Amundsen MIB2 Firmware Update

3 hours ago, pab567 said:

PM

Hi, pab567, 

thanks, but that download link doesn't work for me. He will write it to me after opening the page: "You have no permission to access the share folder(s)" 

3 hours ago, pab567 said:

PM

Worked like a charm, thank you! Except for dropping the first SD Card I bought down the void down the side of the chair and having to buy a 2nd 🤬

Hi Mr @pab567. I have nasty problems with phone data in my memory. I can't delete profiles and previously paired phones must be paired after every reboot. Tried everything I could imagine.

Do you think upgrading Fw helps? 

If so, could you send me a pm with compatible files? 

Many thanks

IMG_20211029_155416.jpg

IMG_20211029_155054.jpg

Hey guys,

I've jost got my hands on 2015 vRS equipped with Amundsen. So far I've driven my 2014 Greenline, which has Columbus.

The previous owner states his phone to head unit connection worked before having it serviced at a dealer, now the thing says "Couldn't enable bluetooth" and that "SmartLink can be enabled using activation code. Please ask your dealer". I did my best translating these to English ;)

Is there any way to update the software or to enable the feature by myself?

It is device nr: 5Q0035842A

HW: H24

SW: 0245

I know I was able to update my Columbus map data with data from the Skoda site but there is no SW update available for my vRS.

Thanks in advance!

Tydlifuk.

On 29/10/2021 at 15:59, linzg said:

Hi Mr @pab567. I have nasty problems with phone data in my memory. I can't delete profiles and previously paired phones must be paired after every reboot. Tried everything I could imagine.

Do you think upgrading Fw helps? 

If so, could you send me a pm with compatible files? 

Many thanks

I sent you link via PM however I do beleive that this is rather corrupcted file system in your unit. If I am rigjht you will not be able to proceed with the update so before ypou try it pls make a short test - change user interface language to any other and then restart the unit. If afdter restart unit returns to English by itself then files system is corrupted.

17 hours ago, tydlifuk said:

Hey guys,

I've jost got my hands on 2015 vRS equipped with Amundsen. So far I've driven my 2014 Greenline, which has Columbus.

The previous owner states his phone to head unit connection worked before having it serviced at a dealer, now the thing says "Couldn't enable bluetooth" and that "SmartLink can be enabled using activation code. Please ask your dealer". I did my best translating these to English ;)

Is there any way to update the software or to enable the feature by myself?

It is device nr: 5Q0035842A

HW: H24

SW: 0245

I know I was able to update my Columbus map data with data from the Skoda site but there is no SW update available for my vRS.

Thanks in advance!

Tydlifuk.

It seems to me tha teither unit has been previously patched and dealer killed this patch when servicing or unit broke down. let me know you VIN on PM so I can check if it was unit originally installed or rather retrofitted.

All others check your PMs

Hi guys,

I have kindly been given the latest update for my car but I'm having difficulty getting it to install.

I have unzipped the folder onto an SD card and also tried a USB stick but I get the following error.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

20211102_105818.thumb.jpg.2aead0ccb4aad19778c80a23f0768b62.jpg

20211102_105808.thumb.jpg.b829c0d7f308f44180308ef23322d835.jpg

2 hours ago, pab567 said:

I sent you link via PM however I do beleive that this is rather corrupcted file system in your unit. If I am rigjht you will not be able to proceed with the update so before ypou try it pls make a short test - change user interface language to any other and then restart the unit. If afdter restart unit returns to English by itself then files system is corrupted.

thanks for your advice and time, its very appreciated. 

Tried changing language + reboot -> As you suspected, language setting was restored after restart. 

Any chance to repair/handle the corrupted filesystem? pairing my phone everytime is driving me nuts.

6 minutes ago, golf2 said:

Hi guys,

I have kindly been given the latest update for my car but I'm having difficulty getting it to install.

I have unzipped the folder onto an SD card and also tried a USB stick but I get the following error.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Why don't you people use search before asking? The answer is: you should start it from SERVICE menu (long press MENU button).

7 minutes ago, linzg said:

thanks for your advice and time, its very appreciated. 

Tried changing language + reboot -> As you suspected, language setting was restored after restart. 

Any chance to repair/handle the corrupted filesystem? pairing my phone everytime is driving me nuts.

I should be able to have it fixed but I must get it on my bench in Warsaw (Poland). Pls contact me on PM for details.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pab567 said:

Why don't you people use search before asking? The answer is: you should start it from SERVICE menu (long press MENU button).

I've been searching for the last hour before I asked but couldnt find what I was looking for.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated as always 😃