Virtual cockpit and Waze

42 minutes ago, Wladaaaaa said:

It worked for me without any configuration. When I activate route guidance on AA (google maps) it automatically shows turn-by-turn arrows. 

Yes, I have a navigation view selected in my VC

Also, view map on the VC option needs to be deactivated (native map). With that ON I  can't see directions from AA.

IMG_20201206_205852.jpg

Thanks for all that info - enjoy your system, it looks awesome 🙂

Thank you. I'm sorry because I did not help too much. 

How to recognise MIB 3 units? Is MY enough?  Is there some visible hardware? My Amundsen system looks the same as on Karoq 2019/2020, just without SD card slot. 

7 hours ago, Wladaaaaa said:

Thank you. I'm sorry because I did not help too much. 

How to recognise MIB 3 units? Is MY enough?  Is there some visible hardware? My Amundsen system looks the same as on Karoq 2019/2020, just without SD card slot. 

No problem, at least I know what's happening now 🙂. Yes, model year is enough - all MY21 units are MIB3 (except the 'Swing' radio on some other Skoda models). Visible hardware is USB-C ports.

I have Kodiaq MIB 3 Amundsen and VC. And I swear that with Waze on the Amundsen with wireless AA and the MAP showing on the VC i saw in the top of the screen on the VC directions from WAZE.

Will give it a try to see and post it here.

21 hours ago, Iasmin90 said:

I have Kodiaq MIB 3 Amundsen and VC. And I swear that with Waze on the Amundsen with wireless AA and the MAP showing on the VC i saw in the top of the screen on the VC directions from WAZE.

Will give it a try to see and post it here.

This is how I see Google Maps Directions when map is visible on the virtual cockpit. (see image).

When the map is visible on the centre infotainment screen, then I can see the full arrows as an image in my previous post. 

viber_image_2020-12-08_14-13-22.jpg

I managed to display both working Waze and non working native maps at the same time for the firsta tie after update, but not anymore.

Still, if the route is not activated, native can be displayed on VC at the same time with Waze on headunit. Which was impossible for the last half a year..

But as soon as you start Waze guidance, native map disappears and text about working navigation on mobile device appears on VC.

From the other side, both Waze and Google maps can have active guidance at the same time so you can easily switch betwen them. I don`t remeber this feature working before.

On 06/12/2020 at 21:31, Wladaaaaa said:

It worked for me without any configuration. When I activate route guidance on AA (google maps) it automatically shows turn-by-turn arrows. 

Yes, I have a navigation view selected in my VC

Also, view map on the VC option needs to be deactivated (native map). With that ON I  can't see directions from AA.

Can you explain that in more detail?  I'm not sure what you mean. Where is the 'view map' on VC option?

1 hour ago, linni said:

He is talking about the new MIB 3 headunit model.

And so am I.

If you look at my details you see I drive a MY21 Sportline which has the new Columbus software and I can't see any 'view map' option on the VC setup, hence the question.

Edited by Guest

@Scot5 Since you have a Columbus ,you don't have that problem.

MIB 3 Amundsen has an option where you have to manually choose where you want the map to be displayed ,it can show in the VC or on the Amundsen screen but not both at the same time.

MIB 3 Columbus does not suffer from this as far as I know, as it can display it's map on the VC and screen in the same time. 

With this MIB 3 generation they have a lot of trouble to justify the need of 750 Euro price difference between the Amundsen and Columbus.

27 minutes ago, Iasmin90 said:

MIB 3 Amundsen has an option where you have to manually choose where you want the map to be displayed ,it can show in the VC or on the Amundsen screen but not both at the same time.

MIB 3 Columbus does not suffer from this as far as I know, as it can display it's map on the VC and screen in the same time. 

With this MIB 3 generation they have a lot of trouble to justify the need of 750 Euro price difference between the Amundsen and Columbus.

This is true regarding the 2020 Amundsen where you can either have the sat nav on the 8" central info screen or in the centre of the virtual dash but not both at the same time on my SEL Superb.

1 hour ago, Iasmin90 said:

With all due respect, this is EXACTLY what is wrong with Briskoda.

I put a question to the horses mouth.  I've asked Wladaaaaa where is that menu option. He's used it, he has experience, that's fine by me. All very simple.

I then get replies from people who don't have MIB3 !  I've one person thinking that I'm talking about the old system ( god knows why he thought that ) and then you.

If you don't know the answer to the question or don't have experience of the new system on MY21 then please stop trying to tell me it works when you clearly have no experience. Can you tell me what options to select?

Armchair feck'n experts. I wish they just pi55 off because their contribution in helping other members is zero.

7 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

With all due respect, this is EXACTLY what is wrong with Briskoda.

I put a question to the horses mouth.  I've asked Wladaaaaa where is that menu option. He's used it, he has experience, that's fine by me. All very simple.

I then get replies from people who don't have MIB3 !  I've one person thinking that I'm talking about the old system ( god knows why he thought that ) and then you.

If you don't know the answer to the question or don't have experience of the new system on MY21 then please stop trying to tell me it works when you clearly have no experience. Can you tell me what options to select?

Armchair feck'n experts. I wish they just pi55 off because their contribution in helping other members is zero.

@Scot5 I really don't know what your problem is ,but you should respect more the other's around you.

Furthermore as  a MJ21 Kodiaq MIB 3 Amundsen owner i know what I am talking about.

picture 1 is for Map showing on Amundsen Screen and just compass on the VC

Picture 2 is when you go with your hand towords the screen of the Amundsen it will show you a "..." which when you touch will lead you to the menu in picture 3

Picture 3 is the menu explained before,also :"Afisare harta pe pan. bord"= " Showing of map on the virtual cockpit"

Picture 4 is the Map showing on the VC and compass on the Amundsen Screen.

Again as far as I know you with the Columbus will not have this option as the Columbus can show it's native map on the VC and the screen on the same time.

Do you need any other info ?

IMG_20201216_001105.jpg

IMG_20201216_001112.jpg

IMG_20201216_001118.jpg

IMG_20201216_001131.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I have:

• Galaxy S9+ with Android 10
  • Kodiaq 2021 (delivered 02/2021)
  • Columbus MIB 3
  • Wireless AA connected
  • No additional setup/configuration either in car or in phone AA app

Once I start navigation in AA google maps, I can see:

• Maps in VC (full with directions OR turn by turn directions only)
  • Maps in center console screen

That`s interesting. They possibly made some changes here. Only thing we don`t know which side has been preventing dual maps so far - Skoda or Android Auto.

And which maps? Google Maps on both or only on headunit and native maps on VC?

One interesting thing more - Android Auto is a part of Android 11 now, you don`t need separate app.

7 minutes ago, linni said:

And which maps? Google Maps on both or only on headunit and native maps on VC?

Google maps on both as far as I can tell. Infact my VC default is set to showing the consumption overview between the two dials. But as soon as I start navigation in google maps it switches to showing the map in the VC (instead of consumption) and that is a great solution for me. What is for sure is that detailed map with directions OR turn by turn directions is surely coming from google maps as at a time I activated navigation only on google maps (in fact ever since I got this car I have not used the native map even once).

7 minutes ago, linni said:

One interesting thing more - Android Auto is a part of Android 11 now, you don`t need separate app.

Correct. More so in case of Samsung devices it is part of the OS even for Android 10 (IIRC this is the case for Samsung + Android 9 onwards).

Specifically AA version on my phone is 6.0.615334 in case this is of relevance to anyone.

Edited by AmarSirohi