Recommend a phone holder?

3 minutes ago, john999boy said:

Brodit usually has a variety of options available for different positions.

Cheers,I'll look them up. Also wondering where most people attach their phone holders?I used to attache mine to my CD slot on my old car but obviously can't do that in the Skoda. I don't like the ones that sit on the dashboard as that's just inviting thieves!

I don't think many people actually use dedicated holders nowadays as (at least used to be) they also enabled charging via a fixed plug and also maybe went to an external aerial too. Brodit holders allow for an easier change to the holder after a phone upgrade but as most cars have Android Auto of Apple CarPlay then that's usually the preferred way.

Why not consider the magnetic disc mounts that are quite unobtrusive if you do need the phone to be in your sight line?

1 minute ago, john999boy said:

I don't think many people actually use dedicated holders nowadays as (at least used to be) they also enabled charging via a fixed plug and also maybe went to an external aerial too. Brodit holders allow for an easier change to the holder after a phone upgrade but as most cars have Android Auto of Apple CarPlay then that's usually the preferred way.

Why not consider the magnetic disc mounts that are quite unobtrusive if you do need the phone to be in your sight line?

Yes,looking on amazon at magnetic disc mounts. Do they work through phone cases?Also where would be best place near the usb port to mount it? And finally,I'm going to need a reliable usb charging cable!

1 minute ago, john999boy said:

The discs would be mounted on the case and Anker are a reputable brand for cables.

Cheers. Can I ask you one more question-is there a way of preventing the fingerprint smudges on the infotainment screen?If not,whats the best way to clean it?I'm guessing a regular microfibre cloth...

41 minutes ago, scorpio1974 said:

Cheers. Can I ask you one more question-is there a way of preventing the fingerprint smudges on the infotainment screen?If not,whats the best way to clean it?I'm guessing a regular microfibre cloth...

The best way is not to touch it then you won’t have any problems but a microfibre cloth will be the best bet if you do. :thumbup:

10 minutes ago, john999boy said:

The best way is not to touch it then you won’t have any problems but a microfibre cloth will be the best bet if you do. :thumbup:

I use it for Google Maps and Spotify so I dont think its possible to operate it without touching it.

Yoshi magnetic mount in the drivers- side centre vent works through my non-flip plastic case. I use 2 discs to give the option of portrait or landscape position.

I connect to either the USB socket or the 12V socket via a rapid charge USB C lead.

Colours and lengths of leads are available to all tastes.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, gregoir said:

Yoshi magnetic mount in the drivers- side centre vent works through my non-flip plastic case. I use 2 discs to give the option of portrait or landscape position.

I connect to either the USB socket or the 12V socket via a rapid charge USB C lead.

Colours and lengths of leads are available to all tastes.

Is it this one - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DPHQQDD/?coliid=IUNSBVDQGZFYS&colid=120ZD2AIQ84SV&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Got one of these in each of cars.  Very convenient as it's magnetic so no fuss.

Had no issues.  

Car Phone Mount, Mpow Magnetic Windscreen Cars Holder Dashboard Phone Holder for Car Universal Mobile Car Cradle for iPhone X/10 8 7 7 Plus 6 6s Samsung Galaxy S9 S8 Note 9 LG HTC Nexus 6P and others https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075WP4FZZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_UrYgEb0YB0E2A

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, scorpio1974 said:

Stoners invisible glass ,cleans the screen perfectly and is best stuff ive found for your windows too ,and believe me ive used alot cos ime crap at cleaning glass but this stuff is excellent.

• Thanks 1

Yoshi link. Scroll down slightly for vent mounted model  £5.99.🤨 very neat and unobtrusive. 

I find linking the phone to the car over complex and likely to go wrong for me. 

I like to use Waze for navigation. 

Edited by gregoir

This Phone holder worked well for me when I wanted to use it, otherwise I just opt to keep my phone in the tray near the gear lever. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07D112MDL/ref=cm_sw_r_oth_api_i_fZdhEbP9SWAGA

as for cleaning the infotainment screen, have been using the below lens cleaning wipes available from Poundland and they work really well. 

523796A7-3CD9-4A44-9608-88850FCD931C.jpeg

You get the rotating magnet vent mount from Halfords , locks into the vent veins, then a round disc stuck to the back of the phone , neither  move once in place, and the phone just lifts off when needed

On 13/01/2020 at 09:55, Grc said:

This Phone holder worked well for me when I wanted to use it, otherwise I just opt to keep my phone in the tray near the gear lever. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07D112MDL/ref=cm_sw_r_oth_api_i_fZdhEbP9SWAGA

as for cleaning the infotainment screen, have been using the below lens cleaning wipes available from Poundland and they work really well. 

523796A7-3CD9-4A44-9608-88850FCD931C.jpeg

Really.....lol

I use a microfiber cloth, saves me money and no wipes to put in the bin!

29 minutes ago, Chris245 said:

Really.....lol

I use a microfiber cloth, saves me money and no wipes to put in the bin!

Whatever works for you, nothing to 'lol' about. In my case the wipe is first used to clean my prescription glasses and then gets reused on the infotainment screen.