New Octavia 2020 vRS?

uno234

Got the car finally to show you how it looks in night & and here is cold vs warm start plus pass by. Enjoy! :)

• Like 1

The hybrid version particularly on 18" winter wheels looks like an off roader such is the very high ride height. My diesel SEL Superb looks sportier for example with smaller wheel arch gaps. Doesn't have the 15mm lower Vrs suspension of the 2.0 litre version.

3 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

They have some proper guff wheel options on the continent. Certainly a good move by Skoda UK to only offer the 19”s. 

you read my mind! The black 18s look better but still not befitting  of a sports saloon. Mind you I’m not that keen on UK 19s with the grey rather than black inserts like on my 245.

Edited by ima

On 25/11/2020 at 20:49, Dr_Pepper said:

Thanks for this - but presumably the main advantage of PCP is that people can own a brand new car without having to invest so much money into it up front. Plus, ridiculously, PCP total payment is now almost always cheaper than cash, which is a scandal really as - I assume - this isn't for skoda's short term gain but their long time as people who sign up to PCP are much more likely to 'buy' another at the end of the term than people who pay cash.

I'm ordering a new VRS manual estate at the moment and the PCP total cost is cheaper than cash - is there any reason why not to take it?

No reason I can think of.  I just had a wee bit of a nightmare - I had a £25k settlement which I intended to pay over 2days ( I have a £20K transfer limit on my bank account ). Paid the £5k one day but then, to cut a long story short, there was a screw up on my bank account and for the next 6 working days, I wasn't able to transfer money in or out.  In the meantime, the first monthly PCP payment of £500 was withdrawn by VWFS.   It's all settled now, eventually transferred the remaining £20k and the £500 was refunded. Whatever you do, if you're settling, don't cancel the direct debit you setup when arranging the PCP.

You can use the VWFS website to manage your PCP which is really good - you can change payment dates, request different terms or as I did, request the settlement figure. What it doesn't do is when you do settle, is update the balance so you have to speak with them. Something I thought quite funny yesterday - VWFS covers all brands in the VW empire so when I called the Skoda phone number and nobody answered, the system automatically put me thru to Bentley :D   I'd imagine there won't be too many Bentley owners calling up to settle early. :biggrin:   I got thinking it's probably the same person at the end of the phone line, they just put on a posher accent. 

It'd save a heck of a lot of time and disruption if the same discounts were available for cash buyers but I'm not complaining - I'm more than willing to use anybodies rules if it's to my advantage.

Edited by Guest

16 minutes ago, vrskeith said:

For me this paragraph neatly how illustrates the "official" emissions and fuel consumption figures will be meaningless for the majority of owners:

Finally, the on-paper economy figures might look impressive, but in everyday driving the reality will be quite different. Keep the batteries topped up and it’ll find between 20-25 miles before exhausting the 13kWh battery pack, but for longer distances in hybrid mode, it’ll reach 41-42mpg, tops, only a few more than would be reasonably expected from the 242bhp petrol, and no doubt down on the TDI diesel. The vRS iV, like all plug-ins, has a window of ideal usage, but if your journeys often fall out of this window benefits are likely to be limited to ones derived from the DVLA. 

• Like 1