Social Distancing support, advice and tips & a little humour.

@Lee

:D 

A Liverpool pub has temporarily renamed itself “The Three Bellends” in protest against the government’s decision to place the city under strict restrictions.

The James Atherton in New Brighton, Merseyside, has replaced its crest from a portrait of its namesake – the founder of New Brighton – to a picture of prime minister Boris Johnson, health secretary Matt Hancock, and the PM’s senior adviser Dominic Cummings, pictured quite literally with bells on their heads.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/liverpool-pub-three-bellends-lockdown_uk_5f871a9cc5b6f53fff07b701

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Watch the video at the end & you will have trouble counting how many bellends there are on the streets of Liverpool.

I did and yes, numpties.
I saw France is going for tougher measures. I expect Johnson will bow to pressure and follow suit late as usual. 
https://www.euronews.com/2020/10/14/france-will-reimpose-a-coronavirus-related-state-of-health-emergency-from-october-17

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lee01 said:

I saw France is going for tougher measures. I expect Johnson will bow to pressure and follow suit late as usual. 
https://www.euronews.com/2020/10/14/france-will-reimpose-a-coronavirus-related-state-of-health-emergency-from-october-17

France is only going for local measures in areas that have spiked, which is similar to other European countries.

14 minutes ago, moley said:

France is only going for local measures in areas that have spiked, which is similar to other European countries.

I'd read a night-time curfew from 9pm to 6am???

• Like 1

Just now, skomaz said:

I'd read a night-time curfew from 9pm to 6am???

In nine cities for four weeks. 

we have been to level 3.3 

no household visits from midnight thursday.

our 5 level response has been using intermediate bits since day one, so its not surprising...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, moley said:

Yes I know. I read the article before linking it. Which other European countries?

Edited by Lee01

1 hour ago, moley said:

In nine cities for four weeks. 

4 weeks initially he said it was most likely that it would be extended until next year at the very earliest.

Other citys & towns will have to follow according to the evolution of the virus and the saturation level of the intensive care wards.

Macron is at the top of his game, if you want to see what a real statesman looks & sounds like rather than a bouffon then watch it on youtube, you dont even need to understand the words, just notice the complete absence of euuhs, the direct answering of even the most probing questions, complete recall of all the figures, details etc, absolutely no BS, flag waving or evasion.

And the measures are simple and brutal, none of this up to 6 people, personal bubbles, OK to walk the dog, drive to Barnard Castle for an eyetest. etc, if you are out one minute after 21.00 you cop for a €135 fine, do it again and its €1500, continue and its prison. No stopping vehicles to see if people have attestations etc, anyone outside aside from the emergency services will be clobbered.

My area already had 2 months of curfew from 21.00 to 05.00 (Airbus factory shift start time) from the end of March, I did not even know about it as it wasn't communicated, I soon did when I went for a late night walk though!

I should add that in the areas that are under couvre feu the bars and restaurants have already been forcibly closed so its not a case of loads of people piling out at 9pm, the shops shut at 19.00 or 19.30/20.00 for the larger supermarkets so there is no need for anybody to be on the streets or on the roads.

Edited by J.R.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Macron is at the top of his game, if you want to see what a real statesman looks & sounds like rather than a bouffon

Indeed. Matt Hancock tonight Tweeted "Tonight Parliament endorsed & President Macron complimented our Test & Trace Massive thanks to my team & all those working so hard to deliver huge growth in capacity - helping keep people safe"
What Macron said was, IIRC  "I hear your track and trace system was world beating."
I guess Hancock doesn't 'get' French sarcasm! 

He answered criticism that (IIRC) only 4 or 8 thousand alerts had been given from the StopCovid app and that it was a failure, he said he did not consider it a failure but agreed that it had not worked as they had hoped, mainly because the take up of people installing the app was so low in France compared to other countries, he then decribed how other countries notably the UK had had a much larger take up of their app but far fewer alerts generated whilst the virus was spreading like wildfire.

He absolutely did not compliment the UK's app.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lee01 said:

Yes I know. I read the article before linking it. Which other European countries?

Across Europe, governments are introducing new restrictions to battle a second wave of infections.

A partial lockdown has come into force in the Netherlands and cafes and restaurants are closing.

Earlier, Spain's north-eastern region of Catalonia said bars and restaurants would close for 15 days from Thursday.

The Czech Republic has shut schools and bars. It has the highest rate of infection in Europe over the past two weeks, at 581.3 cases per 100,000 people.

The Irish government announced a ban on household visits from Thursday night, but childcare and visits on compassionate grounds will still be allowed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54535358

• Groan 1

There is a new app to be released soon but it is not being relied apon as any magic solution, it will give local information about the level of alert, clusters etc that the okd one didn't & will trigger after 5 minutes, he urged people that if they did download it then to switch it on when they are in a situation of proximity to others.

Even though just as many people here seem to have smartphones surgically attached to them as anywhere else its unlikely that the take up will be any higher of the new app, people have concerns about privacy.

3 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

Across Europe! bleats the headline before naming *checks notes* SIX countries and of those, restrictions apply only in certain regions :D 

As I posted 'Local measures in other European countries'

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

Across Europe! bleats the headline before naming *checks notes* SIX countries and of those, restrictions apply only in certain regions :D 

*checks notes* Moley said 

France is only going for local measures in areas that have spiked, which is similar to other European countries.

*checks article* yep...   Six countries are other European countries and yep restrictions are in certain areas that have spiked.

:biggrin:

Edited by skomaz
  • Like 1
  • Groan 1

13 minutes ago, jars said:

Have you read their replies!!! I probably shame myself saying this, but I hope one of ‘em gets it bad (and ends up on a ventilator that one of them claims gives you autism :wall: )

From my understanding from German colleagues (and I'm sure Lee can chip in) there wouldn't have been a stand off. They'd have been arrested. 

Easy to claim something (which never happened) and post a picture from the safety of being on board a plane, probably back in the UK after everyone has disembarked. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, gadgetman said:

From my understanding from German colleagues (and I'm sure Lee can chip in) there wouldn't have been a stand off. They'd have been arrested. 

Easy to claim something (which never happened) and post a picture from the safety of being on board a plane, probably back in the UK after everyone has disembarked. 

Bundespolizei are the double-hard Polizei and don't f' about. They cover the ports/ airports, Autobahns rather than the local, more chilled but capable Polizei.
I don't know the full details as like you say, easy to say one thing behind a Twitter account but I doubt they would let a public health issue go unchallenged.

Edited by Lee01
  • Like 1