Lowering

First of all I apologise if this has been asked before which it most likely has. 

I have a skoda octavia 13 plate 

1.4tsi elegance whuch has a rigid axel

I'm looking to get it lowered but for the life of me can't find out which springs I need as so many shops say different things, would love it if someone could help me out. 

5 hours ago, Woody879 said:

1.4tsi elegance whuch has a rigid axel

This is the Eibach part number I bought for my 1.2tsi, also rigid axel:

Eibach Pro-Kit Performance Spring Kit E10-79-010-03-22

11 hours ago, Woody879 said:

I guess it's alot more difficult to work out as I'm worried the weight difference in 1.2 and the 1. 4 affects the springs 

Those springs are for all rigid axel mk3 Octavias, regardless of engine used, including the 1.6tdi which is even heavier than yours, the only other option from Eibach is for IRS versions.

Edited by jbastos

Apologies for the highjack.

I've been going round in circles with this.  I had Bilstein B6 shocks fitted earlier in the year due to the originals being on the way out and I could afford the upgrade.  I had intended on getting lowering springs down the line but the more recent advice is use B8 shocks with lowering springs.  This is where I get confused.  The B12 kit comes in 2 flavours, pro and sport with the respective eibach springs offering 30mm or 50mm lowering and the B8 shocks.  Until 18-24 months ago the kits used B6 shocks for the pro kit and B8's for the sport.  

To add to the confusion, it is standard practice to fit pro kit springs to oem shocks.

TLDR:

So, does someone know the final answer if pro kit (30mm drop) springs will work with B6 shocks as they are the same height as oem shocks.  If not, why not? 

Also, would the B6 shocks with a 30mm drop offer a more compliant ride than B8 with 30mm due to there being more 'headroom' for the shock to push the wheel in holes etc?

the valving (firmness) of B6 and B8 shocks will be same and the only difference will be the piston length, hence if you were going to lower 50mm the shorter B8 ones would be better.  B6 will be fine with a 30mm drop and don't see any benefit in upgrading to B8 as the ride will be same as the only difference is the shorter piston length between the two shocks.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

20190409_181020.jpg.80a388c76a0678183b2825767f39227e.jpg

same as Sasha on eagle F1s, ive switched to bigger Michelin PS4 235 and there is rubbing over bigger bumps. The side wall is considerably taller.

Do you also use spacers? I need to reduce my rear arch gap, it genuinely infuriates me.

• 1 month later...