New L&k Face lift...Case for rejection!!

panmat

I had mine especially specced, I think the salesman name was Noddy, he mentioned something about a special back to the future menu, sorry folks, must be the beer.

Still in limbo with this problem. Phoned Skoda UK their not interested until DM Kieth (York) has tried to come up with a solution, in the meantime DM Kieth are waiting for various departments at Skoda UK to come up with a solution.

VERY frustrating!!

• Sad 1

On 01/10/2019 at 13:54, ZacDaMan72 said:

No. All you need is the A5 front camera.

You can enable Lane Assist, however dealers are generally not allowed to do these sort of things. If I were you, I'd take the compensation and find someone close to you on the VCDS Map to code it for you. Here are the coding instructions:

STG 17

Long Coding

Byte 04 Bit 6 - checked

Byte 11 Bit 1 - checked

STG A5

Long Coding

Byte 16 Bit 7 - checked

Adaptation - security code 20103

Personalization BAP - not active

Personalization Eingriffszeitpunkt/intervention time - last setting

Personalization of lane dept. warning Cl. 15 on - last setting

STG 44 

Long coding - security code 19249

Byte 04 Bit 4 - active (Lane Assist HCA installed)

OR

Byte 03 Bit 0 - active (Lane Assist installed)

STG 5F

Adaptation

Vehicle Function List BAP-LDW_HCA_0x19 - active

Vehicle Menu operation menu_display_Lane_Departure_Warning - active

Vehicle Menu operation menu_display_Lane_Departure_Warning_over_threshold_high - active

if this can be done request dealer to do it mayby with esxternal service guy and give ypou document that this coding will not affect Warranty!

• Like 1

@panmat is the car on PCP or HP?

If so, in order to speed the process up & use all of your rights, I’d contact VWFS first thing Monday (if you haven’t already). They will be able to assist you in speeding up proceedings to reject the car and open up a case with Skoda UK. 

1 hour ago, GoneToBeemer said:

@panmat is the car on PCP or HP?

If so, in order to speed the process up & use all of your rights, I’d contact VWFS first thing Monday (if you haven’t already). They will be able to assist you in speeding up proceedings to reject the car and open up a case with Skoda UK. 

Thanks for the suggestion, be looking into this on Monday. 

On 01/10/2019 at 12:54, ZacDaMan72 said:

No. All you need is the A5 front camera.

You can enable Lane Assist, however dealers are generally not allowed to do these sort of things. If I were you, I'd take the compensation and find someone close to you on the VCDS Map to code it for you. Here are the coding instructions:

STG 17

Long Coding

Byte 04 Bit 6 - checked

Byte 11 Bit 1 - checked

STG A5

Long Coding

Byte 16 Bit 7 - checked

Adaptation - security code 20103

Personalization BAP - not active

Personalization Eingriffszeitpunkt/intervention time - last setting

Personalization of lane dept. warning Cl. 15 on - last setting

STG 44 

Long coding - security code 19249

Byte 04 Bit 4 - active (Lane Assist HCA installed)

OR

Byte 03 Bit 0 - active (Lane Assist installed)

STG 5F

Adaptation

Vehicle Function List BAP-LDW_HCA_0x19 - active

Vehicle Menu operation menu_display_Lane_Departure_Warning - active

Vehicle Menu operation menu_display_Lane_Departure_Warning_over_threshold_high - active

I see what you mean but it's a big risk imo - if they've managed to get it so wrong, how do you know a physical part is not missing?

I'm not talking about the camera I mean small unnoticed things such as any extra wiring/fuses. The option may not even show up (or work) in VCDS.

This needs a proper fix, send it back

3 hours ago, drewellis said:

This needs a proper fix, send it back

If only that were so simple, over a week now with no further info from the dealer, tried VWFS their not interested (just put a note on), Skoda UK not interested contracts with the dealer..............

I had a problem with a Qashaqi a few years back after I purchased it (2nd hand) from Westway Nissan. Got repeatedly ignored by the supplying dealer Found the address of the head honcho for Westway and emailed him. I didn't go overboard but clearly stated dates and peoples responses - he called me back within 30 mins and got the matter resolved. 

Not sure if you've tried this approach ?  

• Like 2

As per above. I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if you already have this info. The published email contact for the company MD is as below. (i.e not the local branch management but the group boss)

Hope it helps you get resolution asap

[email protected]

Also a copy of advice when writing to a CEO or MD, (courtesy of the interwebthingy)

• Be polite.
  • If you are able to say something good about the company before you express your disappointment, do it. It's a great way to get your reader on side.
  • Stick to the facts. Try not to let any emotion or judgment spill out.
  • Don't use threats.
  • Shorter is better. Keep the information concise and to the point.
  • Include any customer reference numbers or invoice numbers you have.
  • Include a brief history of the issue and any correspondence so far, if it's helpful.
  • Use names of people you have spoken to if you have them.
  • Do not accept being passed back to customer services, unless it's with a named person and with a promise of follow-up.
  • Explain clearly what you want as a solution or outcome.
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, panmat said:

If only that were so simple, over a week now with no further info from the dealer, tried VWFS their not interested (just put a note on), Skoda UK not interested contracts with the dealer..............

Hi mate, if the car is on finance then VWFS are required to help you - it’s them that owns the car until the finance is paid off. I’d give them another call and be more firm (not suggesting you haven’t already), but often you get the odd idiot on the phone who either a) doesn’t know their liability in matters like this, or b) can’t be arsed to help and fob you off with excuses. 

Hope you get a resolve soon - as mentioned above, be firm but be factual and assertive. I would be sending emails and calling every day to get a resolve at a minimum. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sagalout said:

As per above. I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if you already have this info. The published email contact for the company MD is as below. (i.e not the local branch management but the group boss)

[email protected]

Also a copy of advice when writing to a CEO or MD, (courtesy of the interwebthingy)

• Be polite.
  • If you are able to say something good about the company before you express your disappointment, do it. It's a great way to get your reader on side.
  • Don't use threats.
  • Include a brief history of the issue and any correspondence so far, if it's helpful.
  • Do not accept being passed back to customer services, unless it's with a named person and with a promise of follow-up.

Have just gone down this route, thanks for the info

20 minutes ago, GoneToBeemer said:

Hi mate, if the car is on finance then VWFS are required to help you - it’s them that owns the car until the finance is paid off. I’d give them another call and be more firm (not suggesting you haven’t already), but often you get the odd idiot on the phone who either a) doesn’t know their liability in matters like this, or b) can’t be arsed to help and fob you off with excuses. 

Hope you get a resolve soon - as mentioned above, be firm but be factual and assertive. I would be sending emails and calling every day to get a resolve at a minimum. 

Yes finally got a reply from the dealer who informed me that I should get in contact with VWFS and that it could be a very slow process but in the meantime keep driving the car.

Well that makes me feel loads better...... NOT.

And thanks for the support

22 hours ago, panmat said:

It’s nonsense, you’ve got a cooling off period right? Ask for all your money back and remind them that they are obliged to do so, within a certain time period. Also mention the newspaper, it sounds babyish but my friend had a similar issue with his new Scirocco a few years back. He told them he would go to the Gazette and report this totally unfair situation - much like yours - and they paid up. Local businesses rely on local customers, and if they’ve been slated in the news they’ll lose revenue 

• Like 3

On 07/10/2019 at 17:23, Sagalout said:

[email protected]

• Be polite.
  • Don't use threats.

This indeed got the ball rolling, by 11:00 am had got a very positive reply from the MD.

In fact very positive.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, drewellis said:

It’s nonsense, you’ve got a cooling off period right? Ask for all your money back and remind them that they are obliged to do so, within a certain time period. Also mention the newspaper, it sounds babyish but my friend had a similar issue with his new Scirocco a few years back. He told them he would go to the Gazette and report this totally unfair situation - much like yours - and they paid up. Local businesses rely on local customers, and if they’ve been slated in the news they’ll lose revenue 

Thanks for the info, might not have to down this avenue, just come away from a meeting with all the big wigs, and things look a lot more promising.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, panmat said:

Thanks for the info, might not have to down this avenue, just come away from a meeting with all the big wigs, and things look a lot more promising.

Sounds good! Always best if things can be resolved amicably 

40 minutes ago, panmat said:

Just to confirm DM Keith have honoured the rejection, I keep the car until a new one is built to my spec, more than likely early next year. 

So at the moment and fingers crossed going to order my new car tomorrow.

A very big thanks to all who have invested the time and contributions and helped me on my way.😉

Great news! Glad you’ve got a resolve that’s not leaving out out of pocket, or without a car!

56 minutes ago, panmat said:

Just to confirm DM Keith have honoured the rejection, I keep the car until a new one is built to my spec, more than likely early next year. 

So at the moment and fingers crossed going to order my new car tomorrow.

A very big thanks to all who have invested the time and contributions and helped me on my way.😉

Result! Congratulations on getting it sorted, even though it was a painful process. 

And fair play to the dealer (eventually). Everyone cocks up sometimes - it's how you recover the situation that matters. Yours seems to have done you proud in the end. Good on them:).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Result! Congratulations on getting it sorted, even though it was a painful process. 

And fair play to the dealer (eventually). Everyone cocks up sometimes - it's how you recover the situation that matters. Yours seems to have done you proud in the end. Good on them:).

Yes to be quite honest if they're as good as their word, in the meeting and any contact afterwards they made me feel as if I were the most important person in the world.