddies prefer the more the more difficult route... 

We'll take the Kiwis though....

Wallabies v Springbok final

France v Ireland 3rd place play off.

(Assuming the draw can go that way..... must check the progression chart)

10 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Ireland's centre AKI given 3 match ban effectively ending his participation in this World Cup.:nod:

Yup. Shame, but the tackle was deemed high, that even allowing for the speed involved, he was seen to make no effort to change body position and direct contact shoulder to head. So just has to suck it up now.

On 13/10/2019 at 13:47, shyVRS245 said:

Japan 28 Scotland 21. Japan played 4 won 4. Advance to the last eight for the first time watched by an estimated 50 million home audience. Sounded a cracking game as I had to listen at work unfortunately. Although Sad for Scottish fans this result is great for the Tournament with Japan now facing South Africa in the quarter finals.:thumbup:

Japan won and fully deserved the scoreline.

Scotland show once again that they are a team that are capable but totally inconsistent. They can match the best (at times) but also get shown to be lacking at other times - they were soundly beaten 27-3 by a good Ireland side and were 21 points down in a game where they knew they had to win by a clear margin of 8 points (or secure a BP without Japan getting one). This matches with their performances in the Six nations and Autumn tests.

If that game didn't take too much out of them, I reckon Japan can beat anyone on the day.

56 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

My first 2 predictions come true with England trashing the Aussies (again) and New Zealand easily dispatching Ireland.:thumbup:

Which means England face the All Blacks in the Semi final. :whew:

2 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

My other prediction is All Blacks beating England in the semi.:sadsmile:

Traitor! :D

16 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

South Africa to beat Japan and Wales will beat France. Then SA beat Wales in the other semi.;)

Wales did beat France 20-19, so I guess Macron will have to resign now.:giggle: