dream wheels for Kodiaq

Not a fan of Carlos Fandango wheels.

I would choose these with 235x55x18 Continental all season contact tyres fitted and should come as standard or at least an option.

5BF5CEA0-5522-461B-8F2B-2368E496F3AE.png

9 hours ago, chrisluciofg said:

money no object, which rims would you choose for your Kodiaq ? from any manufacturer. post pics pls

Alcar 9021 steel rims 18 holes (same specification and appearance as Skoda Kodiaq OEM) 6.5Jx17 ET38 5x112 57.1

mytyres £43.90

oponeo £59

https://www.oponeo.co.uk/steel-wheel/alcar-kfz-9021#21010346

I can't post a link for mytyres as it doesn't work, but mytyres are usually cheaper for steel rims than oponeo.

Edited by Carlston

I would keep it simple go for grey (as always get covered in grey road dirt)

17 inch with good winter tyres (as you are asking in December) or all seasons

https://www.felgenoutlet.com/en/alloy-wheels-tyres-packages/skoda-kodiaq-sport-utility-vehicle_vf_36_8418607_1/dezent-td-graphite-matt_ff_2_2?possible_rim_id=4987

The problem with grey / anthracite wheels is that they look dirty all year round, whether they actually are or not.

At least with silver they look half decent during the summer months.

A compromise is anthracite, but with some silver so at least they reflect some light.

I am biased, but one of the main attractions of the Scout were the OEM Crater's...

Related image

IMG_0350.thumb.JPG.cc4cde97c00c4c1fe0b8a56eafb7cdb5.JPG

Unfortunately non-genuine wheels always look too 'Halfords' for me.

I loathe the look of anything but thoroughly silver - black wheels especially, which make me expect a cherry-bomb exhaust sticking out of the back, and a blasting of raucous bass beat all across the street, driven by some bloke with sunglasses on on a rainy February day ...

Within the wide choice of silver wheels, I'd choose something sporty looking, but with not too many spokes and a minimum numbers of separately facetted surfaces, because they are then so much easier to keep clean.  

Black gloss triglav do me

20191117_154526.jpg

Minus cherry-bomb exhaust sticking out of the back, and a blasting of raucous bass beat all across the street, driven by some bloke with sunglasses on on a rainy February day.... 

Edited by AndyMorris

31 minutes ago, AndyMorris said:

Black gloss triglav do me

20191117_154526.jpg

Minus cherry-bomb exhaust sticking out of the back, and a blasting of raucous bass beat all across the street, driven by some bloke with sunglasses on on a rainy February day.... 

are you the Autotrader reviewer dude ? your black Triglavs look the biz

1 minute ago, chrisluciofg said:

are you the Autotrader reviewer dude ? your black Triglavs look the biz

Na not me fella, what gave you that impression? 

24 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

Unusual photo opportunity, in a graveyard :D

Well it was dead quiet so I thought I'd take a quick pic.... 

• Haha 1

The standard discs and pads make a serious mess and it’s rusty brown colour so on dark wheels looks terrible mine start to look Matt brown after a while luckily they are very easy to clean 

Although Diamond cut anthracite or black wheel look great they soon start looking bad due to poor lacquer application, especially on sharp edges.

My other pet hate is where the alloy is parallel or slightly proud of the tyres making kerbing of the alloys inevitable. Low profile tyres with almost no sidewall don’t help and also have a poorer ride quality. Definitely style over substance.

Also its some form of torture to clean some alloys especially if you want to reach the inner wheel rim which is of course visible.

So my ideal alloys therefore would be hard to kerb, easy to clean, durable and good looking!

Edited by Greenliner1
Typo

12 hours ago, Briggo said:

Christ you lot are a barrel of laughs.

"Money no object what would you buy?" ... "Steel rims" 

🤣

Money no object - and you buy a Kodiaq ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The brakes on the front wheels are super soft so they gather alot of brake dust. 
Honestly standard rims for any car dont really do it for me, makes the car look stock. 

Im looking to get these for my white kodiaq Sportline.

628-510x476.jpg

4 hours ago, DavidKnell said:

Honestly standard rims for any car don't really do it for me, makes the car look stock. 

I think that's the difference with me and others, I actively pursue the stock or 'OEM' look.

The non-stock or modified look ages a car, it is something usually done by younger drivers to their older and cheaper cars in an effort to spruce them up, and therefore becomes synonymous with the boy-racer fraternity.

Each to their own though, if we all liked the same things the world would be a boring place!

I agree with Silver - but maybe it depends on the owners point of view / age.....

The winter wheels I bought for Kodiaq and Karoq are OEM 17" Mikycas for Kodiaq and Triton for Karoq.

Also OEM wheels are strength tested and generally have higher quality standards applied than AM wheels.... that's not to say all AM are bad ... that's clearly not the case... but there are some lower quality ones out there.. that just meet required standards... rather than exceeding them..

As long as you stick with a Quality Manufacturer.. strength will be no issue... but they still look AM to my eye..

• Like 1