1st SKODA a cloaked GOLF R - WoW

whoops I got that wrong there isn't an A35 estate yet the pic is a CLA35 Shooting Brake £40,970 OTR , ouch makes you realise what good value the Superb is and the Golf R

• 3 weeks later...

Nice discussion...... as an owner of a 75bhp Fabia Mk2 who aspires to an L & K Superb i can not add value to the discuss on the car itself but i can on the security, my job involves me speaking with a large number of victims of crime who have been on many occasions a victim of burglary, apart from watches/gold/cash the good ole motor car on the drive is a real draw to the local scum. I rate the Faraday cases which are a must for the keyless entry side of things, i do dislike this ' improvement '' the manufactures have added, i tend to think of it as a solution to  a problem that never existed, its been a total pain and has been the direct cause of a large number of thefts from driveways that may not have happened without it. If you are  going for the scrote magnet type of car then laminated glass on the larger pieces of ground floor windows/patio doors is a must, also have a house alarm which is wireless enabled and connects to the internet to warn you when it goes off, these then have the option to have outdoor sensors in the garden/side passage, thus setting the alarm off when the scum first jump over the fence or the side gate, most do not have this and its a real shame, also ensure your euro cylinders are 3 star BS, This means they are anti snap (most scum snap/burn round your locks and can then enter at will), if you want to scare yourself Google it....... but don't let the wife see. I have CCTV which of course i can see from my phone but i only use it if my alarm system goes off when i am out and i want to see why, then if you see scum in your rear garden (the majority gain entry here) you then ring the old bill whilst watching them run about like lemmings wondering why the alarm has gone off before they have done anything !! If they do decide to throw your concrete planter at your patio door to quickly get in it will simply bounce off (because you have fitted laminated glass). I know this can be expensive but i have visited houses with BMW M2's and similar and have a basic out of the box DIY store alarm, madness. There is a risk buying a Golf R etc and to mitigate this risk you have to up your game when it comes to security.  Happy driving.

• Like 3

• 3 years later...
On 16/03/2020 at 15:52, g_tee said:

If I had the money, I'd love an L&K in 272ps form with a Stage 1 Remap. Surely, the ultimate sleeper machine

Exactly where I am - 272 (now 350) L&K.  I absolutely love it, and especially the fact that no-one expects it to be quick!

So, why do I keep looking at Golf Mk8 R Wagons?……..

IMG_2891.thumb.jpeg.2a6d702910829af31f6b8dece571ac27.jpeg

4 hours ago, Donweather said:

What tune did you go with.  ECU and TCU?

Just ECU. Can manage the gearbox with the modes / paddles.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/02/2020 at 15:42, als391 said:

That is good news I can't decide what to do and was actually thinking about changing the car for one with DCC.

So did you do all four and keep the original springs ?

Koni special actives with H&R springs and 12mm spacers. Winter wheels and stock summers. TVS ecu and tcu an racingline goodies 

IMG_7828.jpeg

IMG_5475.jpeg

IMG_4297.jpeg

Edited by Esseesse200
  • Like 1

On 30/01/2020 at 09:23, penguin17 said:

Oh and I thought the Golf R and 280/272 had the same brake setup? 

340mm vented discs and TRW callipers at the front with 310mm vented discs and ATE callipers at the rear? 

You are correct penguin17