Amundsen MIB2 Firmware Update

Hi @pab567,

Sorry to add to the continuous list but you are obviously the man for the job. I'm an new to the forum and skoda just got the car this week. This was the first thing I picked up on and have never done this before so any help is greatly appreciated.. Cheers

IMG_20200905_171410.jpg

I remember there was a guide here to update the software. But i cant find it now. 

To the people who did the update, how did it go? 

Any problems? 

Should you just transfer the Update to a SD card and throw it into the car and go to settings firmware and update? 

10 minutes ago, DonJayDk said:

I remember there was a guide here to update the software. But i cant find it now. 

To the people who did the update, how did it go? 

Any problems? 

Should you just transfer the Update to a SD card and throw it into the car and go to settings firmware and update? 

Transfer the files in the archive to the root of an SD card (if not present do a DVD). Then put it in the slot and push MENU TWICE. Then you should see an Update menu. Use this one and do not abort, even when the last step might take a little longer.

2 minutes ago, gerstemann said:

Transfer the files in the archive to the root of an SD card (if not present do a DVD). Then put it in the slot and push MENU TWICE. Then you should see an Update menu. Use this one and do not abort, even when the last step might take a little longer.

I found another guide, where it says i need extra battery and OBD. So i panicked a bit. 

Did you do the update? How long did it take? The guide says about 60 minutes and someone else here said 20 minutes. 

3 minutes ago, wlado93 said:

If your battery is in good condition, you don't need external power supply. I did my update only from build in battery, at start voltage was 12.5V at the end was 12.0V.
I used class 10 SD card and it took 20 minutes.

Roger that and thank you

39 minutes ago, DonJayDk said:

I found another guide, where it says i need extra battery and OBD. So i panicked a bit. 

Did you do the update? How long did it take? The guide says about 60 minutes and someone else here said 20 minutes. 

Yes, I did the update. It took something around 20 to 25 minutes. I did it with tuning engine just to be sure or make it while driving somewhere.

Just to Say a big Thanks to Pab567, I have upgraded my headunit successfully from 0475 to 0478, although a seemingly small update there were a 103 internal component upgrades (presumably files in flash) that were updated (Including some CPU, Dab radio and Nav updates). All done in 20 mins with no errors logged (at least checking afterwards using Carista).

Its nice for the brave few who are comfortable to perform this update to have the choice to do so. 

Thanks Again..

Hello,

Nice work doing this and helping people out. 

Is there any chance that you have time to send the update for this please?

Device part number: 5Q0035874B

Hardware: H30 

Software: 0363

Can I have the 0363 as well please? Just in case I do not like the new update, so I can revert back to old one.

Thank you very much.

20200909_163015-2.jpg