What a car!

I feel the same about my Vrs245 bought new in August 2017, the more I drive it the more I appreciate everything it can do. One of the best sub £30,000 car on the market and I plan to keep it at least 10 years as it has everything I need and desire plus it's a lot of fun, all the time. Now covered 28,700 miles with 100% reliability as a bonus.:thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Steviedakota said:

Was driving home last night in the dark in a torrential downpour, gusting wind, poor visibility, water cascading over the roads.  What should have been very stressful, white knuckle commute was nothing like it. The car was an oasis of calm, barely any road noise despite the volumes of standing water on the roads, wipers running silently at full speed, no wind noise, car tracking straight and true.  Utter refinement and isolation from the maelstrom.

Unbelievably accomplished for a mainstream family car, and without doubt the best car I've ever owned including a Passat and three BMW's.  I usually change every few years but I really can see no reason to ever change this one.

I know exactly what you mean.

I'm coming up on 3 years with my L&K and its about this time I usually get itchy feet and start looking to change.

I really don't want to change this car at all.  I'd miss it too much!    

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Mickey43 said:

I know exactly what you mean.

I'm coming up on 3 years with my L&K and its about this time I usually get itchy feet and start looking to change.

I really don't want to change this car at all.  I'd miss it too much!    

Agreed. I’m almost 2 years in and I plan on keeping mine for a long time. Some performance mods when the warranty is up should keep me interested. I’ve normally started looking elsewhere by now. 

• Like 2

I’ve spent the past month commuting in my wife’s manual Jazz as she is recovering from a left leg fracture and has been told to drive an automatic for a while if she can. She can. It’s mine!

Drove my Superb again for the first time in a month yesterday and it was an oasis of calm by comparison: quiet, smooth, hassle-free, all of that. I’m not among those who thinks the Superb is A4 or 520 standard in terms of overall refinement, but it is a remarkably good barge for the money. The best of Skoda, I’d say.

Edited by MorrisOx
  • Like 4

I also agree with the above sentiments. My wife borrowed my 220 L&K Superb the other day. I took the chance to walk the short distance into the village. On my way back she was coming up our road, didn't see me walking on the pavement (she was probably listening to the Archers(!) as it was around 2PM), totally passing by me. I didn't even hear the car until she had wafted past - so not even noisy on the outside either. Mine you I had recently fitted my winter wheels (Nokians) and they are fairly quiet in comparison to the summer P7's.

Just done 5000 miles from new (2 years old) - I don't get out much 😄 - so not even thinking of changing mine

• Like 1

Mine gets changed in April (personal lease) and wife wants a Karoq or a Kodiak as she likes to sit higher up . . . . . 

Lease prices are coming out a little cheaper for them as well.

Only problem is that the Superb is such a comfortable place to travel I just want another one like this. 

• Like 2

On 21/12/2019 at 09:16, MorrisOx said:

You’re not wrong, BJ!

”Oh, I do love driving your car - it’s so smooth, I don’t know why I haven’t driven it before!”

I do...😡

Oh oh. I see expense ahead. 

• Like 2