fabia Vrs mk1 1.9tdi ASZ

Hey, sorry if this topic already there. I need help choosing right parts for the car.
So I currently got stage 1 map. Wanting to get 250hp now. Don't want to spend alot on clutch looking for clutch up to 300pounds
. Want to keep stock injectors.
Currently got: 
straight pipe 2.5inch.
1 stage remap
induction kit
egr delete
getting bigger brakes soon and single mass flywheel and pd150 headbolts.

Mainly looking for right clutch now. I can get things cheaper as I work in trade and all parts gonna fit myself so thinking to spend up to 1500 pounds for parts and remap. (Don't hate im still an apprentice and its my first car so trying to find parts cheaper when possible)
 Looking for:
Clutch ( I will get flywheel separately) Don't want paddle clutch as its hard to drive for a daily car. Found some on ebay not sure if any good. Found ''DRIVETORQUE'' ANY GOOD?
I will buy 1756 turbo - if its not good enough please let me know.
Intercooler - found one on ebay . What pipework diameter do I need?
 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INTERCOOLER-FMIC-BOOST-HARD-PIPES-KIT-FOR-SKODA-FABIA-6Y2-1-9TDI-VRS-PD130-02-07/383136133512?hash=item5934b17188:g:0rkAAOSwul9dbzRz

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminium-Intercooler-For-Skoda-Fabia-VRS-Seat-Sport-VW-Polo-1-9TDI-Diesel/132976365989?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item1ef60251a5:g:pMcAAOSwfCZcfKBO&enc=AQAEAAACUBPxNw%2BVj6nta7CKEs3N0qUspCEKQHJNjYNSGOBfhO7IaYjeQ8tCsHMMqwxXeETzZ40mkwe3hegBNSfYOTz2I5%2F17WmaGVK5k79J1W7Hmi4CvisSKO7ejMbI7fE54cthz9qvkRHNHRmx8un57Soh1H66FKOFDvna7QjCz%2BuqtAnJLyLNVWAvqQUrfePlN8GuvS8GnsIQZfoUujMrCQU3QwE%2Fscus1jc9bPjsZwoxoopFQ4EY4m%2FGxgxlap9Qxk7kkv%2BvjSaFqNdyIQNNOJWw7B4SUYYeCS%2B1ed8PkFvxFC%2Bv6dOApgpjzrYSWn9bWyn2%2B%2B0ChmfvwdRLbXAVS4qeOcJ6zd0rHwMojG7HDUbRagO4f5nmTLjwRTvYVBYLtSnn5ZozoJNsEh2MKL0UDHGpo6nG3QlJtmPH3OvvRy%2FJQI5mdpGzgG0hyJzRlDvJOFX4KJxU3uTHtQtZZad40btZdPbKwrqvznyWmWu%2B2cyvt3xHQC2hckCsGHZalqgAblGoJgOMdwQ076AfipwSLXZNY7Nay0sdEd2ZvImWufqYznqplTH44PZ0ISCLVNL5Ezv0MfuNLWPCBjbe%2BpjqSKSGsVIjBJ4PeoxSkd1TAR6lbGWqaNwDQ%2BO9zx5Yn4P94fAdSCFbwrYkjuIg5tt7FJY3MOjUMAUqLJMeFsHVbUMWjw46gmvdARgWNLyug6qKSt5h9agh3Rdl3pVux35MS0QrzstkUCOBnVjh1bRIzL00dVGjHOKxg%2FRf6PRpeIPVVgza6HoJzXNUtPMFEdRKW3qx1Hc%3D&checksum=13297636598928eaa8856ae04022ac1e3c26d5993c8b

Help would be much appreciated. Thanks alot. 

Edited by Gita_Monroe

You'll need a 1756, FMIC, 4 bar MAP sensor and a remap. You'll get about 240bhp, Sachs SRE clutch is highly recommended, Bobby no name clutches notsomuch, fit a new DMF if you want it quiet, SMF if you don't care about the racket or gearbox reliability.

Your parts budget is probably unrealistic though.

• Like 1

Stock injectors are only good for 230/240bhp max. 

I found my paddle clutch perfectly fine for a day driver but of you want something that will last you'll need to spend money.

With flywheel again a good brand dmf will be fine, smf is noisy and will damage the gearbox over time.

Remember to sort handling out too. 

Thanks guys. I found dmf flywheel and clutch one is 200 another 400? 😓  These clutches dont seem to be for stage 2 obviously, just giving as an example. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-IV-MK4-1-9TDi-Clutch-Kit-inc-Solid-Flywheel-DMF-Conversion-CSC/174083209870?fits=Car+Make%3ASkoda|Model%3AFabia+I|Cars+Type%3A1.9+TDI+RS|Plat_Gen%3A6Y2|Cars+Year%3A2003|BodyStyle%3AHatchback|Variant%3A6Y2+[1999-2008]+Hatchback|Engine%3A1896ccm+130HP+96KW+(Diesel)&hash=item28882afa8e:g:0lkAAOSwIRhdvwso

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-FABIA-I-HATCHBACK-1-9-TDI-RS-VALEO-CONVERSION-KIT-AND-ALIGN-TOOL/372764646949?fits=Car+Make%3ASkoda|Model%3AFabia+I|Cars+Type%3A1.9+TDI+RS|Plat_Gen%3A6Y2|Cars+Year%3A2003|BodyStyle%3AHatchback|Variant%3A6Y2+[1999-2008]+Hatchback|Engine%3A1896ccm+130HP+96KW+(Diesel)&hash=item56ca811e25:g:oYkAAOSwJAdddjfB

I been told that duel mass original flywheel may last a year or so? the guy got 280hp vauxhall with saab engine and kept his original dual mass flywheel so far so good 2nd year now.
Some people say injectors fine up to 270hp? 😮 I heard common opinion that its up to 230-240hp. Any problems if i try push it to 250hp? I know that my budget sounds unreal. Got bigger calipers from my another car . Thinking about cheap intercooler with pipework and other bits isnt much as a problem to get. I know most expensive is turbo with clutch thats why asking you guys if you know any middle range turbo or clutch I could get. So its not cheapest and worst but just alright to have it fitted and would do the job. Thanks appreciate your help. Dont need it to last over 2-3 years probably will get scraped by then :D 

Edited by Gita_Monroe

Yeah, I'd probably give that a miss if I were you, a lot of bad press on here for those CG kits.

Please try and ignore the whole "Stage 1, stage 2" crap, it's just meaningless marketing drivel. You want a quality clutch from a reputable manufacturer unless you want to spend half your waking hours under the thing instead of driving it.

• Like 2

Guest BigJase88

I have a feeling this is going to end in tears.....

you need either a sachs or helix clutch on it, and your talking around £800-1000. If you cannot afford to buy the correct parts i suggest you do not bother.

sell the car and buy something fast out of the box, 3.0l diesel audi or bmw for example

It's really simple, yours is a well trodden path on this forum, you can't cut corners on the parts, your trade connections can't help because the parts are not available wholesale and there's nothing new and exciting because these cars are nearly 20 years old now.

It's your first car, you're an apprentice, most of your wages are probably already getting swallowed by the insurance and with these mods they'll be wanting the lot.

Do yourself a favour, just replace the worn out clutch and flywheel, service and maintain it according to schedule, if you're feeling ambitious try the FMIC conversion in the new year.

Buy your mum a proper nice Christmas pressie with that new credit card instead of spunking it all on oily bits for the motah.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

It's really simple, yours is a well trodden path on this forum, you can't cut corners on the parts, your trade connections can't help because the parts are not available wholesale and there's nothing new and exciting because these cars are nearly 20 years old now.

It's your first car, you're an apprentice, most of your wages are probably already getting swallowed by the insurance and with these mods they'll be wanting the lot.

Do yourself a favour, just replace the worn out clutch and flywheel, service and maintain it according to schedule, if you're feeling ambitious try the FMIC conversion in the new year.

Buy your mum a proper nice Christmas pressie with that new credit card instead of spunking it all on oily bits for the motah.  

Thats the best advice - I went through all this with a Cavvy 25 years ago and its a slippery slope. The feckin thing near enough bankrupted me... Im 48 now with a Fabia vRS and the temptation to go down the route of modding is pulling at me - My clutch and gearbox are both "getting tired" so im going to drive with mechanical sympathy until near failure, then get an SRE clutch and new DMF. Only upgrade as stuff wears out - no point in throwing away perfectly serviceable parts. Keep a bit aside lad for a nice hol with your mates and just keep the Fabs clean and up to scratch and dont go blowing £££££ on stuff you dont really need ..  

• Like 1

Guest BigJase88

Do not waste your money.

if you wanted to mod it on the cheap best option is

pd150 turbo

homemade intercooler setup

312mm brakes

custom remap.

that would see you 190bhp which is waaaay fast enough for a first car and will shift.

to get to 250bhp safely you are talking about 4 grand+ and spending that on at least a 10 year old car worth about 2 grand is a case of throwing good money after bad

Don't listen to everyone on here it's your car so do whatever you want with it, I have done 240bhp for a lot less than 4k but you have to expect some hiccups along the way (and extra expense).

Look at Valeo SMF conversion for the clutch/flywheel, if your in the trade you will get them for under £300, people appear to have some success with them when running more power.

I have messed with cars since I was 15 and don't regret any of it, if I had listened to people and not done so I might have saved a load of money (and wasted it on something else) but I would have missed out on all the fun and enjoyment I have had.

So my advice is don't take life advice from strangers on the internet (technical advice is fine if you can filter the good from the bad) just do your own thing.   

Exactly what Jase said.  Big numbers are great for bragging to your mates about until it goes pop or you run out of handling, brakes or talent. A well set up car with a bit less power will be quicker day to day though.

Add a Whiteline RARB to stop the sudden snap oversteer from catching you out, and some decent suspension (Eibachs/Bilsteins work well). 

If you want to save a few quid, a chipped ECU isn't as good as a proper map, but its by no means a bad choice so long as you can listen to what your engine's saying. 

On 08/11/2019 at 07:51, VanhireBoys said:

Thats the best advice - I went through all this with a Cavvy 25 years ago and its a slippery slope. The feckin thing near enough bankrupted me... Im 48 now with a Fabia vRS and the temptation to go down the route of modding is pulling at me - My clutch and gearbox are both "getting tired" so im going to drive with mechanical sympathy until near failure, then get an SRE clutch and new DMF. Only upgrade as stuff wears out - no point in throwing away perfectly serviceable parts. Keep a bit aside lad for a nice hol with your mates and just keep the Fabs clean and up to scratch and dont go blowing £££££ on stuff you dont really need ..  

Nah, screw that, do the things you want to do while you're young before life gets serious, and keep doing them as long as you can. As long as what you're doing is safe - enjoy life!

That said, I've never grown up. I'm running a lightly modded (about 170bhp) VRS as my daily, doing 30k a year working for myself. Yeah, sometimes stuff breaks, but that's an excuse to put something better on.... and to go to work on the bike until I fix it.

3 minutes ago, duck said:

RARB increases the chance of 'snap oversteer' when cornering and shutting the throttle or braking, it does not reduce it. 

True, but it also reduces the risk of it happening because you're giving it that much beans round a corner that the inside wheel goes light... done that, it's not fun.

Edited by StevesTruck

Guest BigJase88

When i was running a hybrid pd150 (about 10 years ago now) i was forever having issues on a car with sub 50k miles on the clock and 10 years younger

i blew the stock dmf which in turn took the gearbox. Pushed the main shaft straight out of the end of the box, along with countless boost hoses popping off, intercooler pipes chaffing through.

the gearbox issue cost me £450 for a 2nd hand box and £880 for a helix clutch and dmf, and fitting ontop.

it is not a cheap route to go and like i said if you want it done properly you are talking 4k plus as simple as that.

I would have to agree to disagree then (which is fine by me) as for £4k+ I think 300bhp or more is easily possible. 

My 240bhp cost:

£1100 for turbo/manifold/downpipe/oil feed and return/gaskets

£500 for airtec fmic

£250 for custom map

£900 for smf and sachs SRE clutch

I think it is possible to do it cheaper than that even now. 

I fitted it all properly and had no issues since, no problems with hoses popping off or chaffing through, done 35,000 miles so far on it as an everyday driver and the car is now on 165,000 miles. 

The main thing is the lad can do what he wants as it's all a learning experience for him. 

I don't listen I always do what I think is alright anyways thats my personality . I do appreciate all advices I do look into it. I got technical info from Dealer I work so I know how much power parts can take. its just the opinion about upgraded parts. Advices do help . So Today i have decided to remap it to 180hp. Previous remmap was for the same car but different ECU (160hp) . Everything was increased, Even injectors were spraying more fuel when car is idling so the map I had was awful, had misfire too. My car runs smooth and can feel the power increase. I know sooner or later will need clutch as i pushed it to the limit, its not a problem to me I can replace it myself at any time. Noticed that got boost leak from the pipework so Decided to get custom made pipework cos they all moving and I though I should replace them all. I found pipework which is same price as small front mount inter cooler . I know its first stage remap so its not much power so no idea if its worth putting slightly bigger inter cooler on when it runs 180hp ish? If yes then which would be best 2.25 or 2.5 ? Thanks Once boost leak sorted Hope more power gonna show up .Then will take it on dyno just to see readings. Paid so cheap for my first remap so have learned that if you pay less you pay twice :D

So now im stuck what I want to do ... new pipework or.. new front mount intercooler with pipework 2.25 or 2.5. I know this kit needs different pipework cos of clips to the turbo just showing example of intercooler. Gave up with boost pipes they keep poping off ! 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Front-Mount-Intercooler-Kit-FMIC-57mm-2-25-BLACK-HOSES-550x140x65-Core/302629831119?epid=20034910762&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item467624c1cf:g:SyMAAOSwy5BZoZYT&enc=AQAEAAACQBPxNw%2BVj6nta7CKEs3N0qXYfamk%2FW47sN%2FTZVBT0z2ZiWhQIpZdHJng7867GMN2uqWk3YivT33TqiYFjAHfYU%2FIePerKE3lsmA25dYmXO4A64YVYM9MG2j1tBExD37keth3XvjPBu28okZlAjsScy7POP91kHBwDwEjI49jBfMR4Q0feEro7eMze41rMlB5Hiy3G76byYn10xX1Yf8g8RgmabzwDbPxkiJ8i3BZK8hk3eFiRd%2FewfLU2koZSFkgKU5sRYXqX23LaR0nfAIZXVFSaChz2WW6Hadq9qUPqeQEfxhDCza37lGj54pj2DB3U4Oms4EY8nE3x4bmTPLoS9ahOfamAa8WM9JoyyRH0i6BtWYw%2BgkxRifLg5n4EbnS0sOYc355m1U%2F6%2FEw%2FPGgO3rsqYH2S%2BI%2BwHEYKZbhPFdDBAP1h6iJyEMpOdA5SG6hmVkRupyaDU08uTmsB4salk6TmeYOS5m%2Fte1iL9JmzwNTXAYVcAXgMdvvSth3WrujBd%2BF8LBKQH9ghVcswYRNyUkCNZqZaY5IUbeWxHDldWid8%2BzaJS7NyJFAgD6ngL3EwC8D9zs9MYhXQ1tUb%2B95RTBgU9FICbap7nnjS8W0tJZRK9KewAixFTfJJCEXcIVGZG5YWyVGVHLDbzYKCf%2FJH3pXGMU6Jy34wgwLFP4WE4Knc%2Bn0F%2FoAf83qlKOdjg0d2qcA46sadMVrOmM5QsOWRIrR6OtktIglDLLfxctzq%2Fmiz%2BREIH3zw1cEbnjZTNBF%2FA%3D%3D&checksum=302629831119aabfa96765604be0aa276c0374215e89&enc=AQAEAAACQBPxNw%2BVj6nta7CKEs3N0qXYfamk%2FW47sN%2FTZVBT0z2ZiWhQIpZdHJng7867GMN2uqWk3YivT33TqiYFjAHfYU%2FIePerKE3lsmA25dYmXO4A64YVYM9MG2j1tBExD37keth3XvjPBu28okZlAjsScy7POP91kHBwDwEjI49jBfMR4Q0feEro7eMze41rMlB5Hiy3G76byYn10xX1Yf8g8RgmabzwDbPxkiJ8i3BZK8hk3eFiRd%2FewfLU2koZSFkgKU5sRYXqX23LaR0nfAIZXVFSaChz2WW6Hadq9qUPqeQEfxhDCza37lGj54pj2DB3U4Oms4EY8nE3x4bmTPLoS9ahOfamAa8WM9JoyyRH0i6BtWYw%2BgkxRifLg5n4EbnS0sOYc355m1U%2F6%2FEw%2FPGgO3rsqYH2S%2BI%2BwHEYKZbhPFdDBAP1h6iJyEMpOdA5SG6hmVkRupyaDU08uTmsB4salk6TmeYOS5m%2Fte1iL9JmzwNTXAYVcAXgMdvvSth3WrujBd%2BF8LBKQH9ghVcswYRNyUkCNZqZaY5IUbeWxHDldWid8%2BzaJS7NyJFAgD6ngL3EwC8D9zs9MYhXQ1tUb%2B95RTBgU9FICbap7nnjS8W0tJZRK9KewAixFTfJJCEXcIVGZG5YWyVGVHLDbzYKCf%2FJH3pXGMU6Jy34wgwLFP4WE4Knc%2Bn0F%2FoAf83qlKOdjg0d2qcA46sadMVrOmM5QsOWRIrR6OtktIglDLLfxctzq%2Fmiz%2BREIH3zw1cEbnjZTNBF%2FA%3D%3D&checksum=302629831119aabfa96765604be0aa276c0374215e89

Guest BigJase88

Intercooler helps no end even at remapped power. At remapped power the stock smic overheats and you will likely only get one good sprint before you start to feel heat soak.

try find a kit designed for an ibiza pd engine and then will be less work as they are more or less the same setup. Ibiza does have a different crashbar (smaller) so may need to change that too as not much room behind the fabia one.

i cannot remember what size i used. Going to take a guess at 57mm (long time ago) (2.25”)

Edited by BigJase88

Guest BigJase88

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F233154251101

thats the one i used (well i had the seat sport genuine one) and the 1st pic is of my car that they have robbed from somewhere 😂

can even see the seat sport writing on the right hand side

and if you buy this pipekit you will be close to fitting, you may have to butcher the fabia crashbar or get your hands on an ibiza one.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F152787111235

Edited by BigJase88

thanks, this intercooler you showed me . Is it alright to use that size? they seem to be quite big for 180hp? I heard that too much air gonna be going into turbo which is any good if its too big. I know there are some formulas to count diameter, and air going into car ect. to get to know what is the right intercooler for the power? Maybe im wrong. Im just abit comfused what size do I need